Rooms

Hybrid Sanctuary

"I'll start with you Kyungsoo, how do you want your room to be?" "I-I don't... want a room" he said hesitantly, "I wanna stay with you." Well okay then... Wasn't expecting that, but what the hay! He's ADORBALE!! I don't think it'll bother me too much to share a room with the little cutie. I crossed Kyungsoo's name off the room list and moved to the next cage. Looking down expectantly at the jittery hamster, I waited patiently for his answer. Xiumin sat wringing his hands nervously, opening his mouth to talk, but instantly shutting it before any sound was able to come out. "Hey, just say whatever is on your mind. I'm not gonna tell you no." Xiumin wiggled around for a few more seconds before looking up at me with begging eyes. "Food, lots of food" he mumbled in a rush and then cringed, as if preparing for my fury. Laughing at his request, I wrote it down and pinched his cheek in reassurance. "So, what about you guys?" I asked the kitties when I reached their little cage. I can't believe that idiot owner stuck the both of them in one cage... He's lucky I haven't ended him yet... "Clothes?" Baekhyun trilled excitedly, bouncing around as much as the cage would allow. "Oh, I'm sorry" I apologized. When his ears dropped in disappointment, I quickly continued my thought. "What I meant was, clothes have to be fitted, which means I'll have to bring you shopping once you're all settled into your new home. Don't worry! I'll make sure you have a big closet so you can have lots of clothes!" Instantly, the little kitty perked up and smiled at me in happiness. "Psh, well I don't want clothes" Chen snorted, "I want TOYS!" Quickly, I wrote down their requests and moved on. Before I could reach the next cage, Luhan yelled "lots of pillows and stuff animals, so I can snuggle down and hide in their softness!" "Haha, how cute! What about you Tao?" The panda stared at me with a piercing gaze, making me feel anxious. "I wanna go shopping with you and Baekhyun" he finally murmured timidly. "You're another clothes lover? Well, this shopping experience should be an interesting one!" "Also" he continued, staring at his trembling hands, "I was wondering, since you're the new owner... and it's totally up to you... I want to..." "Just spit it out!" Chen screeched in annoyance, earning a murderous glare from the panda. "Please continue" I encouraged the nervous Tao. "Well... I was wondering, if you would allow me... I'd like to continue my wushu training. It's something I did before I became a slave, and I really miss it" he finally stated in a hushed voice. A collective gasp could be heard coming from all around the room. Did he ask something wrong? Everyone looks like he just admitted murder! "Well, I have no idea what wushu is, but when you get settled into the house, we'll look into it." Once again, gasping could be heard from all around the room, but this time I chose to ignore it and moved on to the next hybrid. "Uh, do you need to sleep in a pool, like that tub you're in now?" I asked Suho, causing him to laugh hysterically. "No, no! I'm an exotic hybrid because I can live on land and in water. I just have to stay hydrated, which is why I'm in his tub of water. Like the owner of the shop is going to come down here everyday to give me water when he barely feeds all of us. I can sleep in a room, I'll just have to make sure I stay hydrated." "Okay, I'll prepare a room for you, but just so you know, I DO have a pool whenever you want to use it. Oh, and was there anything specific you wanted done with you're room?" After receiving thumbs up and a polite "nope", I turned to Kai's cage. "So how do you want YOUR room to be?" "I can ask for anything?" he questioned, throwing me a glance full of suspicion. "Oh course" I answers with a bright smile. Obviously this one doesn't trust me. "Then I want a place I can perch on... AND I want my bed to look like it's in a tree." Pft, he's quite imaginative isn't he? Kai looks like he believes I won't actually be able to fulfill his request... Just you wait... Finally, I reached Kris's cage. The poor hybrid is even more colorless then I remember. His skin is freezing to the touch and he's barely conscious, breathing very shallow. Opening the cage door, I gently wrapped the lizard in my blanket, leaning in to whisper in his ear. "Don't worry, I know EXACTLY how to make your room." Ruffling his hair in a soothing gesture, I moved out of the cage and re-latched it. "Well my companions, I must go now! The faster I begin with your rooms, the quicker you'll be out of here! I'll be back soon!!" I shouted over my shoulder as I dashed out of the store. 

