Fin

Kagerou Days

A/N: I suggest you listen to Kagerou Days while reading this. It really sets the mood lol and I can't link it coz I'm using my phone to update so yeah.

 

So let us begin this story like how most primary school kids do. It was a bright and hot midsummer day. Well at least it felt like midsummer. 12.30pm on August 15, what more could be said about the sweltering heat that was suffocating him?

Luhan wiped the perspiration forming on his forehead off with a piece of tissue paper and threw it to join the mountain of used tissue papers formed overflowing out of waste paper basket. The heat was absolutely unbearable. Seriously how was his extremely furry persian cat able to survive this, he thought as he petted the lazy cat sitting on his lap.

He would have turned the air conditioner on if his parents bothered to even buy one. They were ancient people that gave the excuse of being "environmentally friendly" and bought a ceiling fan instead.

Like that was any use to him in that heat.

"Hyung, do you have any sunblock? I'm going to the beach with my Kai oppa today!" Sehun said gayly as he skipped into the room and rummaged through Luhan's drawers.

"Eww gosh 'oppa' are for girls brother. Don't tell me you bottom?" Luhan gawked and grabbed the bottle from his dresser and threw it at Sehun.

"At least I'm not an eternal bottom. Heck even that Baozi tops you. All the time." Sehun retaliated and caught the flying bottle from the edge of his fingertips.

"Why do you want to go the beach today, it's so hot. I hate summer." Luhan pouted and wiped his perspiration. The persian coughed and spat a furball onto Luhan's shirt, making him jump up with a yelp.

Up up high in the clouds, the Summer Spirit called Kim Jongdae looked down onto earth and frowned at the kid. Another hater of summer eh?

"Yixing!" he yelled and his assistant appeared by his side almost instantly.

"Trap the kid and his friend there in a time loop. That'll teach them a lesson for hating summer." he commanded and Yixing flew off towards the Time Loop department.

Said cat jumped off Luhan's lap and ran out of the room. Luhan continued shrieking. Sehun dropped the bottle of sunblock and rolled his eyes as he went to get his brother's beloved kitty.

Luhan stood and stared at the liquid pouring out of the bottle slowly. Something was about to happen, he could feel it. He ran out of his room and down the steps to the main door.

The traffic light outside their door turned red and the screeching sound of a truck knocked down a tall figure. There was a scream and Luhan ran towards it. The blood spread over the white cottony material of Sehun's shirt.

Luhan held his hand up to see the stain of Sehun's blood on his fingertips and they started trembling badly. The metallic smell of blood lingered in the air with the smell of Sehun's favourite cologne.

With a wail Luhan buried his face into Sehun's bloody chest, holding onto him tightly and the world went black around him and the cicadas voices in a distant lake drowned out into the darkness.

-

Luhan blinked his eyes and found himself wrapped in the soft confines of his bed before he realised it was bloody hot and he was practically drowning in his perspiration. The covers were kicked off and he grabbed the hello kitty digital alarm clock sitting on his bedside table.

12.03am, August 15

But wait, didn't he fall asleep in the afternoon on August 15? The cicadas sounds were still ringing in his ear and he shook his head. Must be the heat messing with his brain.

A switch clicked in his brain and the dream from last night replayed itself and Luhan fell asleep once again...

-

"Why do you want to go to the park today, it's so hot. I hate summer." Luhan whined while being dragged behind Sehun by the arm.

"Kai just wants to bring me out on a date but it'd be awkward if we were alone." Sehun replied and took a step out of the school gates.

The elder brother had no choice but to comply to his brother's demands. The day was hot, the sun rays burning his delicate skin. He shrieked and pulled out his umbrella, not caring that his brother had switched it with their younger sister's Princess Aurora one.

Luhan sat underneath a tree as he watched the two lovebirds playing on the swings. A few kids watched them in disappointment as the two kept laughing and squealing.

Maybe squealing wasn't the right word but it was the closest Luhan could get to describe what the two of them were doing. Was he like that back in his prime?

"Well I think I want to go home for today," Sehun said to Kai after rounds and rounds of playing and smooching behind bushes. "Luhan's most probably dying of boredom."

Sehun ran over and shook the sleeping beauty up. He stretched his arms got up, smiling at the younger. They got to the entrance of the park and split ways with Kai that went off to pick his younger sister up from the childcare centre.

Luhan felt a breeze and the image of a metal pole falling from a crane flashed before his eyes. Something bad was going to happen. He could feel it. With a jerk, he shot up in his bed and looked at the time.

6.45am, August 15

"Hyung! I didn't do my History homework and Mr Kim is going to kill me if I ask for another extension!" Sehun wailed as he jumped onto his brother's bed.

"Hey get off my bed!" Luhan shouted and kicked the younger off.

Wasn't yesterday August 15?

"So hyung please please don't tell mom I'm skipping summer school today!" Sehun begged with his hands clutched together into a ball in front of his chest. Probably attempting to look cute in the process too.

"If you're skipping then I'm following." his lips moved against his accord and he gasped, trying to change his reply but to no avail. Sehun was busy jumping about and screaming 'Thank You's to him before running out of the room to prepare breakfast for the both of them.

Luhan sighed and trudged towards the bathroom to take a quick shower. He was greeted by waffles and strawberries later on, a great difference to the usual peanut butter bread prepared for him. Sehun smiled throughout breakfast and even cleared the dishes after that. Their mom stared at him weirdly when he took the sponge from her and started scrubbing the plates but brushed it off as maturity finally coming to her son's head.

