Chapter Two

A Confused Flower
XSYKOTICA
Chapter Two: Nice to Meet You
              Suho had just gotten off the phone with Tiffany, the girl who had been practically begging him to take her out for coffee, lunch, the movies, anything for the past few months. Tiffany attended the same university as Suho and they were well acquainted. Fanny was smart, and nice and not to mention beautiful, but Suho just didn't feel that way about her.

                In fact, Suho didn't seem to feel that way about anyone. For the past 4 years Suho hadn't felt butterflies in his stomach for anybody. Nor had he felt giddy about meeting up with any particular person.

                Ever since he lost his ity to his high school sweetheart at 17, he'd been completely mortified about relationships and being intimate. The whole ual event confused the out of him. Having with her felt so wrong but, he never actually caught himself having ual desires towards other guys. So he didn’t really know where he stood when it came to love and .

                He broke it off with his old sweetheart a week after having and with no explanation as to why he did it. Since Suho ended up looking like a jerk by ending it the way he did, the majority of girls he knew strayed away from him for the last years of high school. Not that he even cared.

                Tiffany had called him that day to "subtly" hint that she was dying to try the food at the new Thai restaurant downtown and that she hadn't been treated to a good meal in weeks. Suho felt so bad that such a beautiful and sweet girl was practically throwing herself at him and yet, as amazing as she was, he couldn't feel a thing for her.

                 So when she called that particularly humid morning, he finally made a decision: He'll give Tiffany what she wanted and he'll do it the way she would want it. He did like Tiffany's company a lot and they were friends, so spending this time with her wouldn't be terrible or anything. And who knows? Suho thought. Maybe today things will be different.

                 Suho drove his car to a flower shop he knew was nearby but had never entered. He had no clue what types of flowers Tiffany would like but, he was sure she would love to see him arrive with a bouquet. It would be a nice gesture. Suho walked into the shop and was immediately hit with the sweet fragrance of the room. He basked in the essence of the fresh sflowers as the boy at the back of the shop turned to greet him.

                  "Good morning, how can I..." the boy coughed and then continued. ”How can I help you?" he smiled.  Suho quickly noticed how the boy's smile was shaped like a wide heart. He thought it odd that something like that had caught his attention but then he fully took in the image of the employee who had greeted him.

                   Suho was taken aback a bit. When he noticed the young smiling boy with big brown eyes he felt his face flush. He had no idea why. He laughed it off, however, and asked for help to pick out a bouquet. The young worker seemed eager to help as he led Suho to some flower arrangements at the corner of the shop.

                   Suho couldn't stop staring at the boy. The view of his full lips, dark eyes and smooth porcelain skin made Suho's knees feel unusually weak and every time the of two of them met gazes he felt a tiny surge in his body.

                   "A girl huh?" the flower boy smirked and looked up at Suho from the arrangements. He was smoothing a few petals of a Narcissus bouquet that sat on display. Suho watched his delicate fingers gently caress the flower and, for some reason, wondered how soft the boy’s hands might be. "Do you think she'd like any of these?" the young man gestured with his free hand to the well-arranged bouquets sitting beside him.

                    Suho had no idea. He almost didn't even want to think about Tiffany when such a handsome individual was in front of him. He looked the employee up and down noting his cute physique and the dumb smiling sun on his apron. Suho laughed internally at how ridiculous of a smile it wore. He then noticed the laminated name tag on the boy's chest.

                    "Kyung-soo?" the name fell from Suho's lips like thick honey, slow and with a sweet tone. Kyungsoo's hand jerked a bit as he stopped the soft flower petals. He looked up at Suho with wide eyes and his lips slightly parted. The sound of his name uttered by an unfamiliar voice obviously had surprised him a little. Suho laughed nervously, " I uh...I don't think she'd like any of these."

                     The boy's shocked expression faded and he smirked again. He swiftly looked down and adjusted his name tag with one hand.  He looked up again and met eyes with Suho, unknowingly sending electricity through the older man's spine.

                     "Well, you can choose some individual flowers that you think she would like and I can arrange them for you." Kyungsoo smiled enthusiastically, "What's her favorite color?"

                      Suho cocked his head back and brought his hand to the back of his neck again. "Ya know, I'm not sure." another nervous laugh escaped him. His eyes reverted once again into their half-moon shape.

                       Kyungsoo crossed his arms playfully and huffed. "Oh c'mon, does this girl even exist?" He teased. Suho laughed tensely and rubbed his neck some more. Kyungsoo walked toward the back of the shop leaving Suho by the arrangements. “Just choose some flowers while I get some things ready." he called and then disappeared behind a back door.

                       Suho sighed, What am I even doing? He strolled mindlessly past an assortment of flowers: Roses, peony, carnations, and poinsettia. All pretty, but Suho couldn’t bring himself to choose any for his date. He thought the longer he stayed at the flower shop, the longer he would be keeping Tiffany waiting but also, the longer he would spend time with the flower boy.

                       He continued to look through the array of flowers, all the different colors, shapes and scents. Suho the petals of a few timidly. Why are there so damn many? This shouldn't be difficult at all. Suho became restless and took an exasperated sigh.

                       "Having trouble?" a winsome voice from behind him said. He turned around to see Kyungsoo smiling just as merrily as before. Suho had to fight the urge to reach out his hand and feel the softness of the boy's cheek. Suho didn’t even know this boy but, seeing his smiling face and bright eyes made Suho feel a bit…mesmerized? It was as if Suho had never seen someone so captivating before in his life and he wanted to cherish the boy’s beauty for as long as possible.

                        Suho grabbed the back of his neck nervously again and chuckled, "I just...don't know anything about flowers." he admitted.

                        Kyungsoo pursed his lips and laughed, "Honestly," he giggled "I don't think anyone who walks in here does. It's no big deal." Suho's nervousness eased at Kyungsoo's words.

                       "So tell me." Kyungsoo said walking towards the single flowers, "I need to know what you want this bouquet to mean. What are you trying to say with these flowers? A florist needs this sort of info to be able to make the bouquet as unique and beautiful as possible." He smirked.

                        Suho looked at the smiling boy in front of him with the jet black hair and shining round eyes. "I want to say," Suho bit his bottom lip anxiously. He looked at Kyungsoo again who still wore a bright expression. Suho felt his face flush. “I want to get to know you better.”

                        There was a short silence between both young men. Suho’s face was burning and he had no idea why.

                        “Perfect,” Kyungsoo said breaking the silence with a smile, “I’ll fix something up for you.” He turned his back to Suho and gathered an array of different flowers.

                         Suho stared at the nape of Kyungsoo’s smooth neck and noticed a small freckle. He put a cold palm against his heated cheek.

                         “Hey,” Kyungsoo called out still gathering flowers with his back turned, “I don’t think I ever got your name.”

                          A surge of nerves hit Suho’s heart. “It’s..uh..Suho.” He said timidly.

                          Kyungsoo bit his lip and smiled to himself. “Nice to meet you, 'uh Suho'.” He said turning his head and shooting Suho a quick heart shaped grin.

                          The corners of Suho’s lips turned up. “Nice to meet you too.”

It was Tiffany! Honestly, I have no clue why I chose her for Suho(Maybe cause she's cute?). I wrote these first two chapters a really long time ago. I don't really ship those Suho and Fanny.^^; Alright guys, now I'm going to start the slow updates because these last two chapters I had already written before publishing the story, so it's free sailing now. Hope you guys like it so far! 4/1/14