First Meal and a Minor Rip

Hybrid Sanctuary

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!" I screeched as I watched Kai lean towards Kyungsoo's neck with dripping fangs. He currently had my poor little bunny pinned to the floor in our bedroom, a hungry glint in his eyes. He stopped at the sound of my voice, turning to me with an expression that asked 'are you stupid?' "I'm starving and he's food" Kai simply stated, turning back to his 'meal'. "No No NO!!" rushing forward, I dropped to my knees and protectively wrapped my arms around the trembling bunny. "I made lunch! Go eat THAT, not my little bunny!!" I ordered, clutching Kyungsoo closer to me. Kai stared down at me for a few seconds, waging a silent battle of will. When he saw that I wasn't going to back down, he hissed in frustration and stormed out of the room. When I was sure Kai wasn't going to return, I switched all of my attention to my trembling bunny. "Ssh, the mean kitty is gone... It's all right now..." I cooed into his ear, his head soothingly as he burrowed his tear streaked face into my shoulder. After a couple of minutes, he finally calmed down enough to stop shaking. "A-are you s-sure? W-what if he t-tries to EAT me a-again?" he sniffled, wiping a hand over his wet eyes. "I won't let him"I state firmly, "now stop crying." Grabbing the corner of my shirt, I used it to gently dry Kyungsoo's face. Completely calm now, he sat still, waiting for me to finish drying his tears. "There! Now, why don't we go to the dining room for some lunch." Taking hold of his hand, I led my bunny out to join the others. I was relieved to find Kai, sitting with the other carnivores, stuffing his face with chicken. Next time I do a meal call, I'm going to make sure Kai's the first one called, instead of the last. I don't want him attacking Kyungsoo in hunger again!

              Leaning in the doorway, I watched them all eat in amusement. It's actually quite entertaining... On the carnivore side, Kai and Chen snatched up whatever was in sight, stuffing their faces until their cheeks looked ready to explode. Baekhyun glared at them in disgust while daintily nibbling on his piece of chicken.  Kris, on the other hand, just stared at the food in front of him. Occasionally, he'd pick up a chunk and pop it into his mouth, but for the most part, he just watched it... As if he's waiting for it to run away... "YAH!" Chen shrieked when Kris suddenly lunged forward, snagging the chicken from his fingertips. "Hey" Chen whined while wiggling his empty fingers, "I was gonna eat that!" "My plate, my food, don't touch" Kris simply stated as he turned his attention back to his food. "...weirdo..." Chen mumbled under his breath as he reached to grab another drumstick. Stifling laughter, I moved my attention over to the herbivores. Now these guys, while eating, are more high spirited and friendly. Like Chen and Kai, Xiumin was stuffing whatever he could get his little hands on into his mouth. The difference is, he did it with a gleeful abandoned, almost like everything he eats is the most delicious thing he's ever tasted (it's only peanut butter sandwiches and a salad). Suho and Luhan sat cross from him, completely immersed in conversation. Well, more like Suho's talking while Luhan politely listens, nibbling on some lettuce and nodding when appropriate. Tao is seated next to Xiumin, munching on a sandwich, his gaze fixated on the carnivore side. He had a look of rapt attention, probably waiting to see what chaos would erupt next. Lastly, my little bunny Soo, siting at the head if the table in silence. He's physically close to the others, but mentally Kyungsoo seems to be off in his own world. Although I would love for him to interact with his fellow hybrids, I'm just glad he appears to be happy as he nibbles on a sandwich. Whatever Kyungsoo is thinking about, it's making his ears flop around in excitement...

 


Kai's POV


After eating my fill of chicken, I leaned back in the chair to observe the herbivores on the other side of the table. For the most part, they didn't look very appealing to me. I mean, what kind of cat would eat a deer or panda? Not me, that's for sure! And although, as a feline, I have a taste for seafood, Suho doesn't quite fit in my food chain. However, Xiumin and Kyungsoo look absolutely DELICIOUS. If it wasn't for the fact he locked his door, I would've had myself a little hamster snack earlier. And of course, Ria just HAD to interrupt my bunny lunch. Gah, he looks so TASTY!! Plenty of meat on his bones and he smells mouth-watering... If this chicken hadn't been satisfying, I'd have lunged across the table to catch me some bunny. Since Ria seems to be an alright cook, I'll leave him alone...for now...

