New friends and no goodbye?

The Road to Stardom

It's officially been a week since the group's first monthly evaluation. After what seemed  to be the scariest stage for them they decided to celebrate. All of them went out with their families and friends to a restaurant and YG agreed that they should get a day off. So everyone went their own ways and spent time by themselves, with their family, with friends, or stayed home and slept. After a week YG has announced that he has the results of their first evaluation. He was in the dance studio with them and applauded them all on such a great performance. He soon started reading compliments and advice from the staff and artist who were watching to each member. At the end of everything, everyone was relieved to hear such nice things. But, YG then called Sohyun to his office with him. As soon as she left the rest of the members started worrying. 

Ailee: But she composed her own song! And choreographed it herself.
Kai: She also had some good compliments from the subaes.
Changmin: You're all taking this a bit too seriously. What if it's for something other than leaving the group?
Hyomin: What if she's gonna be in another group? Or a soloist?
Jinyoung: I just hope they won't let her go so easily. She's got a lot of talent and potential if they drop her then that's a huge loss.
Kai: True. If she were to leave I hope it's because they're transferring her to another group. 

After a long and deep talk about Sohyun they had to move on to dance practice. 

Ailee's POV:

What's taking them so long? Maybe she was kicked out of the group and they said she can't say goodbye to us?! Oh no....Lee Ye Jin! Pull yourself together! You already knew that some of your members would have to leave and new ones would come in. I tried so hard to focus on this new dance step but I couldn't. There were too many thought running through my mind. The fact that she could leave us is finally making me realize that I really will not debut with the same people. I thought we would be different and stay together forever but I guess that might not happen. 

Teacher: LEE YE JIN! Fine do the dance yourself! What we just learned! *walks up to me* You need to pay attention. How are you gonna be like when you debut and have to learn five or more new and difficult dance numbers? Will you just stand and stare off in space like a dummy? 

Ailee: I'm sorry *bows* I'll work harder.

Teacher: Good. Now come with me. You're standing next to me in the front so I can make sure you're paying attention. From the top again!

And just like that I stopped thinking of Sohyun and back to practice again. 

Kai's POV:

It was currently 11PM And it's the end of practice, but still no sign of Sohyun coming back to us. Nahh I shouldn't worry so much. I gotta practice on my dance. Dance helps me relieve stress and that's exactly what I needed. I looked through my Ipod and connected it to the speaker. I started dancing to this dub step remix. 

http://youtu.be/9zw9kGJSNyY

I decided to continue practicing until it was already 1AM. I dragged my tired body out of the studio and headed home wondering what tomorrow would be like. 

The Next Day: No one's POV:

It was currently 10AM and YG had announced all the members to his office. Still, there was no Sohyun. All members even called her but she never picked up. They figured their questions would be answered now by YG himself. As they entered the office they saw a new girl and boy sitting on another couch as well. 

YG: As you all saw yesterday I had to talk to Sohyun alone. You probably had no contact with her whatsoever, I'm hoping. Well, the reason is....I'm sorry. But, Sohyun did not pass the examination.

All the members: WHAT?!

Hyomin: Sir.. with all due respect Sohyun worked hard for that examination!
YG: Yes I know. You all worked equally hard. So does every person on this planet who have a dream. 
Jinyoung: But, she even composed the song herself.
YG: Yes, I know that too. The song was great, however the delivery wasn't as great. 
Hyomin: You've gotta be kidding me *Ailee and Jinyoung pull Hyomin down and shush her*
YG: Will you please let me finish before you start yelling?
Hyomin: Jesohamnida. *Bows*
YG: Sohyun hasn't been completely thrown away. I can see she has great potential. That is why she is now training for a different group. She is training with four other girls to form a new girl group. I'm sorry I didn't allow her to tell you all goodbye. I figured that if I did then it would affect your practice for the rest of the day. So, don't let this affect your rehearsals. 
Everyone: Ne...
YG: With that said I have some news to share. *Gestures for the two new people to stand up* These two will also be training along with you. Please treat them well. I know it's late but like I said in our first meeting, you won't debut with the same people. So please introduce yourselves....

???: Annyeonghaseyo I'm Lee Chaerin or you can call me CL for short. My main specialty is rapping and dancing. Nice to meet you all. I'll work hard!
 

???: Annyeonghaseyo I'm Jiyong but you can call me GD for short. My main specialty is rapping and song composing. I promise to always work hard!

YG: So I'll leave you all to move on to your practice. Help the new members if ever they need any! Remember you're all a team so you have to help each other! You're all dismissed. 

Changmin's POV: 

Woah that was some meeting. Announcement of our friend leaving them the welcome of two new members. Hopefully they're nice and funny. Anyways we should all get to know each other during lunch! 

