Ch. [05]

After A Minute

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Name,” the man said with that voice that made Kyuhyun want to laugh or cry or flail, he didn’t know anymore.

 

“I’ve been here the last six days, the same hour, to the same apartment, I would think you know who am I already!” Kyuhyun complained, almost whining like a small kid.

 

The man looked at him lazily before asking again. “Name,” he said flatly.

 

Kyuhyun groaned in frustration. “Kyuhyun!” he exclaimed, wanting to look at the list and once again, as everyday he has been there, realizing he was the only one written down there.

 

“Kyuhyun what?”

 

“Ahhh!” Kyuhyun almost screamed in frustration, flailing his arms to the air. “Cho! Cho Kyuhyun!”

 

The man looked down to his list, not impressed by Kyuhyun’s sudden outburst. “Mr. Lee is waiting for you upstairs,” the man said, just as every day. “10th floor, apartment 2.”

 

Kyuhyun glared at the man, groaning lowly. “Thank you,” he said sarcastically but the man didn’t answer and just went back to his original position.

 

As soon as Kyuhyun went into the elevator, he started cursing lowly under his breath, fixing his nice suit and tie, glaring at the doors until they opened and he quickly went towards Hyukjae’s apartment, knocking softly as he waited for Hyukjae to open the door.

 

Hyukjae peeked from the door and smiled, letting him come in. “Kyuhyun, didn’t I give you my code before?” he asked as he walked to the living room, arranging some papers that he was studying at night.

 

Kyuhyun hummed and sprawled over the couch. “You did, but I still don’t feel like using it,” he said as he closed his eyes tiredly. “I don’t like the guy at the entrance.”

 

Hyukjae laughed softly, covering his mouth as he looked at Kyuhyun. “Why not? He’s really nice!”

 

“Not with me,” Kyuhyun complained, opening his eyes and standing up, looking around to walk to the kitchen. “He always asks my name and all that, he should already know I’ll be here every day.”

 

“Well, that’s his work, Kyuhyun, and no one in this building receives visit so basically, you’re the only job he has,” Hyukjae chuckled, walking to the kitchen to offer Kyuhyun something to eat. “You’ll get your suit dirty.”

 

“You asked me to come in a suit,” Kyuhyun said, sitting on the counter as Hyukjae took cereal and milk for him, as the day before. “And that doesn’t matter, we could have been great friends by now!”

 

Hyukjae laughed and shook his head. “Don’t be mean, he’s nice,” he repeated, pouting as he looked at Kyuhyun. “I don’t have anything to wear…”

 

Kyuhyun looked up at Hyukjae and raised an eyebrow, giving up on the man’s talk and eating his cereal slowly. “Are you kidding?” he asked. “You have a closet of the size of my living room.”

 

Hyukjae glared at Kyuhyun playfully. “But I don’t have anything to wear.”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “We can go and buy some clothes, then,” he proposed, eating comfortably. “You have way too much money, just buy stuff and enjoy them. And eat, you’re so skinny, if I didn’t know you I would say you’re sick or something.”

 

Hyukjae nodded, humming for himself. “That’s right, I should go buy something,” he grinned widely and flicked Kyuhyun’s forehead. “Shut up, my body is just like a model’s, you have no idea how many hit on me on a daily basis.”

 

Kyuhyun left his lip lift up in a devilish smirk. “I’ve been with you almost a week and I have seen no one hitting on you,” he said.

 

Hyukjae blushed slightly and looked around, clearing his throat. “You repel them…,” he excused himself, offering Kyuhyun some cookies. “Keep eating, you devil brat.”

 

The taller man chuckled and hummed, taking the cookies as he stood up and walked to Hyukjae, leaning closer to see his face clearly. “Well, a little make up and nice clothes would do the trick,” he said and the smaller rolled his eyes, pushing Kyuhyun away.

 

“Whatever, slave, come already so I can get my nice suit,” Hyukjae said, walking to the living room.

