Broken

Unreachable star, two different tones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As time went by, it’s already almost end of senior years for Ye Jin. It’s almost end of senior years so came along the tradition activity which none other than the prom night.

It was the other class’s idea to have such an activity and it spread through quickly.

“Ye Jin? Are you going to the prom?” asked Jung Ri as they were not too far from the prom’s ticket booth.

“I- I don’t know” Ye Jin replied and her eyes couldn’t take off from Dae Hyun who head to the booth with Eun Ji.

“Why are you buying two tickets?” curious, Eun Ji asked as she saw Dae Hyun was about to buy two tickets

“It’s for my crush but I don’t know if I should ask her” Dae Hyun said as he was still hesitated to buy it. Ye Jin could only smile bitterly as Eun Ji’s eyes met hers.

“I wonder who the lucky girl is” Ye Jin muttered loud enough for Jung Ri to hear.

“Ye Jin? Are you still going?” worried; Jung Ri quickly change the topic.

“No, I’m not going” Ye Jin sighed.

“Then, I’m not going then” Jung Ri smiled as she linked her arms around Ye Jin’s arm as they walked away.

“No. You should go. I don’t want to be the reason you are not going” Ye Jin insisted.

“That might be one of the reason I’m not going but the other reason I’m not going because my boyfriend will not be around because he have family trip so during that prom night, we should have girls night then” Jung Ri planned happily.

“You are the best of the best friend I had!” Ye Jin exclaimed as she smile gratefully

==============================================================

“Ye Jin-ah, you will come right? The event will be next day after tomorrow” Eun Ji asked as she lying at Ye Jin’s bed. They were having another girls’ night as the other one Eun Ji had missed out.

“I’m- I’m not sure yet” Ye Jin hesitated.

“Aw, come on! We’re going to throw him a mini surprise birthday party” Eun Ji pushed.

“If Jung Ri is coming then I’m coming too” Ye Jin said as she eyed her best friend.

“Yeah, sure if I’m invite” She jokingly said

“Of course, you are invited too!” Eun Ji exclaimed. “Anyway, you girls want to see the pictures of the prom night?” Eun Ji asked as she sat up and her laptop.

“Here. Be glad because the prom was dead boring” Eun Ji passed her laptop to Jung Ri. The duo viewed the pictures while pressing the next button. Ye Jin stopped Jung Ri as she saw a picture of Dae Hyun with a girl on his lap.

“Is she the girl?” Ye Jin asked forlornly

“Huh?? Oh! Nope, he said the girl couldn’t make it. The girl that sat on his lap is… just a friend” Eun Ji explained cautiously, trying not to hurt her friend’s feeling.

“You don’t have to hide from me if it’s her, the one he liked. I had got used to this pain and if she’s the one that could make him happy then I’m happy” Ye Jin forced a smile even though her heart did died a little.

“No, that girl actually tried to flirt with him but he assumed her as a friend not more” Eun Ji replied honestly.

“Ye Jin-ah, I- I think you should move on” Jung Ri suddenly blurted out as she couldn’t stand her friend in pain.

“If only moving on is like reading abc” Ye Jin sighed.

==============================================================

Both Jung Ri and Ye Jin arrived at the restaurant earlier as Dae Hyun’s birthday would be held at a new open restaurant. Ye Jin didn’t want to come at first but when she heard that most of their friends couldn’t make it so she spared some of her time to come to celebrate his birthday.

“Where are they? Maybe we should head to the beach for a while” Jung Ri decided and they went to the beach for a while until Eun Ji texted them that they had arrive.

Ye Jin took a deep breath as they head back to the restaurant and she could see Dae Hyun outside the restaurant through the window. Their eyes met for a while

“Hey” Kai greeted as she sees Ye Jin. Ye Jin sat at the middle beside Jung Ri and Kai.

“So, let’s order?” Eun Ji broke the listen.

“Yeah, I’m starving” Dae Hyun whined and they laughed at his behavior.

“So, Dae Hyun, who hadn’t greet you on SNS?” Kai broke the silence as he cut his chicken wing into half before eating them.

“I don’t know. I hadn’t checked them all” Dae Hyun answered expressionless. Ye Jin silently gulped her saliva as she knew what Kai up to. Kai knew she hadn’t greeted him at SNS.

“Have you greeted him, Ye Jin?” Kai asked playfully and Ye Jin couldn’t play along as she was too nervous that she shook her head.

“Go ahead greet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter