Part Two

The VP and his 36th Secretary

Hyun joong on the other hand, woke up as early as six in the morning, he drove his own car and went to the hospital. He stood for a couple of minutes in front of the door before opening it.

He found the old lady surrounded with apparatus. He came closer and  sat beside the patient. He’s been going in this hospital lately, the reason why he knew his secretary has been exhausted and tired.

The old lady woke up and asked immediately who he is. He just smiled and stand up to greet properly.

“I’m young saeng’s friend..he introduced..I’m sorry he’s in my house, he looks so tired so I let him rest..I came here in the presence of him..he added and soon the doctor came..

“mr. kim right?.. We just need your sign here so that we can transfer the patient to the operating room..the doctor said..

Hyun joong signed the waver..

“eommonim, you will have your second surgery. Don’t worry for everything. Don‘t worry about young saeng…hyun joong told her while holding both of the hands..

“but where did he get the money for the surgery?,, the old lady spoke..

“no worries,, I’ll handle everything,,hyun joong assured her..

Meanwhile, young saeng saw a note under his phone that was on the side table.

 

**you don’t have to go to work, I just went out, I’ll be back at lunch, wait for me, you can make your breakfast. I’ll get back and bring lunch. You can pick your change of clothes on my closet.

 

He smell himself and pout his lips. He opened the door size opening of the closet and saw varieties of clothes. Casual, formal, house clothes, etc. he formed an o-shape from his mouth and start to select. He went downstairs after laying his selected pair of clothes to the bed. He found bread and toasted it and made a glass of milk. He really felt weak lately but he had to be strong to make his work properly just until last night, he finally gave in and just rest.

He went up again and took his shower. He soak himself under the pouring warm water and cleaned himself. He walked to the living room after drying his hair, he felt bored.

It has three hours remaining before lunch and he has nothing to do. He switch on the TV and keeps on laying and sitting and laying and sitting again on the couch, rolling on the floor and change the tv channel many times. Until he didn’t notice the time flies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyun joong waited at the hospital until the surgery had finally completed. The old lady was now laid back but to a private room. Sleeping. He talked to the doctor and left the hospital.

He drove back heading to the house after dropping by the restaurant to buy some food for their lunch. It’s almost lunch time. He gets in the house and saw the man on the couch with a closed eyes, laid straight and hands on top of the stomach.

He walked closer, but since he walked silently, the boy didn’t notice him coming. Hyun joong bent down and peck him on the lips.

“mwoya!! Young saeng jumped in surprise.

“you’re sleeping again? Hyun joong muttered and puts down the pack of foods he bought.

“can I go home now? And where are my clothes? Why I’m wearing pajamas when I woke up?, did you changed my clothes? Young saeng questioned continuously..

“you can’t go home yet, your clothes is in the laundry, yes, I changed your clothes, I seen all of it already so why can’t I change your clothes..don’t worry I didn’t take advantage while you’re sleeping…hyun joong answered while opening the pack lunch..

“but~~ why can’t I go home, my mom is waiting for me..I should go now…young saeng insist..

“eat first then you can go… hyun joong heaved a deep breath looking at the boy..

Young saeng felt strange, the VP is strange, why he’s too caring for him?, a questioned, a very big questioned since he knew this man as a cold, snob, selfish and strict one.

They both ate but in silence. Young saeng stood up as soon as he finished the food. I’ll go after I cleaned this mess, he informed the man who just finish his food too. 

“can’t you stay, can’t you stay for a while? Do you really need to go? Hyun joong asked seriously.

“I can’t, my mom needs me. She’s waiting I’m sure..young saeng replied and begun to collect the trash and threw it on the trash bin in the kitchen.

Hyun joong really hates this kind of situation, he felt like he was being left again, he felt like he begged and never been granted. He never experience being happy ever since his mom died, and never experienced to have someone beside him.

“I’ll go sir,,thank you for the lunch and for letting me rest the whole night. Young saeng bowed and leave the house and the man who was still sitting and not moving in his seat..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Young saeng arrived at the hospital and proceeded to the ward where he left his mother, but no one is in the bed, he run to the information and asked.

