Paper of fate

Unreachable star, two different tones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why are you doing this to me?” Him Chan started. Ye Jin was sitting at a bench not too far from them that she could hear their conversation.

“Because I had never loved you” she coldly replied and when Him Chan tried to reach out her hand, she dodged.

“Let’s just end this. I’m in love with someone else and I was just playing around with you” Jung Ri added. Ye Jin could tell it hurt Jung Ri to hurt someone else’s feeling but Jung Ri had to go through this since the first moment she got involved, she knew this day would come.

“Bu-but we were so happy together. I thought we were both in love with each other” Him Chan tried to choke out his word between his suffocated feeling

“It was just an act, Him Chan. I never was in love with you” she coldly said again and looked straight into his eyes when she said she never loved him.  That’s it. Jung Ri decided to walk away and pulled Ye Jin again with her.

“You okay?” Ye Jin asked while they were heading somewhere else.

“I’m not okay. I feel misery” Jung Ri looked at Ye Jin and her eyes were getting watery. When they were finally settle somewhere quiet and fewer crowds, Jung Ri started to sob into Ye Jin’s hug. Ye Jin softly Jung Ri’s back

“Did you see his eyes?” She said rather as a question

“I hate to hurt someone else feeling” she continued

“Shhh, it’s not your fault. Sooner or later you would experience things like this” Ye Jin tried to comfort her

“I know bu-but, I don’t like it” She forlornly said while sniffed

Ye Jin sighed and thought back at Him Chan’s behaviors. The thought of how he had played all the girls that he had flirted with, it’s his karma. Well, what goes around comes around right? Ye Jin did sympathy him but she stills think he deserved it.  She could tell Him Chan’s feeling was real for her best friend but sadly, things doesn’t always goes to what people want it to be.

=========================================================================

Finally, the English clinic day had started. Ye Jin and the other students that had listed down their name for the clinic got their permission to leave the class and head for the clinic. Ye Jin decided to stick beside Eun Ji all day long until the end of the clinic because she hated being alone.

However, when they get into the class that they should be in, they were separate into different kind of group and the purpose was to get to know other students from other schools which upset Ye Jin because her earlier decision had been destroyed. But, somehow, Ye Jin felt thrill too to get to know other student from other schools. She also felt grateful that Dae Hyun wasn’t in her group although his group and hers sitting places weren’t that far. She still hadn’t gotten used to her nervousness around him.

During the clinic, Ye Jin couldn’t help but felt jealous seeing a girl from other school was sitting beside him and she made him smile. Even though, she tried hard not to look, her eyes always wandered at Dae Hyun and the girl, looking at how both of them chatting happily together. With that her day filled with gloominess.

Next day was the last day of the clinic, they were told the venue had change to the lab class but the purpose still remained the same, they were grouped again however the grouping would be base on the paper given by the respective teacher, which was Ye Jin’s English teacher, Mrs. Joy. She gave out a piece of paper content of a word and the students’ jobs were to find their group based on the word’s synonym.

Ye Jin ended up with few students she was with yesterday and she was happy that Eun Ji in the same group with her. The first session was over and Mrs. Joy decided to select a student to shuffle the paper for grouping 2nd session and guess who the unlucky person is? It’s poor Kim Ye Jin.

“Ye Jin-ah, please shuffle it properly okay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter