It's Your Birthday?!?!

Hybrid Sanctuary

"IS EVERYONE PROPERLY CLOTHED?" I bellowed in order to make sure I was heard all around the house. "YES!" several people shouted back from various locations in the house. "THAT MEANS PANTS KAI!!" For some reason, at nap time yesterday, Kai decided he wanted to sleep pantless. Now, normally I wouldn't be bothered by this, I know quite a few males who sleep in boxers. The problem was he wholeheartedly REFUSED to put them back on after I woke him up for supper. I had to spend the rest of my evening seeing a half- Kai strut around my house... It doesn't help that his boxers were a tad too small and his shirt was VERY tight... Yep, definitely time to go clothes shopping! "I'LL BE WAITING IN THE CAR!!" With that said, I grabbed my keys off the kitchen counter and headed to my van. Hmm... At some point I REALLY need to remember to purchase a bigger vehicle. At least I had this clunker! I couldn't imagine having to fit all those guys in my car!... Brr!! It's chilly! Gotta make sure I buy them some winter appropriate clothes while we're out. It may be warm enough for shorts inside, but it's freezing out here (I have a feeling Kai will pick out shorts). While waiting for everyone to join me in the van, I flipped through the photos I took last night. Whoever came up with nap time is brilliant! As I was waking each of my furry friends up for supper, I was able to snap a pic of their adorable sleeping faces. Even Kai, who's done nothing but drive me insane, made me squeal like an idiot when I saw him dozing. I think I'll develop this photos while we're out today, so I can hang them around my room and stare at them everyday! "What are you looking at?" a voice asked next to my ear. Snapping my phone shut, I quickly twisted around to ind everyone sitting calmly in the van...staring at me. When did they get here? I didn't even hear them!! "Nothing! You all ready to go?" I changed the subject, hoping they'd take the bait. "YEAH!!" Baekhyun shouted, bouncing in his seat excitedly. Haha, so cute....
 
             Throughout the whole journey, Baekhyun wouldn't sit still. He kept climbing all over the others in order to look out the windows, gaping in awe at just about everything he saw. Whenever he was shoved into his seat, he'd stay there bouncing enthusiastically for a few before he was on the move again. By the time we reached the mall, the excited little kitty had annoyed everyone sitting in the back. I bet they're all sporting lovely bruises...  "Viola! We have arrived" I dramatically gestured to the humongous shopping complex. I swear, as soon as those words left my mouth, Baekhyun was already standing outside of the car. He scrambled over everyone else in the car like they weren't even there, causing major damage with his flying elbows and legs. I CRINGED when I saw him smash Kai in the nose, the resounding 'crunch' setting my teeth on grind. Luckily, Kai just looked like he was in extreme pain from the hit and not anything actually breaking. Wait a minute.... "KAI!!" Trying, ineffectively, to rub the pain in his face away, Kai turned to glare my way. "Whaaattt?" he whined in frustration, "it's not my fault! That idiot hit ME! I didn't antagonize him, I swear!" "That's not what I'm yelling about!!" I screeched, face palming. "It's not?" I could practically see the steam coming off his head as he racked through his brain, trying desperately to figure out why I'm upset with him. "Kai, where are you pants? Didn't I specifically tell you before we left to PUT ON PANTS!" "But I didn't want to! They're were too small and uncomfortable. Just be happy I didn't strip off those stupid little undies too." Arg! Unbelievable!! Why didn't I check to make sure he was properly clothed before I left? I'm so stupid, stupid, STUPID! "Aaahhh!!" I hollered in exasperation, smashing my forehead against the steering wheel. "Umma, are you alright?" I heard Kyungsoo's concerned voice next to my ear. "Hmm? Oh, I'm fine" I sighed, not wanting to worry my little Bunny Boo any further. Lifting my head off the steering wheel, I glanced over at Kyungsoo only to find him cringing against the passenger door in fear. Frowning, I stared at the poor bunny in confusion. What's gotten into him?