                         -Sunday- 

Kyungsoo's POV


The atmosphere has been really tense since Ria Angel left a couple days ago. Everyone, except Kris, has been pacing around in their cages, eyes constantly darting to the hall whenever the slightest noise was heard. Although I'm sure most of them won't admit it, I can tell they're all waiting anxiously for her return. I would be too, but I'm pretty sure she's not gonna take me. I'm too awkward... Besides, no one ever wants a useless bunny. I'm weak and literally afraid of EVERYTHING. Curling up in a ball of depression, I was about to doze off, when I heard the familiar patter of feet. Could it be?! Jumping up, I threw my gaze towards the corridor and sure enough, there's Ria Angel. "You guys ready to go home?" she asked brightly, waving around a set of keys. *Sigh* Well goodbye company and hello loneliness... Ria Angel flipped through the keys and then, to my utter shock, she unlocked my door first. She's still gonna keep me? YAY!! Quickly, I scurried out of my cage and immediately latched onto Ria Angel. When she moved, I went with her, refusing to relinquish my hold. Eventually, all the doors were opened and the rest of the hybrids made their way over to huddle in front if us, Tao and Suho both supporting a very weak Kris. "Follow me!" she yelled, leading us all out of the building to her car. As we were walking, I noticed Kai throwing hungry glances in my direction. Shuddering in fear, I burrowed closer into Ria Angel's side. "Well, since there's 9 of you and only 7 seats, you guys will have to squish in!" Dashing past the rest, I seated myself in the passenger seat, right next to Ria Angel. Kris, Tao, Kai, and Suho squished themselves into the three back seats while Luhan, Baekhyun, Chen, and Xiumin plopped into the three middle seats. 

            The ride to Ria Angel's house didn't take long, but there was a lot of complaining from the very back seats. Apparently Kris was being a little too... friendly, throwing himself on the others to get close to their body heat. This didn't bode well for a certain panda who was sitting directly next to Kris, therefore getting the brunt of his clingy-ness. "We're here!" Ria Angel shouted excitedly, directing our attention to the biggest house I've ever seen. We're going to live here?!?! Herding us out if the car, she ushered the group of us towards the front door. The house seems to grow in size with every step, looming over our insignificant forms. I stood in shock once Ria Angel opened the door to our awe struck eyes. It's even bigger on the inside!! Dashing inside, I whirled in circles, trying to take in as much as I could. From where I was standing, I could see the dining room and livingroom off the the sides. In front of me, proudly stood a grand marble staircase that wound it's way gracefully up to the second floor. Tucked next to the stairs was a single door, which Ria Angel took my hand and led me to. "This is our room! Why don't you go inside and take a bath. There's a pair of clothes on the bed that you can wear for now." Jumping in happiness, I ran into our shares room, closing the door behind me. I get to stay with her!! I'm so HAPPY!!!! After dancing around in excitement for a bit, I proceeded to enter the HUGE luxurious bathroom. Oooo! bubbles!!!!

 


