Chapter 3

Once or Twice
  ▬ chapter 
 three 
 
jongin

The crowd was crazy but they eventually got a hold of themselves and went to class, and so did I. The next thing I did was check my schedule, it says Dance 15. I traveled to the room and entered it without hesitation. And at that moment, I started to hear murmurs, whispers and the students started to look at me and smile.

I sat down on the empty area where there are less people; even so, they’re still looking at me as if I’m a criminal.

Not long enough when a shadow casted upon me, I look up to see the person. It was a girl, with big eyes and looked much like a cat. She was smiling, and her cheeks and lips were both very red.

“Jongin Oppa.” The girl said with a childlike tone. My face was blank, not even surprised that she knew my real name. She’s probably a fan.

She inserts the front strands of her hair to her ear in an old-fashioned flirty way. “I think our schedule got mixed up.” Her lips curved again, and I do not find it cute though. This disgusts me.

I looked at my schedule then, and found out that it wasn’t mine. “Jung SooJung” it said. “Are you Jung SooJung?”

She paused for a while and eventually nodded. Hmm, Jung SooJung?

“Yes, oppa.” she her lips curved into a smile again and even her eyes. I held my hand up and gave her the scheduled that was hers. “Here, you have a pretty name, by the way.”

I heard her giggle for a short while, her cheeks turned crimson and she started talking again. “Here is yours, oppa.” She handed me my schedule. I stared at it for a brief moment and exactly, my class is the same as hers. It’s still here.

“Oppa, can I sit beside you?”  She asks me, fixing her designer jeans. And I thought, maybe a little company wouldn’t hurt, right? I nodded.

She sits by my left and began to small talk until the atmosphere got warmer.

 

 
 
 

  
 

 

 

 

 

krystal

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

“Ah seriously, It’s taking too long.” I whined. “Can’t I go in? It’s my class as well.” I swung my foot on the floor and reached for the door handle.

Sulli held my free hand. “Hey, this is my class too. Wait for me, I’m scared to entire college life.”

I ignored her words, she would kill me later for that but I just had to get my schedule. I opened the door and all eyes were at me. “Stop looking at me, I’m not the professor. Jeez.” And in a single second, they all went back to their business. My eyes searched for Yura and there she was, beside that Jongin guy. Ugh, it sickens me.

“Yah! Kim Yura, my schedule!”  I shouted at her with a canny tone. Sulli held my arm and whispered to me “Soojung-ie, don’t make a fuss on the first day.”

“No,” I shook her hand away from my arm.  “I just want my schedule. How hard is it for me to get it back?”

Yura stood up hurriedly and taped my mouth.  “Come out with me.”

She dragged me outside, with her hand still on my mouth. Her hand smelled like make up and it’s ruining my cherry stained lips. I hate this so I bit her finger’s skin. “Ah!” she cried out, removing her hand from my lips. Finally.

“My schedule, please.” I demanded, reaching out my hand. She got the piece of paper from her jacket’s pocket. “Here,” she pressed her lips together and handed me the schedule. “Hey, um, Krystal.”

I faced her with smile, happy that my schedule is in my hands. “Hmm?”

She looked down and played with her fingers. “Do you mind… introducing yourself as Krystal and not Soojung? And is it okay if I introduce myself Soojung?”

I shot a glare at her in a disappointed matter. “You told Kai that you were Soojung?” I folded my arms plus my eyebrow rose.

“I had to, I wanted him to feel like we had a connection.” She said with bashfulness and flirt written all over it. I just want to face-palm my whole face.

I sighed before saying anything. “Okay, look. You’re going to apologize to that man and you’re not going to keep that name because that’s mine and it’s written on my birth certificate.”

Yura frowned and held my arms. My head leaned back in disbelief that she would do that. She’s never like this. She’s one of the sassiest girls I’ve ever seen and now she’s begging me to let her keep my name. This is outrageous. “You don’t understand. Jongin would hate me.”

“You should’ve thought about that before you made that silly mistake.” I stated before going in the studio-like classroom.

Yura walks to my front. “Hey,” she prevented me from taking another step. “Go away.” I said coldly.

“I’m going to tell the truth. I’m sitting next to him.” She declared. I don’t even know why she needed to tell me that. That wasn’t mandatory.  I couldn’t even care less. “Not a problem.” I shoved her shoulder, walking to the area without much people and away from that Kai.

 

It took forever for the dance teacher to arrive at the studio. He began the introduction and know-abouts and whereabouts of College. He said that orientation lasts for 2 days; today and tomorrow. There will be an opening ceremony tomorrow, which includes booths, performances, announcements and other more traditional events that the University does annually before the year starts.

And there it was, “performances” was mentioned. My friends and I have been waiting for this opportunity; to be known as a group and to have our talents recognized.

I stepped forward, a little bit closer to the instructor. “Sir teacher, I got a performance covered up. My friends and I are prepared.” I showed him my USB.

But he looked at me with not much ease. “A first year, performing? You’re kidding me, right?”

I was confounded. “What? Why? Isn’t it a nice way to see the potential in the new ones who just entered college?”

“I’m sorry but it would be very understandable if you’re from a group under a company label. For example,” he gestured his hand to a student. Once I faced the student, no doubt it was he. Kai. Again.

“Mwo?!” I twitched an eye at him. Kai was surprised himself; he didn’t know what was going on because he was busy chatting with Yura. Oh, he forgave her?

“Kai, would you invite your group, EXO, to perform tomorrow? We’ve already asked this since you enrolled and we haven’t checked on the reply yet. Would you mind asking?”

“Oh, we’ve been scheduled for a school event tomorrow and maybe this was it. So, it’s a guarantee.” He explained and ended with a smile.

Sulli looks at me with a downhearted face. This is making me angry. “But we’ve been practicing this since the first day of our senior year. Can’t you give us a shot? Here, we’ll perform right now if you want –“ the older gestured me to stop. “Miss Jung, please. We don’t need an act from novices.”

I was lost for words. Even at college, they wouldn’t give me a chance. I couldn’t face anyone at the moment so I decided to just walk out of the classroom. I gave Kai a quick glare, throwing the guilt at him. Seeing his smile turning into a straight line, I was satisfied and went out of the room.

“Aish! I hate that guy! I hate him so much! I have to get rid of him!”  I yelp to myself. “He’s going to ruin my college life!” I continued.

The door opened, and the male appeared. With that messy brown hair again, he was taller than I was. He had broad shoulders, and he wore black very much. It looked good on him. His side-profile appeared before me, seeing him close the door. He soon faced me and I looked at him with my arms folded.

“Supposed that you’re here to apologize and give the limelight.” I assumed.

He laughs, and in that moment, I realize that he wasn’t the bad boy type. His laugh was actually adorable. But what the heck, he still gets on my nerve.

“Wait, why are you laughing?” I gave him a tone. “This.” He lifted his hand up and in between his fingers was my USB. “You dropped it.”

I took the USB away from his filthy fingers quickly. This is embarrassing.

“See you inside.” He gave me that smile again. He’s so irritating. I could just kick his crotch if it wasn’t the first day.

 

In the end, I had to attend my class. It’s the first day; I just had to be a little less arrogant. Just today, just for now. And the very second I went back to class, the teacher looked at me and clapped once. “There! Perfect timing. Miss Jung, please dance for us.”

“What?”

“I want to see how your skills are and how you passed the university.” He gave me a look.  “All of you are going to demonstrate a dance before you all start lessons.”

I scoff at him without making him see and head on to the front where a large space was meant for me. I wasn’t nervous; I’ve been practicing on freestyle dance for years so being nervous was not a problem.  “Press play.”