Ch. [28]

After A Minute

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

It had been a few weeks already that he has been meeting Yoona. Since he didn’t have so much free time, he could barely plan nice things for Hyukjae and him. The smaller told him it was alright and that he didn’t mind, that he was still having fun with what they did and that he actually really wanted to visit places all around Seoul.

 

But Kyuhyun noticed. There was something wrong. Hyukjae was paler and weaker. He couldn’t do great walks and he wasn’t as excited as before to continue. He never asked Kyuhyun to carry him up again, neither had he held his hand. He knew it was because Hyukjae didn’t want to be disrespectful with Yoona, but he hated it.

 

It took Kyuhyun three weeks for him to realize that he missed Hyukjae, so badly that he could no longer care about the girl only to run to Hyukjae’s apartment.

 

He didn’t really care when the girl screamed at him by the phone of how much of a jerk he was. He was sure he wasn’t a jerk. He had been nice to her and he never really showed special interest, though he was nice and kind to her.

 

It felt so good to have nothing else to worry about that he grinned widely as he parked outside from Hyukjae’s building, making sure their packed luggage was already in the car before going down from it. He had been thinking about it. The last days, the only things they do together have been going to charity events where Hyukjae donated money and more money, sometimes toys and sometimes clothes. It didn’t matter. It was obvious that Hyukjae had nothing else to do anymore.

 

There was no one in the reception and Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow, not really caring about it and just going up the elevator, smiling widely. He didn’t prepare anything special to confess yet, but he was sure it would be indeed special as soon as they reached their next destination.

 

He opened the door of Hyukjae’s apartment and smiled as he found the other sitting on the couch. Duck was in Kangin’s house so he was sure Hyukjae was bored.

 

“Kyuhyun?” Hyukjae raised an eyebrow. “I thought you would come later.”

 

Kyuhyun smiled, going to sit by Hyukjae’s side. “And I thought we were supposed to go around and have fun,” he said, turning towards Hyukjae to show him the camera in his hands. “It’s been a while since the last time we used it.”

 

Hyukjae laughed softly and shook his head. “You need to have time for Yoona,” he said, nodding for himself.

 

Hyukjae could be slightly paler and thinner, but he was still beautiful. “I decided I don’t want to see Yoona anymore,” Kyuhyun said, letting the camera hung from his neck as he reached his hand to take Hyukjae’s.

 

Hyukjae gasped softly. “Kyuhyun, she’s-”

 

“Beautiful, nice and funny, I know,” Kyuhyun laughed and stood up, pulling Hyukjae up with him. “But so are you, so why are we losing time?”

 

Hyukjae blushed slightly and he couldn’t help his heart beating faster than before, biting his lip to prevent a wide grin to draw across his face. “You’re really picky, for a slave,” he said and Kyuhyun grinned widely.

 

“You would be surprised,” Hyukjae said as he intertwined their fingers together and dragged Hyukjae out from his apartment.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Seven hours?” Hyukjae sighed. “That’s too long…”

 

“We went to an eighteen hours flight, Hyukjae, seven hours in a car won’t kill you,” Kyuhyun chuckled. “And you’re coming with the most handsome man the earth has met.”

 

Hyukjae laughed softly and hit Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “Too conceited, Kyuhyun.”

 

Kyuhyun simply grinned. It had been so long since the last time he heard Hyukjae’s sincere laugh that he couldn’t help but realize how much he loved being by Hyukjae’s side. He drove carefully through the highway, glancing at Hyukjae who was simply humming songs softly as they kept going. “Let me know when you get tired so we can stop, alright?”

 

Hyukjae hummed. “I don’t mind it, I can go all the way there without stopping,” he said. “Wait, where are we going?”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and shook his head. “Are you really asking me that?” he asked, reaching for Hyukjae’s hand to hold it softly, smiling gently at him. “It’s a surprise.”

 

Hyukjae grinned widely. “It’s been a while since I last heard that.”

 

Kyuhyun hummed and chuckled. “Well, get used to it, I’m saying it more often from now on,” he said and he enjoyed seeing Hyukjae smile brightly once again.

 

Hyukjae slept the second half of the trip and Kyuhyun smiled, enjoying seeing Hyukjae’s sleepy face again. He couldn’t believe he felt free once more. He was enjoying his life again and he had Hyukjae by his side. There was nothing else he needed to feel great.

 

It was almost dawn when they arrived to their destination and Kyuhyun stopped before going to their hotel, going out from the car to walk towards Hyukjae’s seat, opening the door and shaking his body gently. “Hyukjae,” he called. “Hyuk, wake up, I want you to see something.”

 

Hyukjae stirred from his sleep slowly, pouting as he opened his eyes slightly and looked at Kyuhyun. “Are we here?” he asked sleepy.

 

“Almost, but I want you to see something, come on,” Kyuhyun insisted, letting his hand go up to gently caress Hyukjae’s cheek. “I bet you’ll love it.”

 

Hyukjae smiled at the slight touch and looked at Kyuhyun, nodding as he felt Kyuhyun take his hand and pull him out, quickly covering his eyes. “Kyuhyun, you told me you wanted me to see something and you’re covering my eyes, what is this?” He asked, pouting slightly. “Either you’re a little crazy, or you’re totally crazy, I can’t decide yet.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly. “I’m waiting for the perfect moment,” he said, resting his chin on Hyukjae’s shoulder. “I think I’m totally crazy already,” he admitted. “But it’s partly your fault.”

 

Hyukjae gasped. “What?” He crossed his arms over his chest and frowned. “Excuse you, I’m completely sane, I don’t see why I’ll be at fault here.”

