Ch. [10]

After A Minute

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Did you like her?” Hyukjae asked as soon as Kyuhyun jumped into the car, a few hours after having his date.

 

“You seriously, seriously need to get to know me better,” Kyuhyun said, sighing tiredly. “She is a little… obsessive over chemistry…”

 

“Oh, yeah… that,” Hyukjae laughed nervously, taking his address notebook to scratch her name. “Next one is a boy, he’s nice as well, we used to go to the same high school.”

 

“Start scratching the names of everyone who’s annoying first,” Kyuhyun said. “Or obsessive.”

 

“You’re so picky,” Hyukjae grumbled, easily scratching at least half the whole page. “I just want to help you stop being so lonely.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly. “Alright, as a thank you gift, I’ll take you to eat.”

 

“You just ate though,” Hyukjae said, looking at Kyuhyun.

 

“I wanted to eat with you so I didn’t eat that much,” Kyuhyun chuckled. “Put on your seat belt and let’s get going.”

 

Hyukjae grinned. “Make sure it’s delicious.”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“There’s a meteor shower today,” Kyuhyun announced as he drove somewhere Hyukjae wasn’t sure.

 

“Really?” Hyukjae asked. “I have never seen one.”

 

“It’s really pretty, I’m taking you somewhere high so we can see it better,” Kyuhyun said, grinning widely.

 

Hyukjae bit his lower lip. “I get dizzy in high places…,” he mumbled, looking away embarrassed.

 

Kyuhyun glanced at Hyukjae, chuckling softly. “Then, let’s get some pizza, soda and go up your building’s roof,” he proposed. “Not that high, right?”

 

Hyukjae grinned widely. “Can it be cheese pizza?!”

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly, turning towards Hyukjae to wink playfully at him. “Is there even another kind of pizza?”

 

Hyukjae laughed, shaking his head. “I don’t think there is!”

 

As soon as they arrived to Hyukjae’s apartment, Kyuhyun changed into comfortable clothes and so did Hyukjae, throwing their bodies to the couch as they waited for the night to come. “You know, from now on, you should have a suitcase already ready and keep it in the car so we don’t need to worry about staying in a hotel or something…,” Kyuhyun said, nodding for himself. “I’ll do the same.”

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun and grinned widely, nodding his head. “Does it matter the size of it?”

 

“As long as it fits in my car, you can take whatever you want,” Kyuhyun said, taking out his phone to look at the hour. “We still have a lot of time, what do you want to do?”

 

Hyukjae pursed his lips in concentration, sighing and shaking his head. “I don’t know, that’s your job!”

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly, sprawling on the couch before remembering something. “Oh wait, I have something!” He exclaimed, grinning widely as he stood up. “It’s in the car, I’ll be back in a minute,” he announced before running to the door.

 

It took Kyuhyun a few minutes to come back, probably because he was stopped again in the entrance.

 

“What’s that?” Hyukjae asked as soon as Kyuhyun walked to the living room with a big book in his hands.

 

Kyuhyun grinned widely. “A photo book,” he said and placed it on Hyukjae’s legs, taking out also a small bag with the printed pictures they had taken. “I already bought a Polaroid, so we’ll get to have the pictures instantly,” he said, grinning widely. “I think it’ll arrive tomorrow.”

 

Hyukjae laughed softly and reached for the small bag, taking out the picture to look at them carefully, groaning at some of them where it was embarrassing what he was doing. “Let’s paste them!” Hyukjae said, grinning widely.

 

Kyuhyun nodded. “That will be your job,” he said. “I’ll take them, you arrange all of this, I at it.”

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes and looked at the book. It wasn’t as big as he thought it was when it was in Kyuhyun’s hands and he opened it. The pages were brown, giving it a really nice vibe and the paper was stylish. “I’ll make sure to make it cute, then,” he said, looking at the empty pages and looking at how many they were. “So many pages…”

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll get to fill it all,” Kyuhyun said. “If it’s not enough, then I’ll buy another one, no problem.”

 

Hyukjae chuckled, a soft and gentle smile going up his lips. “Well… we have time,” he mumbled.

 

Kyuhyun hummed. “We have time,” he assured.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Kyuhyun didn’t bother in taking chairs upstairs and simply took a mat to lay on. He called for a pizza and brought everything upstairs as Hyukjae took some chocolates from his kitchen to eat together.

 

They went up and sat up on the mat, waiting for something to appear in the sky, eating the cheese pizza happily and telling jokes to kill time. “Oh look!” Kyuhyun suddenly pointed at the sky and Hyukjae turned towards the said direction, grinning widely when he saw a light cross quickly along the sky.

 

“Is that a meteor?” Hyukjae asked, paying attention to the sky.

 

“It is,” Kyuhyun chuckled and laid down, facing the sky and reaching Hyukjae’s shirt to pull him down by his side.

 

Hyukjae was amazed, at how beautiful the space looked. “It’s really pretty,” he commented as he tried to reach his hand up to catch one. “I want to touch it.”

 

“You’ll die if you ever touch it,” Kyuhyun chuckled, taking out his camera to take a picture of both of them, laying down the mat. “Smile,” he ordered and Hyukjae laughed softly.

 

“That’s what I’ve been doing lately,” Hyukjae said, grinning for the camera.

 

“Good boy,” Kyuhyun mocked.

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes. “Shut up.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly, reaching his hand to the side to pat Hyukjae’s head. “I think it’s over,” he said.

 

Hyukjae pouted. “When will we see another one?” He asked slightly disappointed.

 

“I highly doubt we can see another one,” Kyuhyun said chuckling standing up. “Come on, you look like you’re dying already, you need to sleep.”

 

Hyukjae closed his eyes, nodding as he reached his hands up. “My back hurts…,” he mumbled. “Please carry me to bed.”

