Summer

Hoarfrost

Summer- 

 

Chanyeol hated himself right now. He stared in the mirror and he hated the dyed brown hair. The black roots were starting to show and he hated how straight his teeth were. He hated the tired smile he always put on. From inside the warm bathroom, he could hear Baekhyun snoring from their bedroom. He in a breath and closed his eyes, concentrating on the sound of the water running from the tap and Baekhyun's rhythmic breathing. 

He loves Baekhyun.

Yixing was strumming on his guitar idly, his eyes looking even more droopy than they usually did. He took his seat next to Yixing, pulling the guitar strap over his head and securing his beautiful guitar in position. Yixing greeted him with a lazy smile and they both began their practice. 

Practice was excellent as usual, Yixing always knew exactly what he wanted their pace to be. The performance was scheduled to take place at the end of the year, in winter. And although Chanyeol did not know bigger procrastinators than Yixing and himself, they had since dedicated most of their free time to practicing. They were performing 4-5 songs, all self- composed and they called themselves EXODUS, deeming themselves the escape pill. 

 

Baekhyun's hands were small, smaller than Yixings. Chanyeol and Baekhyun walked around the mall on a weekend, holding hands. Baekhyun had wanted new shorts for summer and a new hoodie in preparation for the upcoming months of cold. Chanyeol had no objections to swinging their arms idly as they window shopped. 

Chanyeol had seated himself at a bench outside the clothing store Baekhyun had busied himself at. Chanyeol didn't care very much about what he wore, or how he looked in general. Ever since meeting Baekhyun, his wardrobe, which he now shared with Baekhyun, had taken a steep change. They went from comfortable, slightly embarrassing clothes, to smart- casual shirts and fitted jeans. 

He didn't necessarily have a problem with it, I mean, he had to admit,  the clothes made him look a lot better. 

 

Baekhyun was being harassed by a couple guys in the store. Chanyeol could see through the glass, pass the white mannequins and folded clothes. He stood immediately, rushing in and standing protectively in front of Baekhyun. He drew himself up to his maximum height and scrutinized the two guys who were still glancing at Baekhyun behind his back.

 

"What do you guys think you're doing?"

 

The both of them were tan, with piercing glares and hard jaws. The one with blond hair and dark eyes had started it. Then the boy with the pouted lips had simply followed his lead. They were just looking to mess around with people. Chanyeol fumed as they left, only a few minutes after he had intervened. How could they even think of harassing Baekhyun? He was much smaller compared to them, and his innocent features should have aided him too.

Chanyeol held onto Baekhyun's hand tightly as his other held onto the straps of the glossy paper bags. He knew Baekhyun wanted to say something right now, he kept glancing up at him but Chanyeol was too busy thinking about how anyone could have wanted to hurt Baekhyun.

 

He loves Baekhyun.