Ch. [09]

After A Minute

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Kyuhyun stretched his body as he walked to Hyukjae’s room, knocking on it and waiting for a few seconds before opening the door, not waiting for an answer. “Hyukjae?” he called, looking around and sighing when he found the other still sleeping. “Seriously…”

 

“I’m awake,” Hyukjae mumbled, eyes still closed. “I’m just still a little tired…”

 

Kyuhyun frowned slightly. “You’re always tired, Hyukjae,” he said and walked to the bed, placing his hand on the other’s forehead, sighing because at least the other didn’t seem to have fever. “Are you alright?”

 

Hyukjae nodded, opening his eyes. “I’m not used to do this kind of things, Kyuhyun,” he said, pouting as he snuggled against the blankets. “I was always sitting behind a desk.”

 

“Alright then,” Kyuhyun chuckled and patted Hyukjae’s back soothingly. “Let’s go get breakfast, there’s something I want to show you, and we won’t have to walk a lot or anything, alright?”

 

Hyukjae grinned widely and nodded, slowly sitting up. “I need clean clothes, and a shower…,” he mumbled.

 

“So do I, but whatever, I’ll shower later, let’s go,” Kyuhyun ordered, standing up.

 

Hyukjae simply nodded, standing up slowly because he was still sleepy, yawning as he went to brush his teeth and wash his face, holding onto Kyuhyun’s shirt when he went out, too sleepy to even be careful.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and shook his head, holding Hyukjae’s hand instead and dragging him to the hotel’s restaurant to have breakfast. Once there, he had to order for Hyukjae because the other was too disoriented as to do so. “We can go back already, if you want,” Kyuhyun offered when their food arrived.

 

Hyukjae shook his head and smiled as he saw the delicious fruit in his plate. “I’m fine,” he said and took his fork to grab a piece of watermelon and take it into his mouth. “This is really good,” he commented as he kept eating.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and hummed, eating from his own plate before the waffles arrived to their table.

 

Hyukjae was still sleepy, and if he got to stay quiet for a few seconds, Kyuhyun was sure he would sleep. So Kyuhyun did what everyone would have done. He took out his camera and took a picture of Hyukjae with his close apparently closed, taking the food to his mouth almost automatically.

 

After a few minutes, Hyukjae was already fully awake, ready to continue their journey. “We need to get my car first,” Kyuhyun said, sighing as he asked for a taxi in the hotel’s entrance.

 

“It’s your entire fault, you left me be up there for hours,” Hyukjae complained, nodding for himself.

 

“You asked me to!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, walking towards the taxi when it arrived, opening the door so Hyukjae would jump in first.

 

“Why did you even hear me?” Hyukjae asked when Kyuhyun also went into the back seat by his side, telling the driver where to go.

 

“You’re my boss, I follow your orders,” Kyuhyun said.

 

“Since when-,” Hyukjae rolled his eyes. “I’m only your boss when it’s better for you.”

 

“Of course,” Kyuhyun grinned childishly. “But hey, we’ll get my car back and we’ll go visit a nice place. I’m sure you’ll forgive me after that.”

 

“It better be nice, Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae warned, glaring at Kyuhyun playfully.

 

“It will,” Kyuhyun said, grinning widely.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Everything set?” Kyuhyun asked as he put on his seat belt, looking at Hyukjae who simply nodded, already set with his seat belt. “Alright, let’s go,” he smiled, driving off almost immediately.

 

The trip was short. Kyuhyun didn’t really planned that one last stop, but last night he had checked in internet and he found out about it so he decided it would be nice to take Hyukjae there. Knowing how childish Hyukjae was, he was pretty sure he would love it.

 

It didn’t take even twenty minutes for Hyukjae to start sniffing the air, scrunching his nose before sniffing again to catch the smell lingering in the air. “Is that…,” he squinted his eyes, looking towards Kyuhyun. “Chocolate?”

 

Kyuhyun’s grin affirmed his question and Hyukjae squealed in happiness. “Oh my god! Oh my god!” he grinned and almost screamed in happiness. “Whatever this place is, I’m sure it’s awesome!” he exclaimed happily.

 

“I know, I deserve an award,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae nodded eagerly.

 

“The ‘Best Slave’ award,” Hyukjae grinned, patting Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “Good boy.”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “I’m not a dog,” he reminded the other but he just got ignored by Hyukjae sticking his head outside the window to get a little more from that delicious smell. “Careful,” Kyuhyun warned, but he was sure Hyukjae didn’t hear his voice anymore.

 

The factory was open to the general public, though that day it was only the two of them. Kyuhyun pulled a hyper excited Hyukjae towards the entrance while the other looked around happily. “A chocolate factory, who would have thought I would visit one?” He asked himself as he held Kyuhyun’s hand to not get lost and be able to spazz around without getting lost.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “I knew you would like it,” he said and smiled widely.

 

“I love chocolate,” Hyukjae grinned, so wide that his gums could be seen and Kyuhyun quickly took a photo.

 

“Good,” Kyuhyun grinned, pulling Hyukjae towards the man that would give them a tour around.

 

They went around one by one the steps until they reached the melted chocolate and Hyukjae could feel his mouth watering at the sight. The man seemed to notice and he grabbed a small spoon, passing it through the stream of chocolate and offering it to Hyukjae. “Enjoy,” he said and Hyukjae grinned widely, nodding as he took the spoon.

 

“Do you want some?” Hyukjae asked Kyuhyun and the taller man shook his head. “I’ll take the solid ones,” he laughed softly. “I’m planning to leave this place with a least a kilogram of chocolate.”

