Autumn

Hoarfrost

Autumn-

The performance wouldn't be for a few more months but Chanyeol had insisted that they start putting in more time as soon as September ended. So Baekhyun found himself making journeys to the theatre more often and kissing Chanyeol's calloused fingers more and more every night after they turned off the lights. 

Chanyeol and Yixing sometimes spent their practices without Baekhyun as he would have classes while they practiced. Baekhyun didn't like having to say goodbye to Chanyeol, but he always let his kisses linger a little longer before he waved and watched his boyfriend walk away with a bounce in his step and his guitar slung over his shoulder. 

 

Yixing punched Chanyeol lightly on the shoulder as he missed his queue to start singing on their third song. Yixing glanced at Chanyeol as he whined. Their practices were a lot more relaxed, as of late. Chanyeol liked the fun, calm, yet quiet thrill that lay underneath the atmosphere between them. It was times like these that made Chanyeol feel glad to have chosen Yixing to do the performance with.

Baekhyun watched through the small window at the side of the stage. Chanyeol and Yixing were singing at the top of their lungs, their hands slapping at the strings as they reached the of a song. He loved how Chanyeol's eyes were shut and how wide his mouth opened. He looked blissful. Then, the spell was broken as they both ended the song together perfectly. Baekhyun kept himself hidden. Sometimes, he liked to watch Chanyeol without him knowing. He felt that there was always something different about this man he loved when he thought Baekhyun wasn't watching.  

 

Chanyeol laughed as they finished a song, their fingers slowing down and relaxing onto their laps as they took in breaths. He glanced at Yixing, who chuckled along with him. His eyes were crinkled and his mouth was parted slightly. Chanyeol leaned in and let his head fall on Yixing's firm shoulder as he continued to take in puffs of breaths.

 

The couch smelled like old books and faintly of Baekhyun's moisturizer. Chanyeol was at the practice room with Yixing at the moment and Baekhyun was home alone. He rarely spent time alone but as he lay with his feet propped up against the arm rest and the tassels of the bright blue cushion tickled his neck, he thought that maybe he should learn to get used to it. 

 

He lay against the hard wooden floor of the practice room. Sehun had previously been using it and he did not want to think about when the last time the floor was cleaned. Yixing was putting his guitar away in its hard case when he joined Chanyeol, handing him a bottle of water. Their fingers touched and Chanyeol looked up at Yixing under his eyelashes. The incandescent lights fanned out over Yixing body as he grinned and Chanyeol smiled before he whispered a thanks.

 

The noodles were hot, of course, but Baekhyun ignored the pain and continued stuffing them into his mouth with his chopsticks. His friend, his only other besides Chanyeol, who didn't even count as a friend, really, sat opposite him in their booth. Kris spoke with a slight lisp and he always spoke calmly, with a strong, confident tone. His lips were pink as he spoke, his hands gesturing wildly. Baekhyun laughed as he watched Kris tred to seduce the waitress as she left them their bill. Kris grumbled at Baekhyun, reminding him that he was paying for his dinner. 

 

Another night without Chanyeol. Baekyun flipped through the channels on the secondhand television set. His phone buzzed beside his head and he unlocked it and smiled slightly as he read the message from Kris.

It was just starting to get cold outside and Baekhyun hoped that Chanyeol had remembered to bring his coat.