 

Kyuhyun smiled and finally allowed Hyukjae to open his eyes and see the scene in front of him as he wrapped his arms round Hyukjae’s waist from behind, still resting his chin on the other’s shoulder.

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes and bit his lip to prevent a wide grin appear as he felt Kyuhyun’s hands around his body. He looked up and gasped, feeling his heart beating fast and his blood flowing around his body. He couldn’t believe he finally got to see it.

 

The ocean was expanding all over in front of them and the sun was hiding behind it. The colors were beautiful and he could do nothing more but stare. “It’s…,” he felt tears of happiness forming and he had to shake his head to avoid it. He was being too sensitive about it. “It’s beautiful, Kyuhyun.”

 

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae. He felt his heart flutter. He’s the one. He decided, squeezing Hyukjae’s body gently before leaning closer to whisper into his ear. “Beautiful indeed,” he said. “But not as much as you.”

 

Hyukjae blushed, slapping the hands on his abdomen playfully. “You’re so cheesy, Kyuhyun,” he chuckled, smiling for himself in content.

 

Kyuhyun laughed and hummed, pressing his lips against Hyukjae’s temple gently. “I missed you…,” he admitted. “So much…”

 

Hyukjae looked down, sighing out as he leaned his body against Kyuhyun’s chest slightly. “I missed you too…,” he whispered. “I mean… I saw you almost every day… but it was… different…”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, lifting the camera up. “Smile,” he ordered and Hyukjae did as he was told, offering the camera his best gummy smile. Kyuhyun took the picture and smiled at the outcome, taking the camera down again. He smiled widely, giving a playful and chaste kiss on Hyukjae’s cheek. “Come on, let’s go before it’s too late, I think you’ll love the hotel,” he grinned.

 

Hyukjae smiled widely. “I better do, I don’t pay you a fortune for nothing.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and hummed, guiding Hyukjae by the waist towards the car again. “Believe me, you will.”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“It’s…,” Hyukjae grinned excitedly. “It’s great!”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and nodded, dragging their luggage and holding Hyukjae’s hand with his hand.

 

The hotel was exclusive, mainly because it consisted in a small group of overwater bungalows and Kyuhyun had the fortune to get a reservation for a great prize that he was sure was completely worth it.

 

It proved itself to be perfect when he saw Hyukjae’s wide smile. He could see the latter already coming back to life and he loved it, because he could feel himself living again as well.

They walked through the small port, following their guide towards their own bungalow. As soon as they opened the door, Hyukjae jumped in, exploring around and grinning widely, squealing about how perfect it was and how comfortable it seemed. And not only that, but he was also in the sea already.

 

“Oh my god Kyuhyun! This is the best idea ever!” Hyukjae exclaimed happily, throwing himself to the bed.

 

The bungalow was small, there were only a bed and a sofa for two. But it was cozy and nice to be in so they loved it. The bathroom was as a small annexed tiny bungalow, though it didn’t have a shower because the showers were in a special part of the hotel where they could get to bath with the thermal water.

 

As soon as Kyuhyun closed the door, he walked to the bed and sat by Hyukjae side. “Hyuk, it’s late, change your clothes so you can go to sleep.”

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes and looked at Kyuhyun, shaking his head. “I want to go out and get my feet in the water…,” he said, pointing at the door.

 

Kyuhyun sighed. “Alright, but change your clothes first.”

 

Hyukjae grinned widely and nodded, standing up and walking to get his luggage before going to the bathroom and change his clothes quickly.

 

Kyuhyun sighed in content and stood up, also picking his clothes to change, making sure to finish before Hyukjae.

 

It took them only one minute to sit outside their bungalow, sitting on the port to let their feet in the water. Hyukjae smiled widely, shaking his feet gently and splashing water, not hard enough for them to get wet.

 

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae and smiled, slowly rounding his waist and pulling the smaller against his chest, sighing softly in relief.

 

Kyuhyun had no idea of how much he missed Hyukjae up until that moment and he could swear he would have died if he didn’t suddenly decided he wanted the smaller male in his life.

 

Hyukjae looked up at Kyuhyun and smiled, taking Kyuhyun’s free hand to play with his fingers, looking down as they shared a comfortable silence.

 

“No excuses Hyuk, you have to sleep now,” Kyuhyun said, chuckling as he saw Hyukjae shaking his head childishly. “I promise you we’ll do a lot of things tomorrow, alright? But you have to rest enough.”

 

Hyukjae sighed. “Fine,” he said and stood up, hot letting go of Kyuhyun’s hand to pull the taller up to his feet.

 

Kyuhyun smiled and stood up, quickly wrapping his arm around Hyukjae’s waist to guide him in. They dried their feet and turned their light off, laying side by side on the bed.

 

Hyukjae turned towards Kyuhyun and smiled as the taller hugged his waist, pulling their bodies together. “Hyukjae…,” Kyuhyun called softly, smiling widely as he saw Hyukjae’s sleepy and adorable face.

 

“Yes?” Hyukjae answered, reaching his hand up to unconsciously caress Kyuhyun’s cheek.

 

Kyuhyun smiled widely, leaning in to press their foreheads together, making Hyukjae freeze slightly and blush at the proximity. “I like you, Hyukjae,” he finally confessed, feeling his body get rid of a huge weight after it. “A lot,” he added. “I like you so much, you have no idea…”

 

Hyukjae had no time to reply to that as his lips were sealed into a soft and gentle kiss that he gladly answered.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•