Prologue

Young Girl Meets Love

“Umma” A little girl with two pigtails ran towards a woman in her late twenty’s

“Hi, dear. How’s school?” The woman crouched down to the girl’s level.

“I got a perfect score at our English exam” The little said with full energy.

“Really? That’s great. Say, do you want a reward for that?”

“A reward?”

“Yep. We’ll drop by the toy store before we go home”

“Yay!” The little girl started jumping up and down. Her mother chuckled at her daughter.

“Come on” The woman rise and offered her hand to her daughter.

They walked hand in hand towards the toy shop. It didn’t take them long to arrive at the shop. They entered it and the woman let her choose what toy she wants.

“Umma, I wan’t this” She pointed at a multicolored ball

“You like that?” She nodded. “Do you want any other color?” She shook her head “Alright. I’ll pay for this” The mother reached for the ball and walked towards the counter. After paying, she gave the ball, right away, to her daughter and went outside.

“Ah, I almost forgot. I need to buy some ingredients for our dinner. Do you want to go with me inside the supermarket?”

“I don’t want to. There are too many people there. I’ll just stay here outside”

“Alright but be careful, okay? I won’t take long” The woman went inside the supermarket that is beside the toy shop.

The little girl started playing with her new ball. She was lost in her own world. She let the ball bounce high and catches it before it will hit the ground. While playing, a couple of boys ran towards her and one bump into her, making the ball slip from her hands and roll towards the middle of the street.

“My ball!” The girl ran after her ball. She stopped at the middle of the street and picked up her ball. At that moment, her mother went out of the supermarket and saw her at the middle of the street and was about to call her when they heard loud honking sound. All the pedestrians look at the source of the sound.

*HONK HONK

A car is fast approaching the little girl. The girl looked at the car. She wanted to run away but her feet are glued at her spot. She could hear her mother screaming her name. When the car is only inches away from her, she shut tightly her eyes and awaits the impact. She waited and waited but she didn’t feel anything. She opened her eyes and realized that she’s already on the other side of the street.

“My daughter” She looked at her right and saw her mother running towards her. Her mother embraced her tightly. Her mother is sobbing. She loosens her mother’s hug and wiped her mother’s tears.

“Stop crying, mom” Her mother nodded. “Mom, how did I get here?”

“A young lady saved you”

“Young lady?”

“Yes. That’s her” Her mother pointed at the girl, wearing a high school uniform, who is walking away. The little girl ran towards the young woman and tugged her uniform. The woman stopped walking and looked at the person who tried to stop her.

“Thank you for saving me” The young woman crouch at the little girl’s level and lightly flicked her forehead. “Ouch”

“Next time, be careful, okay?” The woman rise and started to walk away.

The little girl didn’t get the chance to ask what her savior’s name is but she promise herself that one day, for sure, she will meet her again and ask for her name. She can easily distinguish her savior from everyone else because her savior has a pair of beautiful doe eyes.