Chapter 5

Friendship or Love?

“Thank you team, there will be a match against the boys’ team tomorrow afternoon. Please remember to bring you match kit. Alright, you may be dismissed.” Mrs. Smith said kindly. “You’re amazing. Why don't you just become a professional basketball player?” Selina sighed. “I think there are still a lot of things which I need to learn. You’re also really good?” Ailee laughed. “Ailee!” Yifan called out. “Ew, why is Yifan talking to her?” People whispered and looked at Ailee weirdly. “Heard that there’s a match tomorrow against you guys. Really looking forward to it.” Yifan smiled. Ailee could feel the people staring, “me too, I’m also looking forward to it.” Ailee tried her best to smile. “I hope you don’t kick our team’s .” Chanyeol laughed. “We’ve practiced like mad today, do you think they will?” Yixing said coldly. “Yixing ah, you’re too depressed.” Yifan laughed.

Yifan knew that Yixing was putting on another invisible protection layer again; he thought he has changed… but, he was completely wrong. “So, where must I meet you guys when I have finished changing?” Ailee asked carefully. “Um… we will be outside your change room waiting for you. IF! The girls don’t harass us.” Yifan laughed and winked at Ailee. “You flirting machine, let’s go.” Yixing said and pulled Yifan. “Who are they?” Selina asked confusingly. “Gosh, you’re still here? Gave me such a fright.” Ailee said looking shocked. “Sorry, but who are they?” Selina shrugged. “My brother’s friends, they also in my class. The tall one with blonde hair is Yifan, and the other one is Yixing.” Ailee explained and walked into the change room. “Ohh…” Selina smiled and followed Ailee.

Yifan’s P.O.V

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Ailee is really good at basketball; I think I’ve finally met a girl different from the others. Yixing doing his special protecting himself thing again… I wonder if it’s because of Ailee. Sometimes I really don’t understand Yixing; he’s just really worrying me about the way he’s acting. Hope he plays well at the match tomorrow. I’m actually really excited for the match against them. There’s something about Ailee that’s so different about the other girls, she’s got some special power that makes you want to know her and protect her even more. Guess I have to talk to Baekhyun tomorrow about Ailee, only if he does want to give me some information. I wonder if Yixing likes Ailee, maybe that’s why he is acting like that.

 Yifan thinking of Ailee.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ailee got out of the change room quickly enough that Yifan and Yixing was pretty surprised.

“Well, someone changes really quickly. Glad that we weren’t gossiping about you.” Yifan smirked and offered to hold Ailee’s bag. “It’s a usual routine if you don’t want to get caught in the morning practicing basketball at school.” Ailee smiled and gave her bag gently to Yifan. “You cooking and doing the dishes tonight remember?” Yixing asked Yifan. “Today? I thought I was doing it tomorrow?” Yifan looked at Yixing confusingly. “Do you really think you will cook and do the dishes tomorrow night? You will probably fall asleep before supper is even ready.” Yixing said sarcastically. “Don’t you just love me so much?” Yifan laughed and pat Yixing on the head. “Don’t touch me; you’re too sweaty and smelly.” Yixing pushed Yifan away. “Who’s being a drama queen now?” Yifan laughed and hugged Yixing tightly. While Yixing struggle to push Yifan away, they noticed that Ailee wasn’t following behind them. “Where did she go?” Yixing looked around and Yifan let go of him. “If you don't know, why do you expect me to know?” Yifan laughed and spot Ailee not faraway looking in a box touching something. “Ailee! What are you doing?” Yifan called out and ran to Ailee. “There’s a puppy here, he doesn’t look well at all.” Ailee said and Yifan crouched down next to her holding the puppy. “It’s adorable; I wonder why no one wants to adopt it…” Yifan asked feeling really sorry for the puppy. “My mom is allergic to dog fur… I don't think I can keep it.” Ailee said sadly. “Yixing, can we keep this puppy?” Yifan asked looking up at Yixing sadly. “Um…” Yixing didn’t know what to say. “Please…” Yifan begged again. “Fine, but you taking care of him, and we can’t keep him for too long. The owner of our house is going to complain.” Yixing sighed. Ailee and Yifan high-fived each other. “What should we name him?” Ailee smiled. “What about we name him Exo?” Yixing offered. “Naming a dog after our school? No wonder you first in the grade.” Yifan shook his head. Ailee was quite surprised to hear Yixing was first in the grade… She wondered what Yifan was. “Max? Or Buddy?” Ailee asked. “Buddy sounds like a good name!” Yifan smiled. “Should we go and buy milk or dog food?” Yixing asked curiously. “Let’s take Ailee home first and then go buy the food. I’m sure Ailee’s mom is getting a bit anxious now.” Yifan looked at Ailee. “It’s fine. She wouldn’t mind, and plus there’s quite a lot of things you guys need to buy. So I can at least help and carry some things?” Ailee offered. “That’s what I really like about you. You don’t think like normal girls do.” Yifan smiled. Ailee could feel herself blushing. “So what are you guys waiting for? Let’s go!” Ailee smiled.

 Ailee smiling :).

 

 

 

 

- I've been quite busy, sorry for posting only a little bit :(. Hope you guys like it!