Chapter 5

Once or Twice
  ▬ chapter 
 five
 
jongin

Opening the front door of our dorm, I saw Chanyeol watching TV. Everyone else was out of sight. I rubbed my eyes. I can’t wait till I get to bed. I had a rough day; being chased around being oriented around campus and attending different kinds of dance classes. It felt like training all over again.

I remembered events from Hip-hop class wherein Krystal and her friend were really bothered by what Yura said to them. In the van I was in, that was all I can think about. It made me so curious.

“Kai!” the older man noticed my presence and pat his the side of the couch at his right signaling me to sit next to him. I guess my sleep can wait. I sat next to him and my body was facing him.

“How was college?” he looked at me. “I’ll become a student there as well.” His hand reached for the television’s remote and turned it off.

I breathed in and out, trying to relax. “That’s good.” I said, ignoring his question.

Chanyeol laughed out of the blue, his body adjusting to face me. “Do you find the girls there interesting?”

The usual Chanyeol, I thought. That’s all he cares about at the moment. Chanyeol often minds his lovelife and girls, and gets really annoying at times. I spanked his arm softly and let out a smile.

“I’m serious.” His lips formed a straight line, which lead to my serious face as well.

No one was interesting at all.” I leaned back and stretched my arms towards Chanyeol’s face.

Hyung’s face grimaced. “I think you weren’t observing girls.” He snapped at me. He’s right, I wasn’t really minding them because I went to school to learn and not to date.

“You’re not going to enjoy college if you’re like that.” Chanyeol chuckled a bit and stuck his tongue out like a little kid.

Stuck his tongue out. “Hmm,” I reached for my phone in the left pocket of my jeans. I tapped in the name “Krystal Jung” in the searched box.  I wasn’t in doubt weather to tap the search button or not. And after a few seconds of loading, several results popped out.

Krystal Jung | me2day

Krystal Jung | instagram (kjungxox)

Jessica Jung – Wikipedia

Girls’ Generation’s Jessica reveals that she has a little sister – kpopnews

“Mwo?” I leaned forward, fixing my posture. Jessica noona has a little siser? I didn’t know that.  I tapped on the 4th article about Jessica noona revealing she has a little sister.

My finger scrolled up and down, repeatedly reading the article and ever word. She does have a sister, and it’s Krystal.  “Jessica’s sister is rumored to be a trainee under the same company label, SM Entertainment.”

What? I neither see her around the building nor the studios.

“Are you texting your girlfriend now?” Chanyeol teased with a smile so sheepish that I feel a shepherd barging in our dorm at this hour. I gave him a scowl but my face changed focusing on what I was going to ask Chanyeol.

“Hyung, Jessica noona has a little sister?”

He tilted his head, pressed his lips togethers and nodded several times. “I heard she’s your age. Why? Do you like her?”

So it’s true. I leaned at the couch’s arm and smiled to myself. “I made an enemy.”

“On the first day?”

“Yeah” I said.  With the Ice Princess’ little sister, I thought.

 

 
 
 

  
 

 

 

 

 

 

krystal

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I’ve never been this quiet and lonely. Both of my hands were at the edge of the bench, looking down and sliding my foot forward and backward, making noises of rubber and cement crashing into one another.

It was a cool morning; the sun wasn’t to be seen and the air was moist, just the way I like it.

Everyone else was inside the campus, having fun and making party noises. The program was starting and the field was filled with thousands of people cheering and participating. But the only sound I hear was my sighs and the sound of my shoes sliding on the ground.

A shadow was casted upon me. I paused my movements and it took a few seconds before I can look at the person. “What do you want?” my head turned up and saw the guy. He was tall and had brown hair, his ears were visible from this view and he was wearing all black. It kind of reminds me of some other guy.

“Holy beautiful,” he exclaimed as he stared at me with those big eyes and a wide-open smile.

I reply with a glare, from his statement I got irked. He’s one of those boys who are in College because of the girls and the popularity.

“And scary.” He said. “Not my type.” The male murmurs at the end and avoids eye contact.

I rolled my eyes and neglected his presence. But he walks in front of me and observed me. “You look like Yoona noona from So Nyuh Shi Dae.”

“Yeah,” I sighed, very used to these “disclosure”. “I get that a lot.”