“sir. She was transferred to the room 105..private rooms are in this direction sir..the nurse said and pointed the left hallway..

He was puzzled why his mom is in the private room. He walked in past pace to check quickly his mom and there he found her. The doctor and some nurse are there too, checking and fixing the apparatus and the patient.

“excuse me? He talked.

“owh Mr. Heo, you’re here finally…the doctor notice and wet to him..

“why is my mom here? Why did you transfer her, isn’t this room expensive? He asked…

“ahh don’t worry, everything has settled, your friend came here and settled all your bills and the surgery of your mom…

“surgery?

“yes..he had the surgery this morning, she’ll be fine soon. Your friend is too kind to settle everything, he said that you don’t have to worry.

“whose friend? What is his name?

“ahm,,I don’t remember,,the papers are all in the office and they are processing them now. Maybe a week after your mom has woken up, you can take her home…so I have to go to the other patients,,you don’t have to worry now about your mom..

“ahh de,,thank you..he thank and came closer to his mom.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, young saeng came to work, still not talking to his boss unless it is about work. He was uneasy actually and always stare at the white small envelope that slid at the back of his organizer.

At the end of the day. He gets in the VP’s office holding the envelope. 

“What do you want? The VP asked..

“sir..the secretary simple word but can’t say anything, instead, he put down the white small envelope on the table and pushed it closer to the VP.

“what is this? He asked and read it what’s inside..

“I’m resigning sir. Young saeng announced.

“you’re quitting on your work? Now that there are lots of things to do? Hyun joong interrogates..if you’re tired and you think your salary is not enough then~~~

“not that sir~~young saeng lowered his head..

“then what?, you can’t quit right now, you will stay..young saeng I need you…hyun joong told..

“you need me? As what? As your secretary or someone you can take advantage on the bed? I’m not your slave sir..it’s just that you treat me like one..I’m sorry, I know you have been good to me since the previous days but I can’t take it anymore. The way you force me to bed, to have with you, the way you command me, sir, I didn’t work for you, for you to have toy in bed..young saeng confronted..

“young saeng..you think that I’m toying with you? That I’m taking an advantage to you because I am your boss? hyun joong asked and feel the guilty, he can’t just say it out that he’s being sincere for everything, that he wasn’t toying him. He knows that he insisted of making out with him the last time. But he wasn’t toying him

“I’m sorry sir. I already submitted my resignation letter to the HR… and this is my last day…thank you sir…young saeng said..

“if that’s what you want,,hyun joong said and exited the office bumping the secretary’s shoulder.

Young saeng tears fell all of a sudden and felt the ache inside his chest, he didn’t expected the man’s expression, that face is surely a face that was hurting and in pain. But why? Is he hurting? 

He didn’t gave his resignation because of the reasons he stated, rather, it is because he slowly fallen with the man, his boss, the vice president of the company, and he can’t let his heart been trap to the love towards him. And he’s afraid, he’s not ready to love him. He doesn’t want to fall deeply in love with him. Because he’s afraid to lose him in the end. So he thought that cutting their connection is the best way to do now.

Hyun joong on the other hand cried as soon as he hopped inside his car. He prepared for this day, to confess his feelings towards the employee. He took out the chain of necklace with a pair of wings-shaped pendant. But his preparation was just turned out into nothing.

“I love you,,he uttered under his sobs. 

He felt like he loses someone again, he felt like he’s alone again. He had experience to smile again the moment he met his secretary. He always smile whenever his secretary is in panic, he laughed secretly whenever his secretary made some mistakes and just notice after a while, he had laughed at himself whenever he gets angry easily to other employee’s mistake but he just let young saeng’s mistake slide as if nothing happens, because he can see how tired and exhausted he is for working over time and need to stay all night for his mother. He had spying him for almost everyday, but the boy never showed how tired he was. He just happen notice him yawning behind, the only reason he thought why his secretary never walk next to him and he’s always behind him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A day, two days, 3 days had passed after his mom woke up and he already started looking for another job. It was so unlucky and he can’t even find one. 