They met Kai along the way, Sehun having told him earlier that he was skipping school for the day and he wanted to tag along. Together the trio boarded a bus going against the flow of traffic and the working adults wondered why three kids were taking the bus going in the opposite direction of their school.

"Lets go to the park!" Kai suggested and Luhan felt as if he got punched in the stomach.

A metal pole fell from the sky and pierced through someone's body. He could see it was a student but he couldn't recognise who. The student was tall and skinny with a blue backpack on his back. The blood splattered everywhere and the kid smiled weakly.

"Luhan, are you okay?" Kai asked when he saw the kid standing in the bus silently with his eyes shut tightly.

"I-I'm fine," he managed to stutter.

His worries dissipated when they stepped into the park and played with a bunch of stray cats. Halfway through, a black siamese jumped onto his lap and Luhan blinked as it stared at him with those sharp unwavering eyes. The other cats ran away from him and Sehun started laughing.

"Looks like cats have enemies too!" The cat ran off and Sehun ran to get it. Something clicked in his brain and he ran after Sehun, stopping him right before the traffic light and a truck zoomed past them.

"Whew, thanks hyung!" Sehun breathed out and there was a shriek in the distance.

The people stared into the air and Luhan saw a metal pole coming loose from the crane's clutches. He stared at Sehun and realised there was a blue backpack on him.

"Oh no no, it can't be Sehun." he thought frantically as he watched the metal pole flying down and piercing through Sehun's body.

The blood splattered everywhere and Luhan touched his face, looking at the crimson liquid on his fingertips. The screams of people around him went silent, the sounds of noisy birds were gone, he could only hear his brother talking.

"Hey hyung, wasn't I dead yesterday?" he joked and his head touched the ground.

12.30pm, Oh Sehun pronounced dead.

A breeze was felt and Luhan fell to the ground.

-

The hello kitty alarm clock wailed again and Luhan slammed his hand on it, making it shut up instantly.

6.05am, August 15

He peeped out of his room and saw Sehun walking into the bathroom. Luhan ran back to his bed and screamed into the pillow. It was going on for too long already. He still looked 18 and he was supposed to be 37.

"What did I do to deserve this treatment!" he cried and cursed the summer heat once again.

Up in the skies, Chen was laughing at his pitiful state. Yixing stood by his side, solemnly looking at the poor boy. "Don't you think it's been long enough?" he asked Chen.

"Haters of summer should learn to enjoy it!" Chen said happily as he saw Luhan trying to save Sehun from falling down the flight of stairs.

"You do know that Luhan's dating Xiumin the wind spirit, don't you?" Yixing said as Luhan fainted once again.

"He is?!" Chen shrieked and jumped out of his chair. "He never told me that!"

"Because if he did you'd probably tell on him. Have you forgotten element spirits aren't supposed to date mortals?"

"Oh that yeah. Come on it's been centuries since I became a summer spirit, how am I supposed to remember?"

"Xiumin's been sending lots of hurricanes lately because he can't find Luhan anymore. And that's because you trapped them in a time loop." Yixing glared at Chen and Chen gulped.

"Whatever, like I care about mortals." he said indifferently.

"You were a mortal too once, too bad Junmyeon got trapped in the time loop."

"Shut up or you're going back down to earth trapped in a time loop."

-

"Hyung, why do I keep dying everyday but wake up alive on the next?" Sehun cried into his brother's chest one morning. "Dying hurts."

"I don't know Sehun, it hurts seeing you die too."

They got ready for school and dragged their feet out of the door. Their mom waved happily to them and they smiled back weakly. If they weren't stuck as teenagers their mom would probably be saying,"Have a good day at work okay!" instead of,"Come back home immediately after school alright!"

The traffic light turned red and Sehun stared at the helpless bird on the road. It hopped on one foot and Sehun realised it's other foot was missing. He could see the truck coming but he could see the bird chirping madly as if it didn't want to die. Sehun knew he was going to die sooner or later that day so he took at step onto the road towards the road.

Luhan saw the image of a truck knocking down a kid with a red backpack on. Sehun was using a red one today. He was tired of the loop, Sehun kept dying and he kept surviving. Without thinking, he pushed Sehun that was picking the bird up and got hit by the truck.

Chen's eyes bulged when he saw Luhan dying instead of Sehun. Yixing stood inside the Time Loop department and smiled as he pressed 'Alternate'. If they couldn't get removed from the permanent loop then might as well reverse the roles.

Sehun gasped and watched as Luhan laid on the floor, smiling weakly as he held his hand up to Sehun. Sehun grasped onto it and shook Luhan's body vigorously.

"No no, hyung you can't die! It was supposed to be me!" he cried as Luhan's eyes slowly began to shut.

"Sehun..." he croaked. "I tried to break the loop. Let's hope it works." and with that he closed his eyes.

Sehun roared as Luhan gave his final breath underneath the blazing heat and he fell to the ground too.

-

7.25am, August 15

The hello kitty alarm was shifted to Sehun's room. Sehun hugged the persian cat and fanned himself with a newspaper.

"It didn't work again." he said and the cat jumped off his lap.

 

Author's Note: Okay I swear this fanfics is just weird lol, i hope you guys understand this.