Lorde Beginnings

Lorde

"My name is Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O'Connor ,I am a little Croatian a little bit Irish. But I am from New Zealand, my performance name is Lorde and that is a word i basically made it up.I like the word cruizing through aristocrat title.I like the word finically, visually and just throwing the 'e' to make it a little bit more femine.

New Zealand is really quite like pretty tamed coompared to the parts of America,i would say.Throughout my life i have been in the same suburb and surrounded by the ocean and runs like swims and goes fishing.

I just got music in a slow and relax way,i don't read music at all.You know play anything very well, I just always sing. It is something quite personally to me really.I acted since i was little kid and only did some music so like sad story and fiddle aroung with them.

When I was 12, my friend played a guitar and I sang a Duffy song called Work Avenue.Which I performed during the talent show.I just decided to do it like the weekend before and then I won the talent show.

I think I was 13 when I signed 12 and started working with the record company it was quite a slow process and differently develop into a work which i appreciate now.It never really occured to me to start writing song but I just messed around with it and it was hard in the beginning.The starting original was very bad, I think I just learn the craft and just take it away and write stuff down on my laptop.Then like sank into the garbage bag and just mess around.

The coolest thing I have ever done to my music is,when i got to play this festival.It was located in a grassland and it was for Frank Ocean.Ended up like pulling 15 thousand people which was like ridiculous consider that before i didn't play was like 300 people.