Move in

Into the woods

 

"I'm so glad I found you" Minwoo says wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I lean in and watch the houses go by. Minwoo had explained to me at the bus stop that he didn't normally take the transit but that didn't matter to me. I could see a night in shining armor without a steed.

We rode on the bus for quite a while, not long before we got off did the houses go from town sized to massive; Minwoo's pack must be rich. Speaking of pack,

"Minwoo, is your pack still mad at me?" He ponders the question a moment.

"Hard to say but I think they're good, mind you it's April so that whole incident happened nearly a year ago." A part of me truly did fear the pack's possible grudge against me. I lean on Minwoo's shoulder the rest of the way and dreaded the moment we would open the door.

At long last it was time to get off the bus. I walk uneasily with a knot in my stomach, clutching tightly to Minwoo's hand.

"Don't worry, everything's gonna be okay" he says reassuringly. I can hear Minwoo speak and I love him dearly but his words are not registering; nor am I fully listening.

Minwoo's house is huge, sorry, his mansion is frickin' ginormous. I can't believe this is my new home, to think I thought they lived in that cottage all year round.


Jeongmin POV [I'm gonna try and add multiple POVs to this story]

I start the water for a shower and turn up the heat. I'm not really in need of a shower, it just helps me think, you know? Between the scalding water and the freezing air, my thoughts are able to flow peacefully.

When I'm finished, I turn off the water and wrap a towel around my waist. My bathroom is inside my bedroom but outside the door I can hear multiple voices. Ones that I wouldn't normally hear.

I put on some shorts and see what all the noise is about. Well not so much noise but hey, a werewolf has sensitive hearing.

"..welcome back, I'm just starting dinner now" I hear Donghyun say. Who is he talking to? I look and see Mory, oh god not her again. Normally I'm not one to hold a grudge but for once my precautions accusations were right, she was affiliated with the enemy. I can't just forgive her that easy.

Well I guess I have to though, after all we went through for her let alone Minwoo. Let's just say that past few months haven't been going the way I'd like. After Mory's creatures-working-for the devil-that she calls her brothers, took her away. We as a pack, spent at least a month tracking her down, once we found her school Minwoo insisted on enrolling; only to find out that she was being home schooled. I still remember the one day we went in and tried to convince the secretary to tell us where Mory lived, with no luck, Minwoo was stuck until the end of the semester.

I was never one to like school, so when I finished boy was I glad to be out of that hell hole. Minwoo on the other hand is a different story. The guy is so cute and sociable, you'd never tell he had such a hard time with math and reading comprehension. It's the one time our maknae isn't so cute anymore. The little guy just get's so frustrated and I'm just sitting at the back of the room thinking 'why the hell would you take this grade 12 course now, just take in next year when you're actually in grade 12!'


"..Oh Hi Jeongmin" Mory says grabbing my attention away from my thoughts. I realize I've been staring at a center spot on the floor, wide eyed; my eyes are watery. I nod and run a hand through my hair, realizing it's still wet, I run to dry it. It might just be Mory but it's no reason not to look my best, even if she isn't my mate.

 

Mory POV

I look to Minwoo who simply shrugs, Jeongmin seemed haste to get away. Minwoo still holding my hand, leads us to the room that is now our room.

The room is beautiful, neat, tidy but not lacking in guy. The walls span great lengths, creating a huge space to live in; each painted a dark shade of purple. There is a desk with a large B.A.P poster hanging above it, which I stare at in awe; I'd love to meet them one day. The furniture in the room is all black, giving the room a slightly gothic feel. I can't believe this room is now mine as well. I sit down on the bed, and continue to analyze every detail of this room. Finally I sigh aloud.

"Now what?"

"What do you mean?" Minwoo asks joining me on the bed.

"Now what do we do?"

"Well" he sighs looking slightly depressed. "I have plan but you're gonna have to trust me and also it's really gonna depend on how each day pans out." I can live with that, I think. Wait what am I talking about? No I can't, I hate not knowing, it's frustrating. I at improv let's face it, so this whole wait and see business is not gonna be easy for me.