 


Kyungsoo's POV


Yum Yum YUM!! This tastes so GOOD! I wonder what it is... I think Suho said it was a 'peanut butter sandwich'? Whatever it is, I like it! Ria Angel is so kind, giving us such wonderful tasting food! Is there anything she can't do? She's like an angel sent from heaven to protect and care for us. I hope I can stay with Ria Angel FOREVER! Uh oh!! The bad kitty is staring at me... I hope he knows my guardian angel won't let him eat me. She's going to protect me and if he tries anything, he'll get yelled at again. Ria Angel is scary when she yells, like an Umma bear! *Gasp* Maybe she can be MY Umma!! I'll ask her tonight! But... What if she doesn't want to be my Umma? What if she says 'No' 'cause I'm not good enough to be her son? She might get mad and send me back to that horrible shop! Or worse, feed me to the bad kitty!! I don't want to be eatin', I want to stay with Ria Angel!! It's decided, I won't ask her...

 


Regular POV


Slowly, everyone lounged back lazily in their chairs after eating their fill of food. "Okay guys! Why don't you all head back to your rooms and get some rest" I announced, ushering the group out of the dining room. As they all stood up in front of the chairs, a loud tearing sound could be heard around the room. Turning to the area the sound came from, a blushing panda stood with his hands covering his backside. "M-my p-p-pants ripped" he stuttered, face turning an even darker shade of red. Instantly, the whole room erupted in laughter. Everyone, except Kyungsoo and I, stood laughing at the poor panda. "It's not funny!!" he shouted in distress, tears falling from his eyes. "ENOUGH!!!" I shouted, halting all laughter, "go to your rooms" I commanded in a deadly voice. Hanging their heads in shame from my tone, they all quickly left the room. Kyungsoo ran out of the room only to come back seconds later with a towel, which he handed to Tao. "T-thanks" Tao sniffled as he wrapped the towel around his waist. "Are you alright?" I soothingly rubbed Tao's back. "Yeah, i-it's just my pride that's hurt" he stated, angrily wiping his tears away. "Well, I know something that'll cheer you up!" I shouted excitedly, causing the panda to look at me, eyes swimming with curiosity. "What?" "Tomorrow... I'm taking everyone... SHOPPING!" Instantly, Tao's eyes lit up in excitement. "You mean it?" "Of course! And after you've shopped 'til you've dropped, we'll start the search for your wushu trainer." Shrieking in happiness, Tao engulfed me in a bear hug (see what I did there *wink wink*). Hugging the panda back, I looked around him to see Kyungsoo watching us with a pout. Aw, is he a jealous bunny? So ADORABLE!! "Why don't we head to our rooms for some rest, hmm? It's been an eventful day" I said as I led the boys out of the dining room. Waving goodbye to Tao, Kyungsoo and I shuffled into our room at the bottom of the stairs. "So what's Tao suppose to wear tomorrow?" my bunny chirped as he jumped onto the bed, snuggling down under the blankets 'til only his ears were visible. "I provided each of you with two outfits. Your other one is in my closet" I answered, once I stopped internally squealing over his CUTENESS. "Hmm" he mumbled, already half asleep. So-Just-AAAHHH!!! Refraining from glomping the cutie, I slid under the covers next to him. GAH! He's even more adorable looking when I can see his sleeping face!! Carefully, so I didn't wake my sleeping companion, I grabbed my cellphone off the nightstand near the bed. Praying he wouldn't wake up, I snapped a picture, cringing at the flash. Luckily, Kyungsoo was too far gone in slumber to notice. Feeling proud of my accomplishment, I burrowed down in my blankets for a much needed nap, cellphone still at hand. Gotta keep it close *yawn*, just in case... any other photo opportunities arise...

 

 

TA DA!!! Another chapter completed :3 I hope ya'll enjoying this as much as I am XD I got so excited writing this, I ended up filling my iPod with random clips to add to future chapters XD Anyways, COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE! Til next time ^ㅅ^