First Evaluation

The Road to Stardom

It's been almost a month since the six trainees started their training in Stardom Entertainment building. For the past weeks they've been improving on their singing, dancing and rapping. They've also picked up a lot on acting. But, by tomorrow it's time for their first monthly evaluation. Over the past weeks things have been happening between the trainees too. It seems like Hyomin and Jinyoung are officially a thing. He told her he loved her while walking on the Banpo bridge with Hyomin (In my opinion perfect place to confess especially at night when the colorful waters comes out). Kai and Changmin have also become besties along with Ailee and Sohyun. Things started to calm down a little between Ailee and Hyomin but there are the occasional scary atmosphere around them. At the moment it's 7PM and they were all together for whole group dance practice. Each week they master a new choreography, for this week they were working on...

 

They had finally mastered the dance and were taking a break before running through it again but without the mirror this time and in front of a camera (Some people like to film the practice to see how much they've improved). 

Changmin: Guys it's almost time for our monthly evaluation
Jinyoung: I know....what if one of us gets dropped?
Sohyun: Yah! Oppa! Don't say things like that. In times like these we gotta think positive!
Hyomin: But, he is right....what if that happens? 
Kai: Then that person will leave and we just continue on
Ailee: You mean you just forget the person and everything you've been through with them?
Kai: We all knew this road wasn't gonna be easy. Mr. YG even warned us ahead of time. Dreams are never easy to catch. They require a lot of patience and perserverence. 
Changmin: Kai's right. Whatever happens we'll still be friends and the memories we made together will never be forgotten but we gotta keep working and moving on if we want to be on that stage. 

After their 10 minutes were up they practiced their dance again. Once it was 10:20 PM Everyone went their seperate ways and did their individual practicing for the evaluation. Kai and Changmin decided to perform together for their monthly evaluation. Everyone else are doing solos. Ailee went in the music room to practice her singing but to her surprise Hyomin was there too. 

Ailee: Oh hey Hyomin
Hyomin: Are you practicing in here?
Ailee: Yea sorry I can go in another room if you want.
Hyomin: No stay I'll go. By the way Ailee...you still act like you're scared of me. 
Ailee: Hmm?
Hyomin: I know what I did to you these past years have been....mean...but if we're gonna be in a group together we gotta become friends. Maybe even like sisters? Like old times
Ailee: You wanna be my friend again? Hyomin that's all I ever wanted. For you, me, Min, and Hyo to be friends again. Ever since Hyo left to be in SNSD you stopped treating us like friends. Instead we became your enemies for some reason. 
Hyomin: I know....But, I did it for a reason. When I was friends with you guys I felt so...talentless. Hyo and Min are amazing dancers. Hyo can rap really good and you can sing so beautifully. But, what could I do? 
Ailee: What do you mean? You're talented! You made it in this group!
Hyomin: Yea but when I think about it..if I stayed friends with you..... *sigh* then I never would've made it this far. Good luck with your evaluation. 

Ailee's POV:

What? First she says she wants to be friends like old times then she tells me if we stayed friends then she would never be as talented as she is now? This doesn't make any sense. Did I do something wrong back then? Did I hurt her? No, Ailee she's probably saying that just to throw you off guard. You gotta focus and pass that evaluation! Good luck to you too Hyomin.

Changmin's POV:

"Let's run through it again"

Kai: Arasso video tape this one then can we go out and eat together?
Changmin: Fine but we gotta come in early tomorrow to practice before the evaluation. 
Kai: What time? It starts at 8AM
Changmin: Actually why don't we just sleep in here overnight?
Kai: Eh?!
Changmin: After we get something to eat then we come back here and sleep. We all did buy sleeping bags just in case something like this would happen. 
Kai: You're lucky I always bring extra clothes with me.
Changmin: Okay c'mon! Let's get to work!

Jinyoung's POV:

Alright I gotta do this song correctly. I think this song does sound good with my hip hop remix in it. Hopefully Mr. YG will think so too. Oh Gosh I heard that other music artists are gonna be watching too! Pull yourself together! You can do it!

As I was calming myself down I decided to runthrough it again before leaving to go back home. 

It's tomorrow....my first evaluation...

Sohyun's POV:

I've always been doubting myself. If I was bad then why were you handpicked by Mr. YG to be in this upcoming group? Now is not the time to doubt yourself. Instead, find that courage and give this evaluation your all. You can do it! It's tomorrow so keep working hard!

Nobody's POV:

7:30 AM All six trainees were already warming up and stretching together. They could see through the see through door that the dance studio they normally practiced in was full of people on one side. And not just a room of "people" they were music composers, choreographers, their trainers, Big Bang (GD isn't part of them in this story), BoA, SNSD, Teen Top, Mr. YG, and even their parents. All of them waiting in anticipation to see the new rising talent that'll be shown to the world. Each of the members were getting more nervous and anxious as the minutes ticked by. By 7:50 Changmin called them together.

