Nine New Friends

Hybrid Sanctuary

"I want to purchase ALL of your hybrids." The shop owner stared at me incredulously, as if I had just spoken to him in a foreign language. "Wha? ALL of my hybrids?" Ignoring his confusion and disbelief, I continued on with my proposal. "I'll pay a million for the whole group" I continued in a business-like manner, thoroughly enjoying the look of utter shock that came over the tubby owner's face. "A million DOLLARS?!" he wheezed, jaw practically hitting the floor as he clutched the counter to hold himself up. "That's right, unless you want pennies..." "NO! I prefer dollars" he yelped, eyes popping out of his head in excitement. Something tells me, no matter what kind of pets he carries in his shop, he doesn't usually make a lot of money, 'cause he looks completely overwhelmed. Suddenly, a sly grin settles on his face as he leans over the counter into my bubble space. "Are you sure? $1 million seems a little... low. I mean you ARE purchasing NINE of my finest hybrids. Not to mention about half of them are exotic, which means they are of more value." Psh, does he think I'm stupid? "Listen her you little sleaze, you and I both know my offer isn't LOW. If you add up all their listed prices, it'd only cost me $300,000 to own them all. I think my offer was VERY generous, but if you don't want to accept, I'll find someone who will." Turning from the counter, I began slowly walking towards the the door. Just as I was about to grab the door handle, he caved. "WAIT! Okay, you got me!! I accept your offer" the owner mumbled begrudgingly. Smiling slyly, I turned towards the tubby man, "good" I purred in satisfaction. Running out to my car, I grabbed my purse and a blanket. It's a good thing I carry this old thing around during the cold weather season! It'll be perfect for Kris, to tide him over until I can move him into my house... Shuffling back to the counter, I paid the sleaze and filled out the necessary paperwork. Not even ten minutes later, I was the owner of a group of ragged looking hybrids. Packing my belonging back into my purse, I pivoted around to start the journey back to my furry companions, however, the voice of the owner made me pause mid-step. "Just curious, why exactly DID you pay double?" "While I'm preparing their rooms, they'll be staying here. I paid double to ensure they'll be protected until I come to retrieve them. Not a hair on their heads is to be harmed and if you dare try to sell them for a higher price, I WILL kill you. I have enough money to make the courts turn a blind eye to your death, so tread carefully." With that said, I continued my walk back to the hybrids holding cell. When I arrived, I couldn't help but notice that Kyungsoo was looking at the ground in dejection. Did he think I left him?! That'd be too cruel!! Clearing my throat loudly, I waited 'til everyone's attention was on me. Each of them watched me in wary anticipation, bodies tensed in preparation for what I was about to say (except Kris of course). "Hello everyone! My name is Ria and I'm your new owner!"
 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo's POV
 
 
I think I saw an angel..... She asked me if I wanted to go home with her... What a nice dream............. NO! Wait, this is real! There's no way I'd be dreaming of something so wonderful in this prison. Unable to speak through my excitement, I just nodded vigorously. Wow, even her giggle is angelic and her hand feels so gentle against my head. I hope this mysterious lady does decide to purchase me. I watched in wary fascination as she approached all the other hybrids. She didn't say anything, just looked and moved on. Things are starting to look up for me! She made it all the way to the last cage without showing any interest in the other hybrids. Suddenly, to my horror, she gasped in shock and moved closer to the last cage. Kris I think... She stood outside his cage for a bit before turning and walking back down the corridor. I knew it was too good to be true! I bet she's off to buy Kris right now. Why did I think I even had a chance over the other hybrids? She was bound to choose someone else, since they're all better than me. *Whimper* Looks like I'm going to be stuck here. I wonder if anyone will ever want me... Staring at the ground in depression, I tried to fight back my tears. It was a battle I was quickly losing as I felt the first tear roll down my cheek. Out of nowhere, the sound of someone clearing their throat could be heard. Hastily wiping away my tears, I anxiously looked towards the doorway only to find the angel-lady standing there. Hmph, must be here to announce her purchase of the lizard... "Hello everyone! My name is Ria and I'm your new owner!" WHAT?! Everyone?! She's gonna take us all?! From all around the room, gasps of surprise from the other hybrids could be heard. "You'll all be coming home with me as soon as I finish preparing your rooms." Wha- she's really keeping us all! I'm finally getting out of here!! "Now" she said as she pulled a notebook and pen from her purse, "in order for me to prepare the rooms, I need an idea of what you guys want them to be like. I'll start with you Kyungsoo, how do you want your room to be?" My room? But...then I'll be lonely. I wanna stay with Ria Angel! But will she allow that? "I-I don't... want a room" I stated hesitantly, "I wanna stay with you." Ria Angel glanced at me in shock and then proceeded to cross my name off her list. NO! Does that mean she's not gonna keep me?! Before I could change my answer, she had moved on to the next hybrid. Me and my big mouth! Just blew my chance to be with someone who might actually care about me! Now I'll be stuck here, all alone...

 

Could you imagine adopting that many hybrids? XD Honestly, I probably would've done that (which is why I wrote it :D)! Ria better be prepared for one hectic life XD Subscribe to keep up on this adventure and comment! Tell me what ya'll think ;P Oh, and the next chapter will be longer!!!