 

“You’re the kind of person I want to keep around,” Hyukjae grinned, his spoon with chocolate as they kept walking.

 

“We add the sugar in this container, to make different types of chocolate, we add different ingredients and pass them through different paths from here,” the man explained happily and Hyukjae nodded, as if that information was vital for him to live.

 

Kyuhyun took another picture, of Hyukjae posing and the whole machinery behind him. The next picture was of the two of them when the tour man offered himself to take the picture. Hyukjae was smiling widely, clinging to Kyuhyun’s arm happily as the taller waved to the camera, smiling innocently as his head leaned slightly towards Hyukjae.

 

It was until they reached the end of the tour that the guide showed them all the different chocolates they produced and explained to them they could eat all the chocolate they wanted.

 

Kyuhyun and Hyukjae looked at each other, grinning childishly before going towards the table, holding one of the chocolates and eating it quickly, almost squealing at how good it tasted.

 

“Look! This got strawberry!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, holding the chocolate for Hyukjae to see.

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes widely. “I want it!” He almost screamed and Kyuhyun laughed as he offered it to Hyukjae, chuckling because the smaller man looked like a small kid.

 

An hour, and lots of chocolate eaten, Kyuhyun and Hyukjae sat down, full of the sweet taste but filled with energy. “Let’s buy some to take home,” Hyukjae proposed and Kyuhyun didn’t even take a second to agree with the idea.

 

The last picture of the day, was of Kyuhyun and Hyukjae side by side, each hugging lots of different bags and boxes of different chocolates, a grin so wide their cheeks hurt.

 

They sang and played in the car in their way home, when it was darkening already and they were still filled with energy for so much chocolate.

 

They arrived Hyukjae’s apartment and the smaller quickly went to shower as Kyuhyun arranged the different boxes in the kitchen, waiting for the other. “Ah~ Finally clean!” Hyukjae chanted as he went to sit on the counter to look at Kyuhyun being a nice slave.

 

“You didn’t seem to remember you didn’t shower when we were in the factory,” Kyuhyun chuckled, turning towards Hyukjae.

 

“Neither did you,” Hyukjae reminded. “It’s late but I’m not sleepy, let’s do something else,” he proposed.

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly and shook his head. “You’ll feel sleepy in a few minutes, I can sense it,” he said. He knew the energy would go down at once as soon as the effect of the chocolate went away.

 

And just as Kyuhyun said, it was. Hyukjae was almost falling asleep as they watched a movie together and Kyuhyun had to carry him to his bed, the latter mumbling incoherent stuff about him being a nice slave and Kyuhyun only rolling his eyes, covering his body with the blanket. He left Hyukjae’s apartment after a few minutes to go to his own and finally clean himself.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Kyuhyun woke up as his alarm went off and he sighed deeply before standing up and looking around his messy room. He looked at his watch and nodded, he was on time to go get Hyukjae and have breakfast with him before having lunch with his new date.

 

Choosing a nice grey suit, Kyuhyun went out from his apartment, only to find a delivery man about to knock on his door. “Cho Kyuhyun?” the man asked and Kyuhyun simply nodded.

 

“That’s me,” Kyuhyun said, looking at the small envelope that said his name.

 

“This is for you,” the man handed Kyuhyun the envelope and the latter signed the small paper he was give, humming as he let the man go before walking to his car, opening the envelope.

 

It was until he was already set in his seat when Kyuhyun could finally see what it was. It was a paycheck, apparently, for his work as Hyukjae’s personal assistant. He chuckled and opened it, gasping loudly and almost chocking on his own saliva at the exaggerated high amount of money he received and a really generous bonus with the concept of ‘For being a good slave’.

 

Kyuhyun coughed, trying to come back from the shock of his salary and he shook his head, running his fingers through his hair, not believing his eyes. “Seriously? Does he not have anything else to spend his money on?”

 

Sighing deeply, trying to calm down, Kyuhyun drove off towards Hyukjae’s apartment, glancing at his paycheck and putting it in his wallet when he stopped in a red light. Either he did an excellent job that week and a half, or Hyukjae was seriously insane. Kyuhyun was leaning towards the second option.

 

“Name,” Kyuhyun groaned, slapping his own forehead.

 

“Kyuhyun!” The tall man exclaimed, almost whining.

 

“Kyuhyun, what?” the other asked and Kyuhyun sighed deeply, trying to calm down his rage.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun,” he said, calmer than before.

 

“Mr. Lee is waiting for you,” the man said. “10th floor, apartment 2,” he chanted.

 

Kyuhyun sighed and nodded, mumbling a low ‘thank you’ and just walking to the elevator to reach Hyukjae’s apartment.

 

As soon as he stepped inside, Hyukjae ran to him, asking which shirt looked better and he raised an eyebrow, looking at both. “The white one looks nice,” he said and Hyukjae nodded, going towards his room again to change.

 

“Kyuhyun! Aren’t you nervous?” Hyukjae asked. “For your date?”

 

“I don’t even know her,” Kyuhyun said, motioning Hyukjae to go out. “Let’s have breakfast first.”

 

Hyukjae nodded, going out from his apartment with Kyuhyun following him. “I want to eat a hamburger,” he declared and Kyuhyun looked at him confused.

 

“For breakfast?” Kyuhyun asked and Hyukjae nodded. “Alright, weirdo, let’s go get your hamburger.”

 

Hyukjae grinned widely and nodded, after the few days he had spent with Kyuhyun, he realized he had to do whatever made him happy instead of whatever was right for society.

 

The best part about his new plan was, that Kyuhyun didn’t question him and just supported him.

 

It was as if Kyuhyun knew how desperately he wanted to live.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•