 


Kyungsoo's POV


Oooohhh, now you've done it Kyungsoo!!  Stupid mouth just HAS to spurt out everything that comes to mind! I Guarantee she's going to yell at me for calling her Umma and then feed me to the bad kitty! Look, Ria Angel is frowning at me!! She's definitely upset... GOODBYE NEW LIFE!! It was nice while it lasted... Cringing against the door, I waited for whatever punishment Ria Angel decided to dish out. "Hey, it's okay" she gently cooed as she ruffled my hair, "none of this is your fault. There's no need to be afraid!" Wait, she's not upset that I called her Umma?!?! Does that mean she excepts the role? "Okay Umma" I whispered, carefully watching to see if she'd react negatively. "Good! Now how about we all get out of the vehicle and do some shopping! Well, except you Kai... Just wait there for a minute." With that said, she jumped out the door, slamming it closed behind her, and dashed to the back of the vehicle. Wha- She- I HAVE AN UMMA!!! Squealing in happiness, I quickly joined my new Umma at the back of the van. I could hear everyone else's jealous mutterings as I skipped past them, making my heart soar with pride. That's right! She's all mine!! 

 


Regular POV


Popping open the trunk of my van, I was pleasantly surprised to find my basketball shorts still sitting in their shopping bag. Thank God I never returned them! Since they were a bit too big on me, I had thrown them back here to return them when I had free time. Luckily, I apparently either forgot about them or never had free time. I'd like to think option one, 'cause option two just makes my life sound so sad... "Put these on" I demanded Kai, throwing the shorts at his face. Grumbling in annoyance, he slowly shimmied the shorts up his legs. Movements inside the van are very restricted, so it took him several minutes before he stepped out of the vehicle, shorts in their proper place. "Ya know what" he mumbled as he twisted his hips around, "I love these! They're so comfortable!! Except... Do you think, when we get home, could you cut out a hole for my tail?" Unable to hold it back, I burst out into laughter, causing the panther to jump back in shock. "What?" Kai whined worriedly. "Sure" I continued to giggle, "I'll cut out a hole for your tail." "Why are you laughing?!" the confused panther hollered in frustration. "I'm just happy your willing to wear clothes. It's a good thing I didn't return those shorts!" Ruffling his hair, I then proceeded to usher everyone (except Baekhyun and Tao) towards the front entrance of the shopping mall. 

             Never... Never again will I make the mistake of bringing everyone to the mall at the same time!! The second we had walked through the front entrance, everyone except Kyungsoo had dashed off in their own directions. Not knowing who to go after, I stood dumbstruck, watching all their receding backs disappear from view. Eventually snapping out of my stupor, I dashed in the direction I saw Kai go. Out of all the hybrids, I trust Kai the least. He'll either try to eat someone or strip and run around the mall in his birthday suit. Both options could get him arrested, therefore, I need to find Kai QUICKLY. Frantically glancing around, I finally spotted him standing near a rack of low-rider jeans. Sighing in relief, I took a hold of my Bunny Soo's hand and walked over to the contemplating panther. "How do I know if the pants will fit me?" Kai asked, eyes never leaving the rack of jeans. "Well, you try on different sizes until you find a pair that fits comfortably." "And if I find some that fit, you'll buy them for me?" "Of course! That's what we're here for" I chuckled as I lightly slapped Kai on the back. Rolling his eyes in exasperation, he plucked the first pair of jeans he saw from the rack and walked towards the changing room. "See anything you want so far?" I absentmindedly asked Kyungsoo, gaze lazily shifting around the store. I calmly glanced past an Old Navy store, only for my eyes to snap back when my mind registered the fact that Baekhyun and Tao were standing inside. "Um, I'll be right back! Stay here and wait for Kai to come outside!" "But-" "Don't worry" I consoled the terrified bunny, "I'll be right over there. If he tries anything bad, just holler and I'll come to the rescue!" 