Regular POV


After situations Kyungsoo in our room, I led the rest of the group upstairs. They obediently followed behind me, quietly gazing at everything in wonder. "Here's you room Xiumin" I stated as I opened the first door on the right. Inside the room, directly across from the door, sat a queen sized bed covered in fluffy blankets, which he immediately ran to. "As you can see, I've installed a refrigerator, here, next to the bathroom (only place it's fit) and on the other side, a pantry. You should have enough random food stored in here to last 'til the next shopping trip. Then, you can have free rein to pick out whatever you want to have for food while we're there" I said as I watched the little hamster explore his room. Sending him a little wave, I closed his door and led the group to the next two rooms on the right, Baekhyun's and Tao's. "At first glance they may look boring, but if you open the closet, you'll discover something astonishing" I loudly whispered to the boys. Instantly they threw themselves into their rooms, making a run for the closets. "IT'S HUGE" Baekhyun trilled from inside, "thank you!" Both came to their doorways with identical expressions of glee. "At the end of the week, I'll take you boys on a shopping spree you'll never forget!" I sent them a wink and then continued down the hall. "Now Chen" I said as I opened the fourth door down on the left side, "I've provided you with plenty of toys, but you'll have to find them first." Throwing me a look filled with confusion, Chen stepped into his room only to be greeted by a queen size bed and white walls (besides the door to the bathroom). "You see" I continued, "I got the impression that you were a mischievous little troll when I first saw you. So, I created 8 hidden compartments in your room. I figured, once you find them, you'd have a fun time using them to your advantage." Quickly catching my meaning, a sly grin spread across his face, "your all doomed when I find those compartments" he warned. "Have fun!" I yelled, moving to the last door on the left. "Why did you skip so many rooms?" Kai questioned as I was about to open his door. "Hmm? Oh, I wanted to spread you guys out a little so you had some privacy. That being said, this is your room Kai!" Slowly, he creeped over to the door and peeked inside, a look of amazement spreading over his face. Inside, along the wall directly across from the door, a series of pedestals were set up like stairs leading up to a 6 foot pillar sitting in the far corner of the room, next to the bathroom. Resting on top of the pillar sat a king size bed, bolted into place. The whole pillar was painted to look like a tree trunk, the walls surrounding the pillar, it's branches spread wide. Leaves were artfully drawn to complete the illusion of his bed in a tree. Down near the shortest pedestal, a huge bay window sat, set out further than the wall to accommodate a window seat. There, the feline can lounge around and survey the territory outside. On the wall next to the door, a few platforms were placed at random heights for him to perch on. "Bet you thought I wasn't going to be able to meet your demands, huh?" I teased. Without saying a word, Kai bowed in gratitude and then shut himself into his new room. I smirked as I heard his excited screech from the other side of the door. "Okay, everyone left follow me! I've placed your rooms downstairs." 

          Slowly, I led the group through the livingroom, to the corridor at the back of the house. "Luhan, you're up!" I stated as I started opening the first door on the left. He jumped around in excitement, waiting for me to fully open the door to his room. When he saw what was inside, he gasped in glee and dashed through the doorway. Taking up most of the space in his room, was a monster-sized canopy bed that was covered with stuff animals, pillows, and blankets galore. Across from his bed was the bathroom and a little dresser for the clothes I still need to buy him. Luhan immediately buried himself into the bed, cocooning himself with whatever he could reach. When he felt sufficiently covered, he pulled the drawstring to let down the canopy curtains, completely hiding himself from view. Not even a shadow of his antlers were seen trough the thick covering of his curtains. Quietly shutting the door, I turned and crossed over to the other side of the hallway. "We'll my reptilian friend, this is your stop! I made sure to turn the lights on ahead of time for you." Opening the door, we were hit by a blast of heat that seemed to bring Kris back to an alert state of mind. All the walls of the room were painted black to magnify the heat lights I had specifically installed. On the bed, for an extra source of warmth when the lights were out, sat an electric heated blanket. Kris rushed into the room, with my blanket still wrapped around his body, and slammed the door closed behind him. A muffled "thank you" was thrown through the closed door. "Well Suho, your the last! I put your room at the end of the hall, next to the pool" I explained as I led him down the corridor, "that way, you can take a dip whenever you want!" "Chlorine?" "I don't use that icky, smelly stuff! I have a filter that keeps my water clean, so it's safe for you to enter!" I stated with a wink. Opening the door, I beckoned him inside, "I wasn't sure if you liked your drinking water cold or room temp, so I supplied both." Inside the room, rows upon rows of water bottles lined the walls. The only parts not covered was where the fridge is sitting and the openings for the closet and bathroom. "Think this is enough water to keep you hydrated?" I giggled at his awed expression. "Yeah" he mumbled as he walked, in a trance-like state, over to his bed (which was situated directly in the middle of his room). Still laughing to myself, I slowly walked back downstairs to the kitchen (which you had to go through the dining room to enter). I suppose I should make everyone some lunch. I bet it's been a while since they've eaten a good meal... But what to make...