Chapter One

A Confused Flower
XSYKOTICA
Chapter One: How can I help you?
                 It was a warm, humid morning in the city when Kyungsoo was just opening up the flower shop on 3rd street where he worked. The shop let out its enticing aroma as soon as he swung the front door open. The chime of the little gold bell on the door drew out while Kyungsoo inhaled the sweet notes of Gardenias, Jasmine and Lavender. All the lush scents of the flowers on display created a pungent essence that Kyungsoo loved in the morning but induced headaches in the afternoon.

                Kyungsoo didn’t really have an affinity for flowers; his grandparents owned the flower shop and, since he was the youngest, he was the prime candidate to take on a job there and help out. He didn’t mind it though. He wasn’t paid as much as a regular employee, but the extra cash he earned was more than enough to pay for the nights out with his friends.

                The young man was wearing his usual black and white sneakers, blue denim jeans, baby blue t-shirt and bright yellow apron that were protocol to the job. The yellow apron though was adorned with a big, fat, orange sun that Kyungsoo absolutely hated. This wasn’t to say that he didn’t enjoy the sunshine or anything like that. The outlandish smile the damn thing wore just annoyed him.

                The flower shop was quite small and didn’t receive much business, unless holiday’s like Mother’s Day and Valentine’s Day were around the corner. So on most days when Kyungsoo worked at the shop he was working on his own, since not too many hands were needed. He liked it better that way to be honest.

                Three hours after opening time had passed, Kyungsoo was singing to the R&B songs playing throughout the shop as he cut the stems of a few lilies before setting them gently inside a tall vase. Once he sat the vase down by the other arrangements, he heard the pretty chime of the front door behind him. He put on a faux smile before turning around to greet the customer.

                “Good morning, how can I…” Kyungsoo trailed off and his smile melted into a look of awe as he met eyes with the handsome young man who had just walked into the shop.

                The boy was around the same height as Kyungsoo but with a more mature looking face. His full cheeks and innocent eyes, however, gave away that he couldn’t have been too much older. He had a light brown fringe that hung delicately across his eyebrows to frame his prince-like face and he wore a form fitting button down shirt tucked into tight hugging jeans.

                Kyungsoo cleared his throat and quickly recovered his smile. This time it was sincere.

                “How can I help you?” Kyungsoo said with a voice as sweet as the scent in the room.

                The boy smiled back and his eyes turned into cute half-moon slits. His smile was radiant and made Kyungsoo’s cheeks slightly singe.

                “I need help finding a bouquet.” The prince said with a nervous laugh and a hand touching the back of his neck.

                “Oh? Well then you came to the right place.” Kyungsoo smirked, “What’s the bouquet for if you don’t mind me asking?" He said walking to the corner of the shop where they kept their pre-arranged bouquets. They were all sitting pretty behind two sliding windows.

                 The boy followed a few steps behind explaining, “Well, they’re for someone special…”

                 Kyungsoo slid the window for a closer view of the bouquets. He felt his stomach drop a little hearing that the handsome young man already had someone. He hummed for the boy to go on.

                 “I’m buying this bouquet for a girl, a girl I like.” he concluded.

                  Kyungsoo’s stomach fell to the floor. A girl?

Who could the mysterious girl be guys? (Psst she's a fellow SM idol & she speaks English.) Teehee^^ I hope you guys like it so far!  3/31/14