Running away

Take me home [Take you home]

It was morning again when Yongguk decided to go back to that house where he had heard the noises a few days before. He woke up one more day and ran to the kitchen before anyone else had woken up. He took some food from the fridge and a cup of warm milk. He sat down on the chair and focused on eating, his back facing the door. When he was done, he let the dirty dishes, cups and spoons in the washing machine and he turned around to leave the kitchen when he was surprised by a serious face.

- Where are you going, hyung? It’s still early, isn’t it? –asked Daehyun.

- Yes, it is, but I really need to leave. It’s… family stuff. –he answered

- Family stuff?

- Yeah, now… let me leave. I’ll be back soon, I promise.

Yongguk pushed Daehyun softly, walking towards the door. He took a deep breath and ran all the way down the stairs. He took one of the cars they owned and drove to the screaming girl’s house.

- I hate these traffic jams! Lately there are so many cars on the streets… I urgently need to move to a smaller city, for God’s sake! –he yelled nervously. Each second he got more and more scared. Maybe the girl was already suffering and no one stopped by that weird door to help the one on the other side of it.

 

Meanwhile, the boys that were still sleeping woke up slowly. First one was JongUp, who started bothering Zelo as much as he could to make him get up.

- Hey, you nasty piece of work! Move your baby ! Get up! Now! Hyung’s telling you to move!! –JongUp

- Don’t be that noisy, I want to sleep, hyung.

- And I don’t want you to!! Don’t leave me alone with the creepy YoungJae around, pleeeeease. –He pouted and hugged Zelo really tight to persuade him.

- It’s okaaaaay, just let me a second.

Zelo sighed when JongUp let go of him and took a deep breath, feeling peaceful for a moment. A moment that was broken once again when the secretly hyper JongUp started poking him again.

- That second has already passed, you liar dongsaeng! Get up now!

The maknae line had already gotten up and was walking to the kitchen when the scene they saw every morning happened once again. YoungJae headed directly to the kitchen looking nowhere else than to the floor and with a serious gaze drawn on his face.

-Morning –he said when he sat down beside both of the younger ones, that were already having breakfast. Five minutes later, Daehyun and a sleepy Himchan appeared in the room. They joined them and ate too.

-Where’s Yongguk hyung? –asked the maknae with a worried face.

-He’s out. –answered Daehyun, not paying any attention to the darkened face of Himchan.

-Where? –He asked.

-Family stuff he said, Himchan hyung –he ended.

Himchan sighed and received the looks of the other members, who were completely confused by his strange reaction. When they finished eating, the maknae line was the one to clean up the table and the kitchen in general. The rest went straight to their dorms to rest a bit and get dressed for practicing and to the bathroom to brush their teeth.

 

Yongguk’s POV

 

-It’s really strange. –he thought. –no one walks through this street. Is it cursed or something? Everyone seems to avoid it… I haven’t seen anyone coming in hours.

Yongguk had been waiting on the car, parked in front of the house silently. There weren’t any good neither bad signs. No one had come to the street, and no one had screamed in the house. At least until then. A few seconds after Yongguk motioned to leave, he heard a noise in the house. It sounded a bit like a moan, or a groan. He jumped off of the car and approached the door as silently and calmly as he could, his cell phone in his pocket. Maybe he would have to call the police all of a sudden, so he decided to keep it close to him. He heard nothing but the singing of the birds on the trees near the house, when what sounded like a fist crashing onto a mirror scared him. He paid attention and heard some whispers and then, suddenly, the same screams he had heard. The same ones that had echoed in his head for so long. The only difference was that this time it wasn’t only a girl who screamed. He could guess it was an older woman who owned that voices.

-Stop! Stop please! –the woman’s voice screamed.

Yongguk could barely hear the woman and the girl crying, but he could clearly notice that the man inside was laughing out loud, he had burst into laughter.

-I must… I must stop him… -Yongguk whispered to himself and pressed his fist on the door, thinking deep of knocking it and running away, just to make the man stop for a moment. That way he could ask someone for help and come back not so alone as he was. Even though he knew he could win a man in a fight, he wasn’t sure of the weapons that man could have, he was even unsure of the fact that maybe the man wasn’t alone. Maybe there were other men just looking silently, so as he was doing. He didn’t have to wait anymore. The screams stopped. So did the laugh.

-Why did the suddenly…? OH , , HOLY !

Yongguk ran as fast as he could and hid behind his own car, same way he had done the previous time. He begged not to be discovered on his shelter and pressed the red button on the screen of his mobile phone. He had received a call. A Himchan’s one. He turned his phone to silent mode. Maybe Himchan was so stupidly clever to call him once again. He received a message a few seconds before. It was him, reminding him that they were practicing more than fifty minutes ago, that they were waiting for him, and that he was running out of excuses to cover him.

-Cover me? Does he even know where I really am?-he thought, when he suddenly dropped his phone to the phone, scared of the horrible scream on the other side of the car.

-Who the ’s there?? Show yourself!! Don’t you come now, you brave creature of God? Okay, okay, but beg Him that I don’t find you ever in your lifetime or you’ll regret it, you bastard! –the man’s voice screamed.

Yongguk waited for the door to close and then waited more or less five minutes more until he started hearing the screams once again and the creepy laugh of the devil, checking that the man wasn’t still out in the street. He put his phone, that was still on the floor, inside his pocket and drove the car as fast as he could to runaway from that place. He wore sunglasses and a cap, trying to hide his face from people on the streets, that could maybe guess who he was. As soon as he entered the parking of the TS Entertainment building, he sighed and relaxed. He pressed the button beside the lift to summon it. He walked to the practice room and tried to forget about the situation. 

 

 

 


 

Hi! I'm back! I had forgotten a bit this story and focused on my older ones, not only on this webpage. 

 

I hope you all liked the chapter! Please participate on the contest and stay tuned to it! :) Deadline's on 31st July, you still have time to particiapte and comment about the stories! =D 

 

I want to tell you all that I'm reaaally happy. I took part of a writing contest here in AFF and I placed 10th and 21st. I wanted to win of course, but at least I got a honor mention. 

Thank you to exoticangl and the other judges for that already ended contest and thanks to the ones of the current one of this fic! <3

 

~AndreArchwitz