Chapter Three

A Confused Flower
XSYKOTICA
Chapter Three: Happy
 

Two months had passed since Suho first decided to visit the flower shop on 4th street. Suho and Tiffany’s first date went surprisingly well. She loved the bouquet Kyungsoo had arranged: a simple yet elegant piece of pink Stargazer lilies and blue iris. Her eyes lit up when she saw the gorgeous arrangement; Suho thought Kyungsoo did a damn good job picking those flowers out for her.

On the date, Tiffany and Suho shared stories about college and their similar hobbies while they dined on hot tom yam goong. They laughed a lot and the night seemed to finish a little too quickly. The hug Tiffany gave Suho as he dropped her off home made him feel warm inside. The warmness he felt troubled him a little, but he liked it nonetheless.

The two had a few more dates in the last two months and Suho grew to find that he liked Tiffany a lot. He enjoyed her company and holding her hand as she went on about her day to him. He,oddly enough, even liked the small cheek kisses she gave him after their dates.

However, all of that meant almost nothing when Suho met eyes with the boy behind the counter of the flower shop for a second time.

Kyungsoo looked up from the flower arrangement he was working on to see a familiar face. His eyes widened at the view of the prince who had decided to grace his family's flower shop once more.

“Hey,” Kyungsoo’s heart shaped smile greeted him. He was surprised to see Suho again.

“Hi.” Suho smiled back. His hair had grown longer since the last time he stepped into the flower shop. It made him look even more prince-like and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but notice.

Kyungsoo would be lying if he said he hadn’t thought about Suho since he met him two months ago. Even though being in a relationship with such a beautiful man was out of the question, (since he was seeing someone) Kyungsoo had found himself fantasizing about a certain pair of soft, rosy lips more than once.

“I’m guessing your date went well?” Kyungsoo said abandoning the arrangement to rest his elbows on the counter playfully.

Suho laughed lightly, “Yea, she really liked the bouquet you made.”

“I’m glad.” Kyungsoo said, even though a small part of him really wasn’t. Suho was exceptionally handsome and seemed like a genuinely sweet guy. It was unfortunate that Kyungsoo could never have him as his own. Kyungsoo saw many handsome men come into the shop and met a lot of sweet guys at school. However, Suho was different: Suho caught Kyungsoo’s eye when others couldn’t. The younger man wasn’t picky or anything, he just didn’t develop feelings for people as easily as others did. Kyungsoo felt an attraction to Suho almost immediately, which was quite unusual for him.

“You wouldn’t mind making another one would you?” Suho said a bit nervously, “I mean…the first one you made was really beautiful…It’s okay if you don-, well I mean....” He continued to fumble over his words. He held a hand against the back of his neck as the sentences he spoke became more and more incoherent.

Kyungsoo chuckled and smiled with amused eyes. “Don’t worry about it. I’ll make another one for you no problem.”

Suho’s shoulders visibly relaxed and he slid his hand down from his neck. “Thank you.” He sighed.

Kyungsoo laughed again, “Well it is my job after all.”

“R-right.” Suho said. Kyungsoo noticed the soft red tone in his cheeks. He giggled to himself as he disappeared into to the back of the shop to get bouquet paper.

Despite Kyungsoo's bright expression, he was actually a little upset. Flower arranging wasn’t his favorite thing to do, even though he was quite good at it, but it became even more unpleasant when he had to arrange flowers for someone he liked and who was just going to give his work to someone else. He bit his lip harshly as he looked through the assortment of bouquet papers.  Obviously this man wasn’t interested in him and there was no point in pursuing someone who didn't feel anything towards him. He sighed. Kyungsoo was a realist. He could get over a silly crush quickly if he wanted to.

That was it though; he didn’t want to get over it. Kyungsoo bit his lip harder.

“Your name was ‘Suho’, right?” Kyungsoo called out from the back room.

“Yea, Kim Suho.” he heard the man’s voice faintly.

“Kim Suho,” Kyungsoo called out.

“Uh huh?”

“Anything special you want to say with this one? This bouquet?” He knew he shouldn't have asked the question since he knew the answer would just make him even more upset, but Kyungsoo didn't care, he wanted to know. He could hear his heart beat in his ears and his teeth dug into his bottom lip even more as he waited for an answer. He was surprised he hadn’t bled yet. Kyungsoo didn’t hear Suho say anything for what felt like ages.

“K-kyungsoo?” Suho called out.

Kyungsoo removed himself from the back room at the call of his name. He held three different designs of bouquet paper to his chest. “Y-yes?”

Suho smiled sweetly. “I, uh, I want to say,” he looked down shyly but quickly brought his gaze up to meet Kyungsoo’s “I’m happy I met you.”

Kyungsoo’s cheeks singed ferociously. He knew what Suho was saying wasn't meant for him, but at the same time it felt like it was. Kyungsoo was over thinking things. Maybe. He gulped to help his now dry throat. “T-that’s what you want the bouquet to say?” he said noticing that he sounded more shy than he ever did. 

Suho nodded approvingly. He still wore a sweet smile.

The younger man grinned to himself seeing such a lovely face smile at him, “Alright then. I know exactly what flowers to convey that message with.” He put the papers down and strolled toward the single flowers. 

Kyungsoo ended up arranging a colorful bouquet of lavender butterfly aster, yellow & lavender poms, hot pink & orange mini carnations and orange standard carnations. It was bursting with life and smelled wonderful.

"It's great. I really like it." Suho said taking in the bouquets scent.

"I hope it gets the message across." Kyungsoo adjusted the flowers' placement a bit.

Suho looked at Kyungsoo affectionately, "I think it did." he said softly.

Kyungsoo stiffened, "Ha, you think so?" 

Suho shed a tiny smile, "Yea." he had an obvious flush to his face. Kyungsoo only stared at him bewildered. "Well, I guess I should get going." the nervous hand was back at his neck.

The older man gently took the bouquet and headed for the door, "Thanks again." he said, "I, I appreciate it. The bouquets you make really are beautiful." he then turned to leave.

Kyungsoo watched him walk away but before he could step out of the door he spoke. "Good luck!" he called out to him. He thought it was a lame thing to say, but he felt like he had to say something.

Suho turned again. "Thank you." he smiled and then disappeared. 

Kyungsoo stood alone in the flower shop. He sighed. The room was as empty as he felt.

I don't know where I'm going with this story you guys. Do you like it so far? Was this chapter weird?? Too short? I think I'm going to pick up the pace next chapter and have some real SuDO moments come in. Thanks for reading!!