“Um, do you know where the ceremony is?” he casually asked me. Is he already that comfortable around me?

“Just go inside and follow the noise, you won’t miss it.”

“Thanks.” he prepped his leather jacket. He was about to leave but sadly, he stopped and asked me. “Aren’t going?”

I faced him, I was about to shout and let him leave me but another voice started to blab out words from behind.

“Hey, what’s going on? What are you doing with this?” a male voice said from behind and started sounding nearer.

It’s Minho. He was being overprotective again. How I hated that. He was gesturing his hand in the air mimicking the tall guy’s stature.

“Excuse me.”  The taller guy was dumbfounded with what Minho said.

A giggle escaped from my lips, seeing how funny the stranger’s face is. I don’t know if he’s annoyed and insulted.

“Wait, I know you. Oh.” Minho stayed quiet and silent.

The taller male had a Mister-Know-It-All look on his face. “Your boyfriend?” he glanced at me for a short while.

I shook my head. “No, no!”

Heartbroken Minho walks away with his head down. Guilt didn’t strike me at all, not even once. Heartless, they call me.

“Admirer?” he sounds like intrigued. Why does he need to know? He hasn’t even introduced himself yet. But Minho says that he knows the guy. How come I don’t?

I nod awkwardly and wasn’t looking at him. “Something like that.”

The guy looked at something behind me. Someone laid hands on my shoulders. “Hey, you! Where have you --.” She was cut off.

The girl was my friend, Sulli. I observed the two. Sulli’s jaw dropped and Chanyeol was smiling at Sulli.
“You know each other?” I was simultaneously looking at them.

Krystal,” Sulli was tapping my shoulder hundreds of times.  Chanyeol looked at me with those big round eyes. “Krystal?”

Why is everyone calling me? It’s getting a little irritating.

“Why do you keep bumping onto EXO members?” she looked starstrucked, if that was the right term for it.

Wait, EXO member? You mean, I met another idol who’s going to take over the whole university to ruin my whole college life.  “He’s an EXO member?” I shot a look at the guy with much antagonism.

Sulli snorted from her nose and chuckled. “You didn’t know?”

“No, why would I?” I palmed my forehead.

My best friend walked towards the celebrity and let the ‘fangirling’ begin. “Hi Chanyeol oppa! Are you looking for Kai oppa?”

The so-named Chanyeol looks from the back and says, “I don’t need to.”

Oh, no. I thought, realizing what he meant by that. I swore to myself that I wasn’t going to look back. I don’t want my Tuesday morning ruined by that person.

Unfortunately, Kai walked towards Chanyeol with a bottle of water on his hand and the other on his pocket. I should shove all of his hands and limbs in your pocket.

Yura was tailing him from behind and I guess Kai hasn’t noticed.

“Hey, there you are.” Chanyeol smiled and hit his band mate’s arm. Kai let out a flower boy smile and drank in his water bottle.  I was staring at Kai’s throat, unaware.

“Your girlfriend?” Chanyeol pointed to his back where Yura was. With Chanyeol’s words, I knocked out of my senses and looked at Yura.

Kai furrowed his brows, closed his water bottle with its cover and looked behind him. “Oh! You’re there. No, she’s not.”

Yura pouts and clings to his arm. “But oppa, I like you. I like you so, so, so much.”  I tried to fight the laugh that was about to come out of my mouth. She sounds drunk, to be honest.

Kai removes the girl’s arm off of his and waved his hand at her. “You’re rushing this. I thought I cleared this out, that we’re just friends for now. I’ve only known you for a day and a few hours.”

Surprisingly, this guy isn’t so bad and desperate at all when it comes to girls. I’m an exception of course. I could feel the hatred between us every time we would look at each other especially during classes. I could feel the tension.

“Oppa, what do you like in a girl? I pretty sure it’s not like Krystal.” She smiled.

I sneer at her. “Don’t make me rip your stomach out from your belly button.”

“Isssh~” Chanyeol shivered. Sulli smiled like a proud friend and so did Kai.

Yura’s face looked jolted with my disturbing declaration and I could just pay a million just to see that everyday.

“Well,” Kai started. “I like girls who are gentle, affectionate and skinny.”

Yura waved her hair. “I guess I’m qualified. Any height requirement?”

“160-166 cm?” he sounds unsure.

