Forbidden

Into the woods

Neesa POV

*tap *tap *tap

I stir slightly, not opening my eyes. The sound comes again.

*tap *tap *tap

Finally I sit up and look towards the window to see that there are stones being tossed at it. The tapping continues until I finally I open the window.

"Hyuk, what are you doing here?" I ask, clear anxiety in my voice. He cannot be out here now, for one I thought vampires couldn't stand direct sunlight. But then again how was he in the market the other day?

"My hyungs had something to do and left me behind. I had to see you again, Neesa"

"Hyuk do you know how dangerous you are being right now? If someone sees you, we both get in trouble!" He takes out a pair of sunglasses, as if to say 'that won't be a problem'.

"I can't help it, my chest aches when you aren't around" he sounds desperate, I feel awful. I wish the laws couldn't separate us, I feel like Juliet calling to my Romeo. Or to put our situation into 21st century perspective, I'm much like Mory. I'm different then my mate but in my case I'm breaking the law.

"Step aside, I'm coming down" I say mounting onto the window sill. He complies and I leap the height difference.

"Nice outfit" he chuckles looking me over. It's then that I realize I'm still in a tank top and pj bottoms. Since I don't move that much in my sleep, my hair is probably just slightly tossed.

"Psh, in this neighborhood there is no such thing as under dressed"

"Really that doesn't sound like it matches the rich status that I happen to know of."

"Yeah I dunno what I'm talking about either. Anyways, c'mon there's a place I know we can go where we won't be disturbed. We have to be careful about our root, we don't want your scent leaving a long trail."

"Okay, since you're not wearing any shoes, shall I give you a piggy back ride there?" I look down at my feet self, I should've grabbed slippers on the way out.

"I could just go in wolf form" I say but then think again, if I wanted to talk to Hyuk once we got there, I'd have to change back making me . "But I'd love a ride" I continue, how can I say no to such a cute face?

I hop onto Hyuk's back and direct him towards where I want to go. There're's a meadow I know of, not too far off that is perfectly secretive.

"It's beautiful" he says, taking my hand. I can't get over how cold he is, perhaps I'm just too used to werewolves' skin.

"I used to come here with my sister when we were little" the sun is out but isn't overwhelmingly warm out. A light breeze blows in picking up the individual scent of each wild flower. The blue sky complementing the enthralling scenery.


Mory POV

"Hey let GO!" I wail, as Xiumin and Luhan continue to squeeze me and pinch my cheeks.

"But you're so cute!" Xiumin says squeezing me tighter.

"You could be Baozi jr!" Luhan says reaching for my other cheek. The torture continues for what feels like forever, after already going on for an eternity.

I was just getting myself some breakfast when I meet another chunk of the pack: Chen, Chanyeol, Kai (more formally) and Lay. After eating the three leave me to do other things, that's when Luhan and Xiumin came in. The two haven't left me alone, they seem to be convicted that I will just become their teddy bear in the the blink of an eye. Let me just say this morning has not been easy and they are driving me nuts. I had a hard time believing those two are both older than Kris.

"We're going out hunting, wanna come!?" Xiumin asks excitedly.

"No thanks I'm actually gonna go back to bed for a bit, I wanna catch up on some sleep" both men give me puppy dogs eyes and then agree to let me go.

I lie down and close my eyes but sleep doesn't come. Not too far along the road, I feel someone grab me. My eyes fly open but I see nothing before a rag cloth covers my face. A strong chemical of some sort burns my nose and I black out.


Neesa POV

I lie in the flower field with Hyuk by me, we do not talk. Often silence is the best companion. I know what I'm doing is wrong and any practical wolf would know to sound an alarm or kill any vampire on sight. But I cannot, I'm paralyzed by my own feelings. I want nothing more than to be with Hyuk but it isn't possible, it isn't allowed.

"How long have we been here?" Hyuk asks softly, examining a flower. My head has been resting on his lap for some time, my eyes watching the small clouds go by.

"I dunno, you wanna head back?"

"Not really, I could stay here forever"

"We should go though, I'm hungry"

"Me too.. May I?" He asks my arm.

"No way!" I say and then cover my mouth, that probably wasn't the right approach. "I mean won't that change me?"

"No, just like you werewolves, we have a specific mating ritual as well. Takes a lot more than a bite on the wrist to change someone." I take a deep breathe and agree, perhaps it will be painless. Or extremely painful, for all I know this may be the only chance I get to feed a vampire - wait how is that a good thing?

"Just be quick" I say squeezing my eyes shut tight, I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't just a little bit scared.

"Relax" he says then takes my wrist in his mouth. At first I feel pain and then nothing, I was definitely overreacting.

"Thank you" he says after finishing. The next few moments were driven in the direction of pure temptation. As Hyuk drew his mouth from my wrist I saw my own blood stain the corners of his mouth. I took his face in my own hands and covered his lips in my own. Soon I found myself his lips clean of any stray blood. I couldn't blame myself for being curious, it was different to taste my own blood for once.

I pull away and smile, this may be the last time I am ever able to do that. I must treasure the moments before and after.

Shortly after, Hyuk leaves me in the meadow to find his brothers and I am left to go my own way. I change into my wolf form and walk back smiling to myself.


"Neesa! Where have you been!?" I hear Lora shout as soon as I walk onto the lawn.

"Out, why?" I bark. But I don't need to ask, as I reach the porch I'm given my answer.

"I'm sorry" I see a young man say to Minwoo, who looks in distressed. "When I got back our room was ransacked and she was gone. Two of my pack me member were wounded trying to help. I'm so sorry" he says bowing. My brain takes a moment to process what he has said. And then the wave of realization hits me. My friend is gone, the vampires got her and we don't know where they've taken.


Mory POV

I am behind bars in a dark red room. Wires strewn from the walls, left and right. Shattered glass on windows and the remains of cages, a few skulls scattered amongst the ground. My own cage in the center, iron bars locking my in. Nothing but the cold stone floor below me.

"Where am I?" I ask to the open, I don't expect an answer but I need to know where I am. I've never seen nor heard of this place before and I'm beginning to become concerned for my life.

"A place we thought we'd never have to show you." I hear a voice say, it's Leo. I am temporarily filled with joy, he may have helped to lock me up but I hadn't noticed just how much I missed him and the rest of my brothers.

"Leo what's going on, where am I?"

"You're in a torture chamber. How should I explain this? Your original purpose was to be our mate, the center of our circle. To be one of us someday. We took you as a child and watched you grow, as you grew older we made the decision to hold off on any traditional mating. And the you went and turned yourself against us. You mated with the enemy and now there is nothing we can do for you. There is a counsel coming tomorrow, they will decide your punishment. As a former human tied to vampire laws, there will be consequences for your actions" Leo says and leaves, his steps dad off into the darkness. The next thing to come is a man, I can tell that it is Hongbin. But Hongbin does not look like himself. His hair is black, instead of the lovely maroon that it was. His inhuman green eyes replaced with Xs. Hongbin holds up a fabric doll, poorly sewn and flicks it in the head. I fall unconscious.