Changmin: Hey guys! We should all have lunch together to get to know the new members! 
Ailee: Yea welcome GD and CL! Your nicknames are cool! 
Kai: We can talk later but let's get to practice first. *looks at GD and CL* Do you both know where to go?
CL: Umm......??
Hyomin: What? Can't speak Korean and you're in our group?
CL: *looks guilty* Jesohamnida....
Jinyoung: Stop it Hyomin c'mon I'll walk you to your practice room.
Ailee: Sorry about that. She's just so surprised by the news that's all. 
CL: Sorry.. well my practice is in music room #3 
Ailee: Next to mine c'mon! I'll take you! *drags CL with her*
Kai: What about you GD?
GD: Recording studio #2
Changmin: That's next to mine! I'll take you! See you later Kai!

I decided to say something to break the awkward silence. But, what should we talk about? I know!

Changmin: So...What grade are you in?
GD: I was a Junior. I'm 16 years old. 
Changmin: And you like song composing?
GD: Yea I've been doing it since I was in 5th grade. With a lot more practice I improved. 
Changmin: That's cool! Can't wait to hear one of your songs! 
GD: Thanks. So what about you?
Changmin: My name is Changmin. I was a senior and I'm currently 18. So I'm your hyung
GD: Oh! Annyeonghasey Changmin hyung *bows*
Changmin: Don't have to be so formal. We're gonna be friends from now on arasso?
GD: Okay! 
 

After I showed him his room I went in mine. After singing Jason Mraz's song "I won't give up" numerous times I took a short break. Why didn't I see GD that much around school? There aren't many students who attend. Maybe he's one of those people who's alone and focuses on his music most of the time. Oh! I know him! He's the guy with that awesome rap during auditions! 

1 hour later...

FINALLY!! time for my food! I was thinking about going to the cafeteria until I remembered GD was just next door. He probably needs help finding his way to the cafe. I looked through the door and saw him alone sitting with a guitar and with a paper and pencil next to him. That's when I got this great idea of everyone eating lunch in the studio. I ran to the cafeteria to see all the other members talking. 

Changmin: Guys!
Hyomin: And girls! 
Changmin: Whatever. Guys and girls!
Ailee: What? 
Changmin: I just saw GD working in the studio alone why don't we all eat together in there and help him out! It's a great way of getting closer! 
Kai: I can get his food! 
Changmin: I'll go with you since I have to get mine too. You all go on ahead we'll meet you there.
Jinyoung: Alright see ya soon. Studio #2 right?
Changmin: yea
 

As I saw the other members head to the studio I went to the food line with Kai. 
Kai: How was practice?
Changmin: It was fun. Sang "I won't give up"
Kai: Hey I love that song! So GD was working on music.
Changmin: Yup he told me he's been composing since the 5th grade
Kai: Damn. I can't wait to hear then! Maybe I could come up with a dance for the song!
Changmin: *grabs plate food* How was Hyomin and CL?
Kai: She apologized. It's just that Hyo and Sohyun were close so she felt as if CL might be here to replace her. But, as they got to know each other they became friends. CL Even did a freestyle rap for us. She's jjang!
Changmin: Good to hear :)
Kai: Hyung you know you really feel like someone who could be a leader. 
Changmin: Really? 
Kai: Yup anyways we're here! Oh look they're all eating together already. 
Changmin: Hey everyone!
Jinyong: You gotta listen to GD's song it's amazing!
GD: Thanks but it's not finished yet soo..
Hyomin: Not finished yet and it already sounds like a No.1 song!
Kai: Ohhh!! Play it! I've always wanted to hear one of your composed songs! 
GD: Okay okay

Changmin: Jiyong! That's amazing!
CL: Hahaha why'd you call him by his real name?
Changmin: I'm his hyung so I can do whatever I want :)
GD: Hahaha thanks hyung
Kai: Man! I already know what to do with this song!
GD: What, a dance?
Kai: What about a dance video? Post it on youtube. 
Changmin: Okay but wouldn't Mr. YG want us to stay a secret?
Kai: We can ask for permission. This could help us to make a name for ourselves before debuting! I only need three people though. I was thinking GD, me, and CL. Give the newbies a chance. 
Ailee: I for one am excited to see the result
Hyomin: Me too
Jinyoung: I am also!
Changmin: Alright then let's ask tomorrow :) For now it's time for our first group practice with the newbies :)

Sorry Everyone but, Sohyun is out of this new group. She'll be debuting in a different girl group :) Not making any new story about that but she's out. Who's next? Welcome CL and GD! Can't wait to see their upcoming dance video right? How will that play out?