“Mwo? How tall are you?” Chanyeol was surprised that he has a height requirement as for his ideal type.

Kai laughed and answered, “I’m 180 cm last time I checked.”

Chanyeol held his chin and rubbed it with his index finger and thumb. “But I’m 185.”

“Eottokhe? I’m 169 cm” Yura held both of her cheeks with her hands, problematic that she’s too tall for Kai’s ideal type.

Chanyeol chuckled and mumbled to Kai, “69”. With Chanyeol’s dirty joke, Kai smirked a bit and elbowed the other male. I looked at Yura and Sulli to see how they react to that but alas, I’m the only who heard it. They were both innocently staring at the two dirty boogers.

“How about you, Miss?” Chanyeol asked Sulli.

“It’s Sulli.” She smiled with aegyo eyes. Ew, no. Sulli stop this nonsense. “I’m 167 cm.” she said and ended with a slight giggle.

“How about you, Krystal Jung?” Chanyeol looked at me and smiled mischievously. My eyes widened at the fact that he knows my surname although I did not tell him. Could he tell that I’m Jessica unnie’s sister?

“165.”  I muttered.  I didn’t want to join in their height game because I’m obviously the smallest around this crowd.

Chanyeol sat on his knees and looked at me. “Looks like we have a winner.” Then later on, took a look at Kai.

“You’re mistaken. Yeah, she’s 165 cm, the perfect height. But she’s not gentle at all.” Kai glances at me while I just yawn because of boredom.

“Oppa,” Sulli kneels down beside Chanyeol. “I’m going to watch you.”

“Which reminds me,” Kai said, pulling Chanyeol’s jacket up for him to stand up. “Let’s go.”

Chanyeol nods and they both run going to the campus. Yura wanted to catch up but she wouldn’t be allowed to go backstage. “I’m just going to have to go before all the front seats get occupied.” She waved her hand and walked away from us.

Sulli was about to leave me as well until she realizes that I wasn’t standing up. “Aren’t you going?”

“Why are you going?”

“Krystal,” She holds my shoulder. “I’m a fan of EXO.”

I closed and sighed. It could’ve been us who’ll perform. “I’m not going. Go ahead.”

She pouts and she did go ahead. I was left alone as usual.

 

 

jongin

 

At the backstage, EXO-K was there and I was sitting next to Chanyeol. We were getting our hair done by our stylist noona. I was laughing at Baekhyun who was begging for more eyeliner but noona was refusing, until Chanyeol called me. “Kai-ah,”

I face him and raised both my brows.

“What’s the deal with you and Krystal-ssi?”

I choke at the question. “Why? Do you like her?”

“Nah,” Chanyeol squints his eyes. “That Sulli girl is more appealing than her. It’s just that… her glare at you. Is she the enemy you were talking about?”

“Oh, we’re not in good circumstances.” I smiled.

Chanyeol hyung stands up and sits at the makeup table. “Why are you smiling?”

“You’re done.” Stylist noona said and fixes the finishing touches until she stops and leaves. “Thank you, noona” I smiled at her and looked at myself in the mirror.

“That vanity.” Chanyeol teases, seeing me fixing the sides of my hair.

“She hates me because of this performances.” I leaned back on the chair.

“What? Why? Are you too hot for her?” he laughs and pokes me with the comb several times.

I grabbed the blower and pretend to shoot him on the forehead. “No, it’s because she wanted to perform with her own group; something that the school does not allow for freshmen like her and me. But since we’re a debuted group from a company, the teacher allowed us to perform, which I think got her irritated and hate us all. But mostly me.”

“Ouch,” he holds his heart, being a dramatic . “We should apologize.”

Apologize? Hm, I never thought of that. Of course, I haven’t because she doesn’t even let me talk. All she does is run away, shout at me or stick her tongue out. But maybe with the members, she falls for their charms and forgives me. “I’ll think about it.” I said and stood up from my chair.

 
 
 author's note 
 
» Is this update long enough? Haha. I think not, I don't know. I'm back anyway. Hello to my readers! I've been looking at alot of KaiStal interactions at tumblr and can I just tell you how I wish they would date. OMF. Plus the height thing that Kai says his ideal girl is, is real! I swear. And Krystal is really 165cm. Gawd. /kills self