 

“I think you’re enjoying this too much,” Kyuhyun shook his head, leaving everything aside to gently carry Hyukjae up. Is he lighter?

 

“I am, actually,” Hyukjae laughed softly, nodding for himself as he kept his eyes closed. “Hurry, slave, Your master is sleepy.”

 

“That’s because I have a lazy master,” Kyuhyun chuckled, walking towards the stairs already to take Hyukjae down his apartment.

 

It took Hyukjae merely twenty seconds to fall asleep, cuddling against his warm and cozy blankets.

 

“Sleep well, master,” Kyuhyun chuckled, caressing Hyukjae’s hair gently before going out his room.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“You have, what?” Kyuhyun asked again.

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes. “A charity event,” he said. “I donated money to the orphanage.”

 

Kyuhyun nodded, humming softly as he lay down Hyukjae’s already made bed, closing his eyes because he was slightly tired. “Alright, and tomorrow we’ll go out, so get your suitcase ready,” he warned, nodding for himself.

 

Kyuhyun stood quiet as Hyukjae hummed happily and combed his hair neatly. He had never met someone that would spend their money so carelessly like Hyukjae, and much less, stay away from work for so long. Maybe all rich people do that… He opened his eyes, sitting up on his elbows as he looked at Hyukjae carefully. He was thin and pale, too pretty for a male and too cute for an adult. His brown hair contrasted beautifully with his skin and his plump and red lips were quite the attraction of his face.

 

“Does this building allow you to have pets?” Kyuhyun suddenly asked and Hyukjae turned around, raising an eyebrow confused.

 

“Yeah, why?”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Oh my god! They’re all so cute!” Hyukjae squealed, looking how the dogs shook their tails happily after seeing him. “I want twenty of them!”

 

Kyuhyun gasped. “Ok, calm down there mr. dog, we only came to adopt one,” he reminded the other, making Hyukjae pout and glare at him.

 

Hyukjae sighed. He had always wanted to have a dog, and Kyuhyun brought him to the shelter and it was amazing, because Hyukjae really wanted to give one of those dogs a home, and take it out with them in their adventures. “This one’s cute,” Kyuhyun said as he played with a Golden Retriever, the dog pawing at his hands playfully.

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun and chuckled, taking out his cell phone to take a picture of the adorable scene. “I like it too,” he finally said as he squatted to also play with the dog. “Let’s take him home.”

 

Kyuhyun grinned widely and looked at Hyukjae. “I think he likes you,” he said. “But I bet he likes me even more.”

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes. “You wish, I’m the most likeable here.”

 

After a short argument of how Kyuhyun was even more likeable and how Hyukjae didn’t agree, the shelter’s owner went to them, asking if they found a dog that matched their likes.

 

“This one, what’s his name?” Kyuhyun asked, pointing at the dog that only looked up to him, as if listening to his words.

 

“He came here with a plate that said his name was… well… umm… duck…,” the man shuttered slightly.

 

Kyuhyun and Hyukjae blinked confused, looking at each other before looking down at the dog. “Duck?” Kyuhyun asked, raising an eyebrow when the dog barked. “That’s… interesting…”

 

“It’s cute,” Hyukjae decided, grinning widely. “Let’s take him home!”

 

It took him half an hour to arrange everything and as soon as Duck was free, he jumped towards Hyukjae, shaking his tail playfully. The dog was educated already and Kyuhyun liked the fact that it stayed in the back seat silently, only barking from time to time when Hyukjae turned around to play with it.

 

They didn’t go to Hyukjae’s house, because Kyuhyun had to take Hyukjae to his charity event. Duck followed them carefully, not going away for nothing and Kyuhyun chuckled, petting his head. “I’ll be right there,” Hyukjae said when they reached the event hall, pointing at the podium.”

 

Kyuhyun nodded. “Alright, we’ll wait here,” he said, sitting in one of the benches arranged in the place with Duck sitting by his side.

 

“I’ll be back soon, Duck,” Hyukjae greeted goodbye, grinning widely as he hugged the dog. “Stay with the slave, don’t let him run away.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed. “You’re so mean to me,” he said, feigning hurt.

 

“Be a good boy and take care of him, alright?” Hyukjae asked and looked up at Kyuhyun. “I was talking to you.”

 

Kyuhyun groaned. “Seriously-”

 

Hyukjae laughed. “I’ll be back in about an hour,” he announced.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Ready?” Kyuhyun asked as Hyukjae nodded determined, the dog sitting in the middle of the bathroom.

 

“Alright Duck, your time has come,” Hyukjae said, chuckling as he made the dog jump into the bathtub. “I think it’s going to be easy,” he commented.

 

And oh how he was wrong.

 

What they thought would be an easy task, became a war. Apparently, Duck didn’t like the water as much as they expected and while Kyuhyun tried to keep it still, Hyukjae tried to shower him, sometimes failing and soaking Kyuhyun and sometimes himself.

 

As soon as Kyuhyun had a little free time, he picked up his camera and took a picture of Hyukjae battling with the dog and he regretted it as soon as it threw his body towards him, attempting to play.

 

After what seemed to be hours of trying, they finally finished. The bathroom was made a mess but the dog was clean. “Take a shower while I dry it,” Kyuhyun said as they went out the small room, holding up a towel to start drying Duck carefully, hearing the stream of water while Hyukjae showered.

 

As soon as Hyukjae went out, Kyuhyun showered himself. He held the hair dryer and made sure Duck was left completely ready, sighing tiredly.

 

At the end, Kyuhyun, Hyukjae, and Duck, ended up exhausted, laying down comfortably on Hyukjae’s bed and falling asleep almost instantly, not caring about anything else.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•