Akira

Into the woods

Akira POV
[A/N: Okay here's how it's gonna work. Since the "gang of misfits" that make up Mory's friends, aren't really main characters. I will give them a POV when it is relevant. Like if I'm about to pair them with someone else in Mory's pack *hint *hint *wink *wink *nudge *nudge]


My alarm goes off early as usually, just as I like. I feel it is important to start the morning off early and be awake. My routine consists of getting up, doing my morning yoga flows and doing my regular meditation. Call me strange for being a teen well engaged in mindfulness, but I call it smart. To have the skills to be with what is uncomfortable, to turn into our problems and go with the flow. It is these skills that help us to lead a happy and heal thing way of being, to learn this at a young age, I am grateful [and smarter then the next guy].

After meditation, I shower and start working on my make up. I am trying this thing where I wear minimal make up, so far I'm succeeding. I remember a year ago, I used to feel the need to over due on the eye shadow and eyeliner and foundation, needless to say I often looked like a clown. Today I simply shall settle for eyeliner and that's all.

After getting ready and eating breakfast, I get driven to school by my mom (as usual) and I'm early.

"Have a good day sweetie, good luck on your science test today" my mom says before driving off. I skip inside with a smile on my face and wait for my friends.


Mory POV

My eyes slowly open as the alarm blares in my ears, I feel weight on my shoulder. I sit up slightly and see Minwoo partially sleeping on me.

"Min~ time to get up" I say groggily, my throat is still partially asleep and not ready to talk. Minwoo stirs slightly as I try to leave the bed. Not wanting to wake him I put on my uniform and get ready downstairs, Minwoo is still asleep when I return. I ask Donghyun to drive me instead.


Donghyun POV

"..Can you give me a ride? Minwoo's still sleeping"

"Sure" I say giving Mory a smile. I try not to think of the possible reasons Minwoo could still be sleeping. After all he's usually up around when I am so it's like him to be tired.

The drive to Mory's school is silent, I can't expect much; this is Minwoo's job and we've mucked up the system.

"So.." I begin, "What do you normally talk about when Minwoo is driving?" She looks at me weirdly. "Hey I'm just trying to make conversation"

"We don't usually talk that much 'cause A) it's still early and we're tired and B) he often tells me he would just like to concentrate on the road."

"Fair enough" those are the final words out of my mouth before we reach the school. I debate on saying anything as Mory get's out of the car, not wanting to sound like a mother or anything like that; I simply offer a smile.


Akira POV

Often being early for school, I've had the time to roam the school and find cool hideouts and such. There's one I found a month ago that I always go to. Just the previous month I was looking for a bathroom close by to my class when I stumbled upon a door leading to the roof. The door was unlocked so naturally I was curious to see how far I could get before getting caught. I've been going out to the roof on most mornings I am here early.

Today however, with my beautiful view over the school, I see something rather interesting. I look down and see my best friend Mory and also a young man following behind. I can tell by the distance they're keeping that they're not in a serious relationship. I could guess siblings but Mory isn't asian. He's adorable, I know he is the one. If there is one thing mindfulness has taught me, it is to never ignore your feelings and my feelings are telling me, this is my mate. The man walks back to his car and I stare a moment.

 

Donghyun POV

You wouldn't believe how awkward I was feeling in the schoolyard just then. I mean I did well in highschool, so it's not that bad memories are surfacing. I just kinda feel old, seeing as I haven't been to school in a while. Walking to my car I feel slightly relieved, Mory isn't a child she doesn't need to be watched. Perhaps not but my wolf instincts tell me otherwise. I wait a moment in the car until the first bell goes, just in case.

 

Akira POV

The bell goes and I run down from the roof to see Mory, as soon as the man is leaving.
"Mory!"

"Hi Akira"

"Who was that?"

"Him? Oh that's Donghyun, he's the leader of our pack. I needed a ride since my mate couldn't drive me today. Why do you ask?" Cause he's my mate, thats why. So Donghyun's his name, I like it! Has a nice flow to it. 

"Oh no reason"

"Okay then let's get to class.

The day passed by slowly as the name Donghyun swirled in my head, as I tried to picture a clear image of his face. 

After school Mory invited me over for homework, to which I reluctantly agreed. At last I could see my mate up close.


Mory POV

Okay, to set the record, I invited Akira over not for the fact that I can't be left alone in a room with Hayley. But because I can see that Akira has a thing for Donghyun, it's written all over her face. Yes, I realize that she only saw him this morning and only asked but I know from experience that finding a mate really is an un obvious love at first sight.

Going back to my first excuse, Hayley is really driving me nuts. She just talks and when she's not receiving attention over her almost non existent baby bump, she's talking. Of course Jeongmin is so in love that he is blind and completely oblivious to the fact that her yammering skull cave is driving the rest of us bonkers!

We get back to the house and I put our things upstairs. I introduce Akira to everyone who is home which is Donghyun, Hyungseong and my mate Minwoo. After grabbing a quick snack the two of us begin working on our homework.


Akira POV

"Bathroom break, I'll be back" Mory says and leaves, great that'll buy me some time to find my mate. As soon as Mory is safety out of earshot I creep out of her bedroom. The house is so nice, I have a hard time not staring. It's so much bigger than my own home but then again my home is just temporary till after highschool. I walk by an open room and see my mate on the computer. I creep in quickly not making a sound - or so I thought.

"Hello, Akira" he says continuing not looming up from his laptop. His back was to me and thank god, I was blushing like mad. How did he hear? a werewolf's hearing isn't that good.

"H-how did you guess?" I laugh nervously. Okay maybe this whole confronting my mate, wasn't gonna be as easy as I thought.

"I could smell you" he says turning his chair to face me. I back into the now closed door behind me. No doubt my cheeks are still ruby red.

"What can I do for you?" He says with a kind smile, he's such a gentlemen.


Mory POV

My room is empty, I knew it. I walk down the hallway towards Donghyun's room, being sure to keep a slow pace and give Akira some time to make a move. Yes, I am all for her and Donghyun. Good friends cheer their friends on and I think Akira and I would make super sisters in law.

I reach Donghyun's room and listen at the door.

"...why didn't you just say something before?"

"Um do you know how awkward it is to just walk into a room and say 'hey I'm your mate'?"

"Of course it's a little awkward but don't you feel better now that you've said something?"

"A little"

"Would this make you feel better?"

I press my ear harder against the door to figure out what's going on. I assume kissing but I want to be sure, just then I feel a pair of warm hands cover my eyes. Minwoo, you couldn't have picked a worse time.

"Guess who?"

"I'm guessing my mate" I say pulling his hands off my face and turning in. "The one who didn't wake up in time to drive me to school. Aren't staying up too late, are you?"

"Sorry, I was just tired. And I feel horrible for not driving you today. Am I forgiven?" He asks wrapping his arms around me. My mind is completely flying away from the task at hand.

"Not yet you're not" I say trying to pull away, it's not use and eventually I give in.

"What were you doing, anyway?" I finally break free from Minwoo's grip.

"Nothing let's go" I say pulling Minwoo towards my own room. I think about my new sister and someone who can now share my pain on Hayley. These thoughts glue a smile on my face making Minwoo smile back at me. Life was finally getting somewhere good for me.