Lorde Influences

Lorde

  Her first exposure to music was through her parents.Her parent listen to the same type or things of records while she was growing up.She said when her dad sent her to sleep and she was unable to fall unsleep, and she would sleep to Mac when she was young.Rumours was a big one for her because she feel it was a perfect record out of all the records.She also talked about how she always has a lot of books around her home and she just read alot in her childhood.Not going out or do much but she would just be read the whole time day and night at home.

  Before she started writing song she used to write shell fiction and when she was taught by this guy, he read her first cover for the first time.He was a short story writer which was very minimal with his words by saying things in very vast ways.Which influenced her as she thinks that in songs, people don't have the time to put to much words or language in there.So she must be pertain,short and sharp in order to get the message across to her audience or viewers.

Some of her more recent influences in 2013, was SONH which he has a sort of feminie voice to it and CLOUDZ which is a simple singer,songwriter music and very honest that hits her nerves.Lastly which was A SET dimming from her reponse during her teenage years it was life changing and she one out of the many records that she loved most.

As she recorded her ablum she used to sing alot of different stuff, taking an education from different artists.When it comes to lyrics she writes about her friends and her life alot.Example those strange social situation and kind of uneasiness being at her age, she would feel those feelings or emotions.Also, she taught about lonleyness alot and fake and real friends while she was recording her music.

The guy she worked with on her music, named John Little which he brought more of the pop side into her music because he always comment on how her music would song like to other pop artists such as Prince and Michael Jackson.So she had to go back to research on it of what she had missed in her younger years , this to her was an educational process and influenced her too...