 


Kai's POV


Stepping out of the changing room with my fitted jeans at hand, I walked over to where Ria was last standing. When I arrived, I discovered that Ria had disappeared, leaving behind a terrified little bunny. "Why're you here?" I mumbled, grabbing another pair of jeans from the rack that matched the size of the pair currently dangling from my hand. "U-Umma told m-me to wait for y-you to come out" he stuttered, wringing his hands in nervousness. "Oh... Where is she?" With a shaking hand, he pointed over towards some name brand store. Quickly spotting Ria inside with some of the other hybrids, I took a hold of the frightened bunny's hand and dragged him in their direction. Just as I was about to enter the store, with Kyungsoo in tow, I was cut off by a deer (Luhan to be exact). He dashed into the shop and glomped the merman in fright. When did Suho get in there? Must've been hidden by the clothes, which is why I didn't spot him. Lifting my foot, I went to step through the doorway, only to be cut off once again, THIS time by a herd of little kids. They shuffled as quickly as their little legs would allow, towards a frightened deer and startled merman. Upon seeing the kids, Luhan screeched in terror and tried desperately to climb Suho's frame. After several yelps of pain from Suho, Luhan finally had himself settled high up on Fish Boy's shoulders. The horde of children surrounded the two hybrids, trying (with no success) to pet Luhan. Shaking my head in exasperation, I quickly walked into the shop towards Ria, ignoring the frightened wails of a certain deer. Kyungsoo unconsciously clutched my hand tighter, eyes never leaving the scene Luhan created. 

 


Regular POV


After lecturing Tao and Baekhyun about never leaving my side, I allowed them to browse around the shop. As I watched them look through racks of skinny jeans, I suddenly heard a terrified screech. Snapping around in the direction of the sound, I spotted Kai and Kyungsoo heading my way. My little Bunny Soo, however, had his attention focused on something behind him. Following his gaze I was relieved to find two more of my hybrids. That relief was short lived however, when I noticed the predicament they got themselves into. I could feel the laughter welling up inside me as I watched Luhan shift around on Suho's shoulders, desperately trying to avoid the hands of the children attempting to pet him. I suppose I should go help them out before Suho collapses... "Just look around for a minute while I help out the others" I stated as I walked passed Kai and Kyungsoo. Nodding in understanding, the panther dragged a reluctant bunny over to look at shirts. "Hey kids, what are you doing?" I giggled as I approached the group. "We're trying to pet the cute deer" a little girl pouted, "but he won't stay still." "I think that's because you're scaring him. He's very shy" I murmured, ushering the kids away from the poor deer. "Aw! I really wanted to pet him! His hair looks so fluffy and soft" another little girl grumbled. "Well, there's a kitty over there I bet would LOVE to let you pet his hair" I whispered, pointing towards Baekhyun, who was watching the scene with jealousy. Such an attention hog... For several minutes I watched in amusement as the children gathered around Baekhyun, praising his looks and fluffiness. He soaked up the attention with a gleeful expression, momentarily forgetting about his shopping experience. When the children's mothers came for them, Baekhyun's ears dropped in disappointment, only to shoot back up as he noticed the pile of clothes sitting next to him. Must have remembered what he's here for... 

           With the help of the hybrids I already found, it wasn't hard to locate the rest of the crew. Chen was found inside an adult toy store, observing a selection of various handcuffs. I really don't wanna know... Xiumin wasn't hard to spot, sitting out in the open, munching on food he received from some kind food vendors. After paying for all the food, we went in search of our last group member, Kris. He was a bit harder to find, but eventually Tao spotted him lounging in a tanning bed. With everyone accounted for, we finished our shopping experience and headed home with more bags of goodies than could fit in the trunk. The ride home was full of complaints about shopping bags shoved in places they shouldn't be. "Alright guys" I hollered above the noise as I pulled into the driveway, "grab your bags and bring everything to rooms except your bottoms. I have to cut holes for tails, so put all bottoms on my bed!" "Bottoms?" Tao giggled childishly. Rolling my eyes, I turned towards the boys. "Yeah bottoms, ya know... boxers, shorts, pants... anything you wear to cover your are bottoms." This comment seemed to send them all into a fit of hysterics. Boys, so immature! Getting out of the van, I spotted a familiar car parked in my garage. Squealing in excitement, I dashed past the hybrids into my house. Everything seemed to be as I left it, the house lights all off. That's weird, I KNOW that's his car, but there doesn't appear to be anyone in the hou- "SURPRISE!!" Sam yelled, jumping out from the dining room, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" "IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY?!?!" 

 


I wasn't originally gonna post this chapter for a few days. But after all the Kris and SM drama, I felt like I really needed to. So here it is!! I'm dedicating this to all you fellow Exostans/Exotics and Exo! 
#StayStrongExo