He met his friend kyu, The one who hired him. 4 days after he gave his resignation and drop his tail towards the boss. Kyu actually disappointed, he kept asking the real reason why he suddenly submitted a resignation but he never gets the answer.

“by the way kyu, thanks for helping my mom again for the second surgery…she’s fine now and she can go home tomorrow.,,young saeng told him..

“second surgery? I didn’t pay that? I havent visited auntie in the hospital since the first surgery.. Kyu replied..

“de? Then who is mr. kim? It was written in the waver and it says Mr. Kim, he paid all the bills already….young saeng was confused stating it with his friend…

“I don’t know. I swear, I’m not that one…kyu confirm it.

Young saeng had parted with his friend after 30 minutes and came back to the hospital.

“mom? He calls when he saw his mom eating some fruits..

“who gave you this? He asked again while approaching inside..

“ahhh your friend came, but he left immediately after checking my condition..mom says while munching the apple..

“mom,, do you know Mr. Kim? 

“ahmm he says that day that he is your friend, and he said that he came since you are resting and tired and I don‘t have to worry since you were in his house…

“why you didn’t told me earlier..

“you didn’t asked? And he told me that you know it already… he keeps coming here everyday to give me foods,,ahhh he said that this is for you.. Mom handed out an envelope.

“what’s this?

“I don’t know he just told me to give it to you..

Young saeng opened the envelope and was surprised to the content of it. A lot of amount in bundle. And a piece of paper and a key. He suspected a person already but he’s not ready to face him again.

The next day is his mom’s release from the hospital, he stare at the piece of paper and the envelope, an address and a key plus enough amount to start a life again with his mom.

They came home but to their previous house, the small house they had owned already as he bought it out of his savings.

He tries everyday to apply in different companies. He was tempted to use that amount he received but he never use them. He’s planning to give it back to the one who gave it at the right time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day hyun joong visited the house he bought but no one is there. He felt the disappointment. He left without entering and drove. He stopped the car in front of a small house and knock. An old lady opened the door and gave a wide smile.

“good afternoon eommonim..he greeted..

“ahhh de…young saeng is not here again.. But he’ll be here before it gets dark..the old lady said and led him inside..

“it’s okay eommonim, I just want to know if you’re fine..and I want to know if he’s doing well… 

“did you two fight? I  mean, you look sad whenever you asked about him.

“ahmm no..of course no..it’s just that our schedule don’t match that’s why we don’t meet lately..

“I see..

The door swung open and young saeng appeared, hyun joong actually didn’t expected him to meet again.

“what are you doing here? Young saeng asked angrily..

“aigoo..he’s just visiting,,,the old lady spoke..

“mom, go to your room and don’t go out until I tell you,,,young saeng told his mom, his mom obeyed…

Young saeng turned around and opened his room and gets in, hyun joong followed inside.

“so it’s you!! And I am right!! Young saeng yelled throwing the envelope to him..

“young saeng,,,

“why you didn’t told me?!!! Why you always giving me this pain!??

“young saeng, no..I just want to help, but you refused, you left…

“why? So you can asked for payment and the payment is me?..

“no..young saeng, you’re not the only one hurting here? That day when you gave me your resignation, I know you have another reason, young saeng, I love you…

“get lost…I don’t want you and stop pestering my mom..I will pay everything, I will pay every cents you spent for my mom..just get lost..I can’t love you back..

“I love you….hyun joong uttered again holding the other on both shoulder..

“I can’t we can’t,, young saeng cried..

“why? Young saeng if you have feelings for me, why not? Just tell me you have feelings for me too..

Young saeng fell on the floor and cried a river, like a kid wiggling and pushing the man.

“please,,,hyun joong plead and kissed him on the lips…

“if you just continued on being mean to me, if you just didn’t showed any care for me, I won’t think that you’re a good person, and I won’t fall for you..young saeng uttered under his sobs..

