Expectation

Mystery

Krystal Jung blankly stared at the paperworks in her hands. She put them down and started to massage her temple. Just looking at the papers will just gave more headaches, so much for being a Student Council, Krystal thought. She then turned to the window on her left and found the sun was about to set. After a quick glance at her watch, she packed up her things. As she was packing up, the door of the Student Council room slided open. Krystal turned and saw a tall and smartly dressed guy. 

"Still here? I thought you went back home already" he asked as he walked towards Krystal.

"Lots of work to be done, what brings you here?" Krystal asked to the guy standing in front of her.

"I was just passing by and I heard some rustling sounds in here so I came here to check it out, I thought there was an animal in here" he said. Krystal laughed. 

"You're so cute sometimes, Kang Minhyuk, you know that?" Krystal pinched his left cheek. 

"That hurts!" Minhyuk said as he touched his pinched cheek. He then saw a pile of paperworks on her desk and turned to Krystal.

​"You really should get a long rest" Minhyuk said. Krystal snapped at his words and turned at paperworks. She let out a sigh.

"I wish I could but you know who I am, right? It's my duty" Krystal continued to pack her things.

"No, it's just, kind of painful to see you like this, working till late evening, became the last person to leave the school and the first one to arrive, aren't you tired?" Minhyuk asked. 

"I'm fine, really! No worries, okay?" she smiled a bit.

"I am but-"

"Let's just go home, okay? It's going to get dark in a minute" Krystal suggested.

"Oh, right, well let's get going then" Minhyuk said. Krystal and Minhyuk have been friends ever since they were little. Minhyuk could recall the day she met Krystal a few years back. Krystal's cat got stucked up in a tree and it will fall any moment. Minhyuk, on the other hand, was trying to catch his ball after over-kicking it and saw the girl, Krystal was in trouble.

"Is there something wrong?" Minhyuk asked.

"My..my cat.." Krystal wiped her tears.

"What's wrong with your cat?" Minhyuk tried to calm her down.

"She got stuck on a tree.." Krystal wiped her tears. 

"Which tree?" Minhyuk asked. Krystal then pointed at the branch of the tree in front of them and Krystal's cat just stayed put there. Minhyuk gulped as he saw the height of the tree, about triple of his height. He knew he was afraid of heights but in order to help the girl, he climbed up the tree. After struggling to climb up, it was pretty hard, for a kid. He then tried to reach the cat at the end of the branch.

"Meow~~"

"Come here little kittie, here kittie kittie~" Minhyuk tried to reach the cat but it kept moving away from him.

"No,no,no,no,no come here kittie, come here~" Minhyuk tried again. He was out of balance at the time but luckily he managed to stay put for a while. He then moved a bit closer to the cat and finally he managed to caught the cat. He then raised his arms up, holding the cat to show Krystal that he caught it, from the branch. Then suddenly Minhyuk lost balance and fell on to the ground, a loud bump sound was made. Krystal ran to him and found him with bruises on his face and arm but she found that her cat was safe in his cuddle. Minhyuk gave a bashful smile at Krystal as he saw Krystal in front of him.

"H..Here's your cat..sorry to kept you waiting" Minhyuk handed the cat to Krystal. 

"Thank you..umm.."

"Oh right I forgot, I'm Kang Minhyuk" Minhyuk smiled as he handed out his hand.

"Jung Soojung but you can call me Krystal" 

 

 

 

 

"...hyuk..hyuk..Minhyuk-ah!" Krystal waved her hand in front of his face.

"Ha? What?" Minhyuk snapped from his daydreaming.

"Are you listening to what I'm saying?" Krystal said. 

"Oh um..what were you saying?" Minhyuk said. Krystal frowned at his reply. 

"I was planning to go the public library this weekend with Sulli, you want to come?" Krystal asked.

"Oh, sorry I can't, there's soccer practice this weekend" Minhyuk replied. Krystal lightly sighed.

"Oh I see, that's unfortunate" They continued talking until they arrived at the Jung's. 

"See you tomorrow okay? I'll make sure I'll be the first one tomorrow" Minhyuk said as he pointed his index finger to his childhood friend. Krystal laughed.

"Well good luck with that!" Krystal waved Minhyuk goodbye.


The next morning came and it was a bit unfortunate for Minhyuk as Krystal was the first to arrive to school and Minhyuk got tardy for overslept. Krystal's class, 2-A, may be the best class for best students but more to hooligans as Krystal described it. She can't even differentiate which one is class 2-A with class 2-F. So much in common. 

Krystal went out from the 'overwhelming' class for some fresh air. Suddenly, she saw someone running in the hallways towards her. 

"Soojung-ah! I have something to tell you!" 

"Sulli-ah! You surprised me! You're lucky my heart didn't popped out!" Krystal exclaimed.

"Sorry about that, Principal Yang want to see you" Sulli said. Krystal then felt a small tightness in her stomach. 

"W-Why does he want to see me?" Krystal asked.

"I don't know about that but you better hurry he's waiting for you right now" Sulli slightly pushed Krystal.

Sigh...I wonder what is going to happen? Krystal thought.


Krystal took a deep breath and knocked on the door of the Principal's office. 

"Come in!"

Krystal turned the doorknob and entered the office. The office was no kidding, it really looks like a real boss' office in companies but one thing is that Principal Yang is the boss here.

"You wanted to see me, sir?" Krystal asked.

"Yes, and you are right on time, please have a seat" said Principal Yang. Krystal took a seat in front of his desk and tried to comfortize herself at her seat.

"I was informed that there will be a transferred student that will arrive tomorrow morning" Principal Yang said. Krystal was completely listening.

"I will assign you to be the student's official escorter" 

Krystal froze. "I bed your pardon?"

"I said I'm assigning you to be the transferred student's official escorter" the principal said again. 

"Umm..I don't fully understand, why do we need an escorter for a transferred student? And why did you chose me?" Krystal asked.

"As I heard that this transferred student is a bit...different from the others" said the principal. 

"Why is that? I have to recall that there is no such tradition in ths school about escorting a transferred student, there's got to be something wrong here" Krystal protested. The principal let out a sigh. 

"I know about the tradition but like I said, this student is a bit different, you are dismissed" said the principal.

 

After school, Krystal walked home with Sulli and she told everything what the principal said. "What?? An escorter? Why?"

"I don't know, this has never happened before" Krystal said.

"Well, that's a bit too far, don't you think? I mean, is the student a prince or from a noble family?" Sulli said.

"I don't know, it's just weird" Krystal said. Sulli turned to Krystal.

"When Principal said that there'll be a transferred student, I didn't even thought that he would assigned me being an escorter, I mean, who is this person?" Krystal said.

"Well, whoever this person is we'll found out tomorrow" Sulli said.

"You're right, I'll just get ready then!"

 

Transferred student, we're finally going to have a proper introduction.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/V: Finally! After a few hours, I finally finished the first chapter. I'm surpised to see a lot of responses after a few hours, I appreciate that very much, thank you! I kinda messed up a bit on this chapter but hoped you guys liked it. Thank you again! )