Chapter 4.

Friendship or Love?

*Bell for lesson 6 rings.*

(Home time)

 

"Thank you class, please help Ailee if she has any queries or need to go somewhere in school which she’s not familiar with. Yifan, Yixing and Kyung Soo I’m leaving you 3 in charge of looking after her. See you at training later Ailee.” Miss. Smith said kindly walked out of the classroom. Everyone stood up and gathered by Ailee’s desk. “Do you have a boyfriend?” Jong In grinned. “Uh… no...” Ailee stuttered. “You have no chance Jong In, I will kill you if you touch my sister.” Baekhyun warned Jongin. “When is your birthday?” Luhan asked sweetly. “30 May.” Ailee replied wondering when they are going to leave her alone. “We must all get her a gift.” Sehun announced. “What is your favorite basketball team?” Jong Dae asked. “Um… Lakers.” Ailee answered.

“Me too!” Zitao smiled. “Alright everyone, questioning and harassing time is over.” Yifan laughed and pushed everyone outside the door. “See you at basketball!” Chanyeol screamed outside the door while Yifan threw his crutches to him. “How the hell are you going to play basketball with one leg?” Yixing asked. “I’m just watching today.” Chanyeol laughed and left the corridor with the sound of his crutches hitting the ground every step he took. “There’s basketball today?” Ailee asked confusingly. “Yeah, are you coming?” Kyungsoo smiled. “I think I am, but I need to phone my mom and tell her about it.” Ailee said while looking for her phone in her bag. “Where do you live?” Yifan asked. “Um…” Ailee kept quiet not knowing what to say. “Don’t worry, I won’t stalk you or anything.” Yifan laughed while Yixing started coughing at the back.

 Yifan laughing.

 

“Yeah, sure.” Yixing looked at Yifan sarcastically. “6 Richmond road.” Ailee replied quickly. “Yixing and I live close to you then, maybe you can tell your mom that we can walk you home so she doesn't need to come and fetch you.” Yifan offered kindly. “Thanks.” Ailee smiled and dialed her mom’s number on her phone.

 

Ailee’s P.O.V

I called my mom on my phone. “Hey mom, there basketball training after school.” I said quietly. “Well, what time must I come and fetch you?” she asked. “Um… it’s fine. I can walk home with Baek’s friends.” I answered feeling awkward saying my brother’s nickname out loud. “Are you sure?” She asked sounding really worried. “Yeah, it’s fine.” I replied. “Okay then. See you at home.” She sighed still sounding really worried. “Don’t worry mom, I will be fine.” I smiled. “Have fun at basketball practice.” She said, sounding a bit less worried. “Thanks mom, see you later.” I said while Yifan sat down next to me.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“What did your mom say?” Yifan asked and fiddled with his tie. “She said I can go to training and its fine for you guys to walk me home.” Ailee smiled. “Well, what are you waiting for then? Let’s go!” Yifan said as he took Ailee’s bag and picked up his own bag by his desk. “Why are you being so kind today?” Yixing asked curiously. “I’m always kind!” Yifan laughed. “Thank you.” Ailee said to Yifan. “Pleasure.” He smiled as he puts his arm around Ailee. “Basketball practice starts in 10 minutes. Remember what coach did to you last time you were late?” Yixing warned Yifan. “10 minutes?” Yifan asked sounding shocked. “Yeah, 10 minutes.” Yixing said. Yifan grabbed Ailee’s hand and started running to the basketball court and with all four of them laughing as they arrived. “Running in the corridor?” Chanyeol gasped as he saw them huffing and puffing. “Yeah… run...ning...” Kyungsoo stuttered trying to catch his breath. “Rebels.” Chanyeol laughed. “The girls change room is on the right hand side.” Yifan smiled and handed Ailee’s bag to her. “Thank you. Is there a proper school basketball team shirt?” Ailee asked wondering if she had to wear her own. “Why do you always say thank you?” Yifan laughed. “It’s a sign of respect?” Ailee smiled. “We do have our own, but I’m not sure for the girls though…” Yifan scratched his head. “Aileeeee!” Selina screamed and waved at her. “Who is she?” Yifan asked curiously pointing at Selina. “Yifan, stop pointing at her.” Yixing hissed. “Oh, sorry.” Yifan shrugged and quickly put his hand down. “She’s Selina. Class 11B, met her this morning.” Ailee laughed. “Woah, that was a long run.” Selina smiled as she handed Ailee her basketball uniform. “You play basketball too?” Ailee asked well looking at her basketball. “Yep, and you better change now. Coach Smith is giving you 5 minutes to get ready. “Oh. See you after practice.” Ailee smiled and turned around. “You left your trainers!” Yifan screamed out and ran after Ailee with her trainers. “Thank you, I’m so forgetful.” Ailee laughed. “Stop saying thank you!” Yifan laughed. “I will try.” Ailee smiled and took her trainers. “Have fun at practice.” Yifan smiled and winked at Ailee. “Yifan! Stop flirting before coach asks you to clean the showers again.” Yixing screamed. “Shut up Yixing, I’m coming now!” Yifan said as he turned around running towards Yixing and Kyungsoo.

 

*Water break.*

“You are so good at basketball.” Yifan said as he tapped Ailee on the head softly. “Than… You are really good too.” Ailee smiled while she remembered not to say thank you. “Good girl, see you after practice.” Yifan laughed and ran back to his court.

 

*Practice ends.*