“young saeng, if you can’t accept the house and the money then go back to the office..

The crying boy looked up and saw how sincere the man was towards him. He gave in and fell on the man’s chest, sniffing.

“just leave me alone..he mumbled..

“I will leave but I want you to think about it. Accept me, I love you young saeng,,,if you accept my feelings, I’ll wait for you in the office, but if not, you‘ll take the house and the money and I will let you start a new life…..

Young saeng just stare up to the man but didn’t say anything until the man disappeared from the room leaving the money again beside him.

“son…mom came..

“mom,, what will I do?

“just follow your heart, I know he loves you, he didn’t told me but I can see to him, he always asked about you, and I think he’s sad…

“mom, I don’t want to take it for granted. He’s rich, he has a good career..and I’m afraid to love him…

“just follow what you think it’s good for both of you..

Mom left, young saeng take the envelope with him and stood up, he went to his bed and curled himself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyun joong was waiting in his office, hoping to see the man entering the door. He just sat in his chair the whole time, the whole day, he felt frustrated and loosing his hope as the times passes every hour without the appearance of the secretary. It’s already 3 in the afternoon and soon office hours will end but he’s still waiting patiently.

Until the door was opened, young saeng appeared holding tightly to the envelope. They both just stood there facing each other. Both are waiting to whom will talk first.

“hyun joong,,the boy mentioned, it was the first time he calls him with his name. that makes the other feel happy.

“I’m here to accept~~ young saeng cut his sentence and held up the envelope..

Hyun joong’s face fell thinking that he will be accepting the money and the house.

“young saeng!!! Kyu barge in, the HR head..I’ve been waiting for you.. By the way,,here’s your resignation letter, actually I didn’t submit it yet..Mr. Vice president just file a leave for you..so yeah,,you are still an employee,, and I don’t get what you mean on the phone, you’re really coming back to work? Is auntie really recovered now? Kyu talked a lot while panting..

“de..thank you… young saeng replied..hyun joong just froze…

“okay I’ll go now,,it’s already end of the day,,just come back tomorrow..kyu said and left with wave to his friend..

“what does that mean? you mean? you know the meaning when you resume to work right? Hyun joong asked with a frozen gaze towards him.

“I know, that I will be accepting your proposal..I have no choice, I need to earn for living. do you think this envelope is enough for us? Young saeng pouted..

“young saeng,, young saeng, thank you,, thank you,,I love you..hyun joong excitedly said and cup the boy’s neck..

“we’re in the office for goodness sake..young saeng gritted..

“I don’t care..I’m happy,, I love you so much…hyun joong kissed him on the forehead.

“I love you too,,,hyun joong,, im sorry for~~~ young saeng finally response..

“no need to feel sorry, it’s my fault,,it’s alright,, you’re here now, you’re here with me. Hyun joong kissed him on the lips. The bell of the company rang, sign of the end of the office hours.

They both remained to their position and both smiled. It’s just the two of us now,,young saeng pouted and said it childishly taking his sight to the couch.

Hyun joong chuckled and pushed him on the couch gently massaging him on the waist. No words can explain how they both felt relieved and happy. A freedom of their hearts and the shouts of their feelings toward each other.

Young saeng duck his head to get the other’s lips. Hyun joong pressed his self to him and kissed him passionately.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All resume to normal, young saeng being the vice president’s secretary at the company and a lover outside the company.

Hyun joong still have his behavior towards employees, strict, detailed and easy to get mad and irritated.

Young saeng worked hard and started to live with hyun joong with his mom. He always sighed and shook his head whenever he sees his lover being mad and angry all the time to other employees. 

They do argue sometimes about work but it never affects their relationship, they never take work to their personal matter.

Even though their personality are different, hyun joong always practice to adjust towards his lover. He was being soft, warm and lively at home. He can’t really adjust himself when it comes to work. But he tries his best especially when his 36th secretary is around, and that‘s his lover, young saeng.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

END

@copyright 2014

by: areuYS501kyuie

March 24, 2014

11:38 pm