"Oh" is all I can say, I'm curious to know what his plan is. If he'll explain it to me, I'll listen. I'm just not too assured of the situation.

"So what's the plan?" I prompt, I'm ready to hear this as I'll ever be.

"Once you're brothers have noticed you're gone, they will come after you. We already know this, what we don't know is how long it will take them to find you."

"Or at least catch on that I'm with you?"

"I wouldn't underestimate your brothers."

"Mm"

"Since your brothers don't however have a scent to follow, it will buy us time. My pack is ready to move if necessary but until we know that you're safe, we all need to keep a low profile."

I lean my head on Minwoo's shoulder and close my eyes briefly. I am ready to face this adventure, or as ready as I'll ever be. At least I won't have to fight this battle alone, a song I heard recently comes into my head.

I'll stay in time and watch you pass by (paranoia woven deep beneath my skin)
I draw this line and hope you'll take my side (breathe slow, breathe slow)
You shouldn't have to fight alone (you shouldn't have to fight at all)
It's nobody's battle but your own

To a friend, Alexisonfire. It was only a few years ago when I started listening to American bands. Since we started studying english in school, Hyuk and (mostly) Hongbin were beginning to speak to me in little bits till I became more fluent then them. Since then I hadn't needed to speak much korean around the house, making it slightly harder to switch back and forth for school. After this new step, I became curious about American bands, since they have such a different sound than K-pop (aside from the English).

I find myself humming the guitar notes as the screamo bit plays in my head.

There is
Something
Waiting
For
Me
In the
Darkest
Part of my
Imagination


My thoughts are Interrupted by Donghyun calling from upstairs, I don't know what he says but I hear something about food.

 

Donghyun POV

Good grief it's been a long week. I'm glad Mory is safe though, at least here we can keep a watchful eye on her until further notice.

"Guys I said there's salad on the table!" I call up once more to everyone. Sheesh, do they all have ear plugs in today?

I sigh and put a couple patties on the grill, and walk back inside. It might be a little chilly still for BBQing - that is for humans. I check the fridge for condiments. remembering that I need to go shopping later. The ketchup bottle is half empty, the mayo is empty, the mustard is three quarters finished and the relish is in the same boat as the ketchup. I chop up some more veggies and that's about all I can, people would think, walking into this fancy home that we just have gourmet food at our fingertips. Well I wish, but what can you do? This house isn't even ours, it was given to us by a friend who wanted a few landmark homes around the country, so technically it's there's and we offer free hospitality when they show up.

I look around to see that no one has succeeded to getting salad. I am just about to go bug people when I see Kwang Min jogging down the stairs, thank god for someone!

I open my mouth to speak but close it when I see Kwang Min's attention is occupied by his electronic device. It takes me a few waves by the face to get his attention.

"Can you go get your brother? Or someone else, I feel like a mother trying to get her children to eat their vegetables." I say once he takes his ear buds out.

"That's 'cause you are like a mother trying to get us to eat our vegetables." Looking back at his device, he grabs a handful of chips and retreats back upstairs. So much for that.

I take the burgers off the grill and go up to get everyone, you want something done right, you have to do it yourself and be flexible.


Minwoo POV

I spend all of dinner staring at Mory, I do eat but I put my focus on her. I guess you could say I want to read her thoughts, or just read her. I really want my mate to be happy, after all I just persuaded her to leave everything behind and start a new life with my pack and me.

After eating, the two of use go upstairs and cuddle on the bed. Mory's head on my shoulder, my arms around her, we fit together perfectly, as if the night was a jigsaw puzzle and we were two of the pieces.

Mory and I decide to go to sleep early, I can't say we have a busy day tomorrow but today was pretty long in itself. I have a plan for tomorrow, one of the first stops in Mory's new life with me, she'll need her energy.

 

[A/N: okay, so I had some spare time today so here is the rest of the chapter! You lucky ducks, I thought you were going to have to wait longer]