Tension

In the city

Chapter 21 : Tension

 

The car was speading briskly in direction of the casino. Seunghyun was regularly throwing glances at Bom watching her state. She was really mad, her eyes were fixed on the window and her arm was grasping the car's door as she was ready to go down. He couldn't see her face clearly, but at the same time he was afraid of what kind of glare was waiting for him if he risked to call her.

The tension was suffocating. Seunghyun didn't know if he had to drive her to the casino for real. Maybe he could just lead her home, but in that case, how did she would react ? She surely wouldn't leave the car until he drove her there.

He sighed deeply and took the exit of the highway to enter the city and its narrow and crowded streets. The car crossed the main boulevards, before sinking in a popular district. It was pretty animated, the area was dedicated to night life, there was a lot of bars and clubs pointed out by many illuminated signs and neon lights. Seunghyun thought how much he would like to spend his night drinking with his friends in a cool bar instead of this troubling situation.

Seunghyun turned down the engine after he parked the car properly to Bom's irritation. She extricated herself out of the car and started heading towards the casino without looking back. He runned a bit to match her pace, most of all he had to prevent her to make a too violent entrance.

The casino was in a corner, calmer and classier than the main street. Gold letters were flashing its name and the entrance was drawn by two window doors and a welcome carpet. The atmosphere inside was muted as any worthy of a gamble circle, people were smoking and drinking peacefully whereas they were escorting their palyer of a friend focused on some game trying to not loose his money.

They entered the casino almost without posing as behavioural issues persons, the bodyguard only looked sternly at them. Bom wasn't fooled by the apparent normality and traquility, she hurried to the reception lady determinated to worm informations out of her. On the other hand, Seunghyun felt at ease in the comfortable place, he liked playing blackjack by the way. Too bad the casino wasn't clean, the old man knew how to hide his business under such a respectable establishment.

One of the table attracted Seunghyun's eyes, the game had been set not too long ago and it was as if he could still join them. In the past, Seunghyun had some experience of gamble circles, he even became addicted, him a court clerk. However, a piercing scream woke him up from his daydream.

« Help me ! She is an hysteric ! »

 

That's what had to happen when he wasn't watching : Bom was trying to strangle the reception lady who surely promise to zip about her boss. Seunghyun saw with horror three guards dangerously coming up to the two women.

Action was required. Seunghyun runned and beat the bodyguards to reach them. He roughly pushed Bom away from the counter after he swiftly grasped her hands to make her clenched fingers let go off the lady's neck. Then, he took her arm firmly intimating he wanted her to stay next to him.

The guards were surprised by the fast shift of the situation, but even though the woman was handled they still have to check what kind of matter she was involve in. The man who was accompanying her seemed to fear something they noticed.

« Madam, we will ask you to leave this casino after this violent behaviour. », the taller of them warned.

« I can't go, I have to speak to your boss. »

« It is not possible right now, you have to be appointed. »

Seunghyung sensing the conversation turning sour interrupted Bom before she said something unfortunate : « Madam has calmed down now, she has some disease that makes her act that way. », he explained motioning circles with his hand to inform her mental issues. « She has some fits of madness, it is the pain, it influences her temper a lot. I'm sorry for her misconduct. »

« Still, you'll have to leave Sir. »

« But she is ill, she really likes going to the casino, let that poor woman play a bit… Please. »

« She said she wanted to meet the boss... »

« That is her imagination, she thinks he is an old friend. Is it really impossible ? As a favour for this poor woman, you know… she will die soon. », he ended whispering in the ear of the bodyguard.

The guards were looking at each other perplexed, after all they were customers who were willing to spend some money.

Bom could possibly pass for mad at the moment, her eyes were wide and twisted, she was gobsmacked by what Seunghyun was saying. What was this nonsense ? She was lost having no idea what was negotiated with the guards.

 

« Thank you for your generosity, I wish health and success to you and your family. Madam is so happy right now. » Bom heard Seunghyun said as he was pushing her further in the casino.

Seunghyun couldn't help but smile when he saw her astonished look, she looked like a lost frightened animal. He is rather proud of his success. Those three idiots did believe Bom was a woman with an incurable disease who wanted to play at the casino as her last wish. But he failed to have an access to YG, it wasn't surprising.