Changmin: Alright guys circle *everyone gathers in a circle with their arms around each other* Just wanna say that we've already improved so much. Now is not the time to let your nervousness get the best of you. It's time to show them how much hard work we've put in for this. This is our moment so don't think and just feel that beat. Dance, sing, and rap your heart out. We got this hands in! *they all put their hands in* 1 2 3 Fighting! 

Mr. YG: Are you all ready?

Changmin: Ne 

Mr. YG: Okay come along 

Mr. YG lead them inside the dance studio full of people. It fell silent as soon as the door opened and they entered. All eyes were on the six trainees as they lined up in a straight row in front of everyone. This has probably got to be the most scariest stage to be on for them. A room full of talented people who will be judging them. This is one of those you go hard or go home moments. Everyone knew that and the atmosphere started to become more intense. 

Mr. YG: Yes welcome everyone to the first monthly evaluation for Stardom's upcoming new group. This is very special because this will be our first co-ed group so we're excited to see the different styles and talents they'll bring into this group. Without further a do let's begin. Now when you come up please state your name and what you'll be doing. Okay fighting! First we'll have Jinyoung. Trainees please sit down on the left side of the room and cheer for Jinyoung! 

Jinyoung's POV:

Why am I first?! Shoot okay Changmin hyung is right though. You can do it Jinyoung. I looked up at the audience and saw all the famous music artists, composers, choreographers, Mr. YG, and my Mom and brother. Looking to my left I see my friends who are giving me thumbs up and fighting signs. Don't think about it too much. 

Hyomin: Jinyoung Fighting!
Jinyoung: Gomawo

Jinyoung: Annyeonghaseyo Jinyoung imnida. I'll be performing my version of "Wait a minute" Please enjoy. 


 

As I finished my song I could hear my members cheers and clapping then the rest of the room clapped too. I looked up and saw my mom and brother's smiling faces. Man, this feels amazing. 

Mr. YG: Very well done Jinyoung! *pats back* you definitely improved a lot. Very different then what I saw at your auditions! Good job

Hyomin's POV:

Jinyoung did amazing of course :) I'm so proud of him! 

Hyomin: Hey good job *high fives Jinyoung*

Mr. YG Now next up we have.....Ailee! 

Ailee Fighting. Good luck. I kept watching her walk to the center of the studio and introduced herself.

Ailee: Annyeonghaseyo Ailee imnida. I'll be performing "I will always love you". 

Sohyun: Hwaiting Unnie!
Kai: Woohoo!
........
Hyomin: Go Ailee!

 

Ailee's POV:

After my introduction I heard my members cheers. Then suddenly....Hyomin's voice. Was she actually cheering for me? I looked at her and saw her smiling at me.  That was sweet of her. I looked up saw my parents who were holding hands and smiling at me. That was enough to make me feel strong.

Silence again. Oh snap did I mess up? Was I too confident and make a mistake? But, then I heard Hyomin scream my name and soon my members and everyone else clapping. Whew I did it! Then I did what back then would've been crazy but I ran and hugged Hyomin who surprisingly hugged me back and tighter. I could tell by my members faces that they were confused but I didn't care. I got my friend back. 

Mr. YG: Wasn't that spectacular!? Now next up we have....Changmin and Kai!

Then I felt Jinyoung pat my shoulder with a sad looking face

Jinyoung: Ailee now you made me look like a fool! Aishhh *hugs Ailee*
Ailee" What are you talking about you looked like a grammy hip hop performer!

I looked up and saw the nervous faces of changmin and Kai as they introduced themselves. Lucky that's over for me now. 

Changmin: Annyeonghaseyo Changmin imnida
Kai: Annyeonghaseyo Kai imnida
Changmin: We'll be performing "Catch Me" 

Kai's POV:

Okay all that hard work will be shown now. You can do it! 

Yunho as Kai and Changmin as himself

Sohyun: Kai's really improved on singing and rapping. Before he could only dance but now...wow!
Jinyoung: How are those high notes even normal for a human?!
Hyomin: Woohoo!! 
Ailee: Good job!

Mr. YG: Yes that was amazing boys you work well together. Maybe this is the rising of a sub unit within this group hmm? haha Well anyways next we have Sohyun!

Sohyun's POV:

Don't doubt yourself this time. LET'S GO ALL OUT! 

Sohyun: Annyeonghaseyo Sohyun imnida. I'll be performing a song I composed myself called "I'll back off" 

Hyuna's rap part is also done by Sohyun. 

Mr. YG: Yes, that was a very touching song and your performance had so much feeling good job :) Last but not least is Hyomin! 

Hyomin's POV:

Why last? That's the scariest one! Relax you'll be fine. 

Ailee: Hyomin Hwaiting!
Jinyoung: You can do it!

My mom is actually here? Wow. 

Mr. YG: Wasn't that just an amzing performance! well it's obvious that you all have worked hard for this evaluation and to improve yourselves. Tomorrow you will have your first meeting with your mentors SNSD Taeyon, Big Bang Taeyang, BoA, and Big Bang TOP. They will tell you the results of today's evaluation. In other words, who's in and who's out. Thank you everyone for coming out and we hoped you enjoyed today's show!

 

OHHHHHHH Did somebody fail the evaluation? How will the six trainees react?