 

Kyuhyun laughed and hummed, leaving the empty plate in the sink before following Hyukjae, eating the cookies on his way. “Wasn’t I supposed to be your personal assistant?”

 

Hyukjae chuckled and grabbed his wallet, sticking everything into his bag as he pulled out his shades, turning to look at Kyuhyun with a grin. “Outdoors, you’re my personal assistant, as I introduce you to everyone, indoors, and when we’re alone, you’re my slave,” he nodded.

 

Kyuhyun smirked and leaned closer, making Hyukjae lean back slightly embarrassed. “Slave? I didn’t know you had such kinks, it’s a little interesting,” he whispered, making his voice purposely hoarse. “It’s also quite y.”

 

Hyukjae blushed deeply, quickly putting on his shades, pointing his finger accursedly at Kyuhyun. “Why did I even hire you? I didn’t know you were so mean!”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and motioned the door. “Because I’m handsome,” he said and grinned widely. “Let’s go, master, I’ll take you out to spend money on yourself.”

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes, even when Kyuhyun couldn’t see it. “I do like it when you call me master,” he said, nodding for himself as he walked to the door, Kyuhyun following close.

 

“See?” Kyuhyun asked as they finally stepped out. “.”

 

Hyukjae flailed his arms to the air and hit Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “Shut up, I’m not at all,” he said and went into the elevator, making Kyuhyun laugh loudly and follow him.

 

“Ah I see~ so you like it all classy and stuff?” Kyuhyun asked, smirking as he looked at Hyukjae. “I actually think you’re really , maybe you-”

 

“Yah!” Hyukjae hit his shoulder again. “Shut up, slave Kyuhyun, and carry me to your car, I’m tired.”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “How can you be tired when you just walked to the door and inside your own house?” he asked but carried Hyukjae anyways, sliding his hands along his back and the back of his knees to keep him up, chuckling because Hyukjae wasn’t heavy at all. “Wow, you weight much more of what I thought you would.”

 

Hyukjae pouted and held onto Kyuhyun’s shoulders to steady himself. “Shut up or I’ll make it harder for you,” he said as the doors of the elevator opened. “And for your information, I’m thinking on gaining weight so get ready for then.”

 

“I don’t think I’ll be able to carry you by then,” Kyuhyun chuckled, holding Hyukjae firmly as he walked out the elevator towards the door, sighing because he was about to reach the man whose name was still unknown.

 

“Mr. Lee?” The man called slightly confused and Kyuhyun smirked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Hey, Aaron, will you please open the door for my handsome personal assistant?” Hyukjae asked oh so sweetly and for a moment, Kyuhyun felt like swimming in the stairs, looking down at Hyukjae as the other smiled gently to the man who finally had a name.

 

“Of course, Mr. Lee,” Aaron said and quickly went to open the door for them, letting Kyuhyun pass with Hyukjae in his arms.

 

“Thank you~,” Hyukjae chanted softly and waved his hands to the man. “I’ll come back soon,” he announced and Kyuhyun chuckled as he didn’t say anything until they were steps away from the man.

 

“So I’m your handsome personal assistant, huh?” Kyuhyun asked, a slight smirk on his face as he looked down at Hyukjae and walked to his car. “I like that title.”

 

“I bet you do,” Hyukjae laughed and shook his head. “Don’t get too high on that, you’re still my slave Kyuhyun, nothing more.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed softly, shaking his head as he finally reached his car. “Alright, open the door, I don’t have three hands,” he said and Hyukjae rolled his eyes as he reached for the door and opened it, grinning as Kyuhyun carried him inside. “I can’t believe I’ve made it, I won’t make you mad anymore.”

 

Hyukjae pouted and took his shades off, glaring at Kyuhyun. “You’ll have to carry me again when we come home to get prepared, that’s what you get from teasing me,” he said and closed the door, making Kyuhyun back away quickly and let out an amused chuckle.

 

“Rick people,” Kyuhyun mumbled and shook his head as he walked to the other side of his car, jumping in and putting on his seat belt.

 

For the rest of the small trip, Kyuhyun discovered that teasing Hyukjae could be the best activity that he had found. He couldn’t get over how he would blush and feel flustered. Kyuhyun couldn’t stop laughing, it was nice to be that carefree with someone.

 

“Why do we need to look fancy?” Kyuhyun asked as Hyukjae chose a grey suit.

 

“Because we’re going to a brunch with an important man,” Hyukjae said and nodded. “You need to look handsome.”

 

“I look handsome in everything I wear,” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and looked as Hyukjae went to the changing room.

 

“I hate you because of that!” Hyukjae exclaimed from the changing room, making Kyuhyun laugh softly. “But I don’t care! I look nice too!”

 

“Yeah sure,” Kyuhyun chuckled. “And who’s that man?”

 

There were a few seconds of silence and Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow, not sure if Hyukjae heard his question or not. He opened his mouth again before closing it when Hyukjae went up. The suit was nice and fit. Hyukjae looked as indeed, a model. Not that Kyuhyun would admit it, actually. “Just… someone,” Hyukjae said. “You have to look as the most handsome man ever.”

 

“Don’t I, already?” Kyuhyun asked cockily. “And why? I’m just your personal assistant.”

 

“Because I want them to be jealous of my handsome personal assistant,” Hyukjae grinned widely, looking at himself in the mirror and tilting his head as he thought about the suit. “Do you like it?”

 

“You hired the right person, then,” Kyuhyun chuckles, running his fingers through his messy hair as he looked at Hyukjae. “I do.”

 

Hyukjae hummed and nodded. “I’ll take this, then. How long do we have to reach there?”

 

Kyuhyun looked at his watch and sighed. “An hour, exactly,” he said.

 

Hyukjae nodded again, turning towards Kyuhyun. “That means we have time for ice cream.”

 

Kyuhyun grinned. “Let me guess, strawberry ice cream.”

 

Hyukjae grinned wider. “YES!”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Ok, this is the plan,” Hyukjae explained as he his ice cream slowly. “You accompany me there, as if you were my boyfriend, then you ruffle my hair, make it look affectionate,” he gave a scolding look at Kyuhyun, as if warning him to do it alright. “Then you go and come back when I send you a text to do so.”

 

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. “Is it an ex or something?”

 

Hyukjae sighed and nodded, handing Kyuhyun his ice cream. “Eat it, I don’t want anymore,” he said and Kyuhyun groaned, taking the ice cream as he mumbled lowly under his breath. “No, but it’s better if he knows I’m with someone,” he nodded.

 

“I thought you never dated or anything, wow,” Kyuhyun feigned surprise, from both the ice creams. “You do know we gave an indirect kiss like this, right?” he asked, his own lips teasingly.

 

Hyukjae blushed. “Kyuhyun!” he scolded. “You have to look handsome, remember!”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “Fine, but how to look handsome when a certain someone wanted an ice cream and after two just said he didn’t want it anymore and now I have to eat two?”

 

“It’s your job to think about it,” Hyukjae chuckled and nodded, sighing deeply. “And hurry, it’s almost time.”

 

Kyuhyun sighed and nodded, after a few seconds, finishing both the ice creams, grinning widely because he didn’t stain his expensive suit. “Alright, let’s go.”

 

Hyukjae sighed softly and smiled, nodding. “Let’s go.”

 

Kyuhyun did as he was told, smiling tenderly to Hyukjae as the other blushed at his improvised words, not being able to scold him as he left him with another man. The man looked sad at the scene and Kyuhyun felt bad for making him like this. He would ask Hyukjae later what was going on.

 

When Kyuhyun went away and turned around just to take a quick glance, he noticed the man was crying, and that Hyukjae was making his best to not do the same.

 

It was then that Kyuhyun realized, he knew nothing about Hyukjae.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•