Genuine

Unreachable star, two different tones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally, school reopened. Some students spent their time chattering away among their friends about how their holidays had been. Ye Jin took a deep breath before headed to her class and fake some smile when she saw few of her friends. She felt too nervous that she didn’t have time to smile properly at them. However, during on her way to her class she froze at her steps as she saw a familiar back view not too far in front of her and it was her unrequited love, Dae Hyun.

She didn’t dare to walk too close to him nor even walked past him. She just continued walked behind him so that he wouldn’t notice her presence. When they finally reached their class Ye Jin waited for him to enter first then immediately walked to her seat. She didn’t dare to have any eye contact with him yet.

“Ye Jin? Are you okay?” Eun Ji asked worriedly as she saw Ye Jin uneasy looks.

“I- I’m fine” She smiled to cover up her uneasiness. “So how’s your holiday?” She continued trying to act nothing was going on

=============================================================

It’s been a month since the day Ye Jin confessed, Ye Jin knew she shouldn’t expect nor put hope if Dae Hyun would replied to her because all the matter she only letting him know how she felt for him and she did mention in her letter that she won’t hope for him to reply her. She also included two options for him. First option, pretend that she never confessed to him and continue to be friends or the other option is, ignore her and she believed that he chose the second option.  He had been ignoring her and giving her cold shoulder or was just her imagination?

However, slowly, Ye Jin started to feel like Dae hyun is choosing the first option, pretend that she never confessed and continue becoming friends. There this one time he came up to Eun Ji and spoke some alien language at her and Eun Ji did responded to him that Ye Jin found them adorable but she found him more adorable. She couldn’t help to fall for him more. His laughter just rang in her head made her heart fluttered and made her blushed when she took a glimpse of Dae Hyun at the corner of her eyes that he looked at her during he spoke to Eun Ji.

She shared her secret too to a boy from her class which also happened to be the captain of her volleyball team, Kim Jong In (Kai). They become close because of volleyball and talk anything like best pals.

She told him about Dae Hyun and he encouraged her like a friend would always do. Their friendships somehow lead to some misunderstood in which people thought their relations were more.

There this once, when their class was told to go to the library to read some books and this duo glued together like a lover. They sat next to each other and joked around which made their classmates suspicious about their relation. Even Dae Hyun came up and checks on what were those two chattered about. After finished class, both of them headed to the study area to rest with Eun Ji and Ha Ni.

“Yah! The two of you! Are you guys dating or something?” curious, Eun Ji asked suspiciously.

“What do you think?” both of them posed in a harmony and laughed loudly.

“Yah! You should know better who I like, Eun Ji-ah” Ye Jin slowly stopped laughing and reminded her friend.

“Ye Jin. What if Dae Hyun wants more than a friend? Would you have accepted him?” Ha Ni who was beside Ye Jin suddenly bravely questioned her as she also knew Ye Jin’s unrequited love for Dae Hyun.

“I-…” Ha Ni’s sudden question caught her off guard. She never thought of it and she realized she started to feel greedy. She started to want an answer from him. She wanted to know how he felt for her. Ha Ni’s question too caught in her mind. She knew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter