Chapter 5

Forget-me-Not

Did I hear that right. Those four words. I took a step back. "Seohyun..." 

"Yes?" She replied not getting the situation. I started backing away from the door until I hit the wall. "You don't remember?"

"remember what?" 

"Me! I'm Krysat Jung!"

"I don't know who you are."

"But..." I was frustrated. I pulled out my necklace. "See this! It's the other half of the flower that's on you finger!"

"..." She just stared blankly. "Who are you and why do you have that?"

"I told you I'm krystal and we each got one half when we got lost remember?!" Seohyun shook her head. "I was told that if I have one that meant I made a vow. I don't even remember making a vow with you or you at all." I was hurt. Very hurt. "Seohyun...I'm sorry..." I took off running to my room. Why? Why does she not know me. She didn't even recognize the flower. 

Jessica

I saw krystal running probably to her room in record speed. Before I also heard her screaming about forgetting or something like that. "Is she ok?" Tiffany asked. I looked at her. She was looking at the direction where Krystal ran off to. "Why should you care?" I asked. 

"Because I'm afraid of something."

"of what?" I was curious. Tiffany just shook her head and looked away. "Tell me!" I said loudly. Suddenly Seohyun came into the room. She looked at us and the table with the food. "Unnie! You'll die if you eat that!" She said. Wait wha..."I'm not going to die seohyun." Tiffany replied. The younger girl shook her head. She grabbed a corn cob and set it on her plate. She's so healthy. I thought. I ate in silence. "Dosen't you sister want some?" The nerd asked. "Her own fault if she's gonna starve." I said. "It's my fault." Seohyun said. All eyes were on her. "I didn't mean too..."

"what do you mean?" I asked. It's been a while since Krystal acted like that so I was interested. I saw Tiffany pleading for some reason. 

"She told me she knew me but I have no clue who she was and I think I hurt her feelings. She had a necklace though..." 

"I knew it..." Tiffany said sighing. 

"What?" I asked. 

"This is why we were hesitant on moving here." Tiffany looked down. 

"Unnie! Tell me what is wrong!" 

"Nothing...Krystal might've mistakend you for a different person." Tiffany said. 

"But the necklace..."

"I'm pretty sure there's a lot that looks like that." Seohyun nodded. I was still unsatisfied. I wanted to get to the bottom of this. 

Tffany

i knew this was going to happen sooner or later. She was going to hurt somebody because of her memory loss. We stayed in America to avoid this whole entire problem. Now the problem came sooner that expected and even worse? Seems like that person(Krystal) was probably the most important person in her(Seohyun) life. I shook my head. Also to pile on top of that, they are going to see each other everyday. Doctors said she had little under 10% chance of remembering. It was still hope back then but after like 10 years and no progress? Not so much. 

I layed down on my bed, I took off my glasses and set them on the table. I wanted to sleep. My past I guess wasn't the most pleasent but held a lot of precious memories. My past huh? I haven't thought about it for sometime now. I looked at my glasses. My eyes weren't that bad. The reason for glasses is that they keep me a little away from reality. Practically my whole entire look helped me so that. To look into the mirror not finding me...I felt safe.

I dosed  off for quite some time now. I already finished all my HW before time. Getting up i was bored. I found seohyun sleeping.  How unusual...I looked at the clock. 3:13am. I take back what I said. Seohyun's perfectly usual and I'm not. Since I fell asleep early, I really didn't feel sleepy. I looked around the room. Though dark, the moon gave little light. The room was all pink and had totoro and keroro plushied all around. It was comfortable. I decided to take a small walk. I put on some sweatpants and an over sizes sweatshirt. I put on my glasses and put up my hood. I was walking down the stairs when I heard a soft whimper. It was from Krystal's room. I didn't know whether she was awake or dreaming. The door was slightly opened so I peaked in. She was clutching herself crying at the corner of her bed. "Tiffany?" She whispered. I was about to turn and leave when she said, "it's ok. You can come in." I walked back in quietly. "You ok?"

"no, I'm totally fine." She said using sarcasm. 

"Sorry sorry."

"it's alright." In the moonlight I saw her look up. "The moons pretty isn't it?" I nodded. She took out a necklace that was a sliver chain with half a blue flower on it. She was clutching it and gazing outside sadly. "Why..." She whispered. "Everything is like this. There's so many whys in my life! It's messed up..." I patted her back. "Life is always full of questions."

"why..." She said in a soft tone. "Why?!" She said louder. "She forgot! Everything! It had to be her! Same name, same look, and same flower...tell me unnie, why?!" She burst out crying in my arms. I wrapped it around her tightly. I copied what the old lady said, "only fate will decide if you will find the answers to the whys." I could feel her nod and then drift to sleep. 

I woke up realizing I was sleeping with krystal snuggled up in my arms. I remembered last night. Pain struck me. All the sad things that Krystal said. She had waited for her for more than half her life. More like 2/3rds of her like she was waiting never giving up hope. She's very strong. Krystal sat up suddenly bumping my chin causing my hood and glasses to fall. "I'm so sorry!" 

"It's fine." I said. Krystal handed my glasse to me. "They are pretty thin. I'm pretty sure you don't need glasses. Am I right?" She asked. I nodded. She had good observing skills. Much like seohyun..."why do you wear them then? Also the clothing choices. You look very pretty unnie. We should go shopping some time for some new clothes."

"I like them. It keeps me away from reality. Like a wall."

"oh...why?" I shrugged. "I just didn't like to stand out."

"your sure confident that you even will stand out." She teased I fun glared at her. She laughed. I started laughing to. "I wonder why my sister hates you so much. You're really kind. "

"I don't know." I shrugged. 

"youre like one of the few people unaffected by her glares. Also why do you always smile at her?"

"I think that inside of that cold shell is a warmer self. I've seen it a few times but I want to see more."

"You're also one of the few people to say that." I looked at the time. 4:45am. We barely slept after that talk. "I'm going to go back to my own room now krystal." She nodded. "Um...please don't tell anyone about this." I nodded and smiled. "See you!"

Krystal

unnie thank you! She's really really nice. My sister must be stupid to even think bad things about her. She was like the only one. The others treated her with respect and nicely. I also wonder if she's from some rich family. Her disguise makes her seem like one. I layed back down on my bed clutching the pillow. I looked at my hand finding an imprint from the necklace. I've been clutching it all night. I recall what Tiffany said about fate deciding. Hopefully fate like me. 

---

I didn't have any classes with seohyun or Tiffany. But me and Tiffany had been growing real close. Ever since that night, she'd always be my go to person on seohyun. Today was lucky though. Tiffany had gotten a schedule change. Her gym period moved into mine. So she was in my class kind of. She was in the same period but the older group. In the locker rooms we still hang out though or while doing all class activities. I wish my progress with seohyun was like this. But we made zero progress. We, well mostly me were still very awkward. I still swear that it's a her.  There's no doubt. Why? I can answer that. It's because my heart tells me so. 

**BTW i nvr go back and read much so pardon the mistakes. I have a week of tests this week. I'm 1/4th awake writing this. I'm going to hit the sack. Cya! (−_-)<zzz