Seunghyun scanned the place, he remembered Sandara had passed through some hidden door with the help of G-Dragon. If they could find a similar passage, maybe they would meet YG as well.

« You're a bastard. » It was Bom who had spoke.

« Sorry, but I had to do this. Aren't you happy ? We're still in the casino, if it was up to you we would be outside. Chincha… attacking a woman... »

« I don't want to hear your lessons. And please stop smirking ! »

TOP smirked, he was enjoying his moment of superiority. Bom was pissed, she had been foolish with that stupid lady she admited, fortunately thanks to Seunghyun they still have a chance to succeed.

They kept moving searching a way out. Staying around the back of the casino, they did looked suspicious. Bom was lifting every curtain she encountered in order to discover some hidden exit, while Seunghyun was keeping his nose up trying to identify the security cameras.

Luck finally greeted them, they found in a corner next to the bar a service entrance. Checking if they weren't being watched, they slipped past the doors. A waitress who was passing by eyed at them curiously, maybe she recognized they weren't from the staff. They continued to walk, their steps becoming faster with the fear of getting caught.

They were progressing in the corridors without knowing where to go, it seemed they were in a labyrinth. Soon, they started to get lost in the unknown building.Both were quiet, they didn't have to speak to understand how much trouble they risked. Suddenly, they heard footsteps coming towards them, the sound became louder as somebody was approaching their spot. They tried to find a way out to escape from potential guards, but there was only the long grey wall they were following since several minutes, no doors in sight. They sped up as they heard the footsteps were becoming more and more. Shadows started to appear on the walls as the sound of running steps was louder.

« Stop ! Now ! », voices of men ordered them.

Seunghyun and Bom stood still, several men were surrounding them. Now, they were in deep . How they would sort out things ? Did they would get to meet YG ? The memory of Sandara trapped as they were now crossed their mind.

 

 

Jiyong was trying to sleep in his cell when a policeman called him. He sat up straight on his bench and waited. The interrogation had been demanding, he had admited all his swindles, but whan the time had come to speak about YG he told them nothing. Teddy was angry and appointed a second session with him determinated to drag some informations out out of him. The truth was he didn't know what to say about YG, he knew things but didn't know how to express them and of course which ones to choose.

Someone approached his cell and through the bars he recognized Youngbae. He was finally visiting him, he really needed to speak about the trial. Youngbae stared at him a while before saying : « Hi ». Jiyong knew he looked pathetic, he didn't washed himself since several days and his pale face was scarry with his bruised cheek and his dark rings under his eyes.

« We have to speak about the trial, what we are planning to do. », said Youngbae.

« Yes », he only answered. Youngbae sighed, he didn't want to pity him, he deserved what was happening.

« Ok, so they told me you confessed all your crimes, that's good. It'll definitely advantage you with the jury, you have remorse. The main problem and at the same time the key of your trial, what will make the difference, is the informations you can give about YG and his connections, the functioning of his business, according to the weight of this exchange in the work of the police this is what can lessen your prison term. », he showed him. Then, he paused and spoke in a sharp tone : « Well, Teddy had tell me you didn't say anything about YG, what are you waiting for ? Do I have to remind you that Sandara's life is threatened ? With your help, the police have a chance to catch YG... »

Jiyong guessed he would say this, but it wasn't so simple for him to give up on his crooked life, some informations are dangerous when they are not well used. He had to measure what could actually help the police without causing a too big tumult in the underground. YG wasn't the only organization boss there, his links could affect his partners and provocked something bigger than just his arrest. And surely Jiyong would be dead. He had to reveal something but not everything.

Youngbae was looking at him annoyed, they didn't have so much time ahead of them. Most of all, he was worried for Sandara of course, but also about Bom who he didn't have news from since last night. So, quickly is coming the trial quickly the problems could be solved.

« Someone comes to see you. », said Youngbae to Jiyong's surprise. « Be good with her, I hope it decides you to talk. Bye. »

Youngbae leaved impatient for the situation to change, he wanted to leave a normal life but destiny put Jiyong on his path again. He hoped Sandara could influence Jiyong.

 

A petite figure drew herself in front of him and her two hands taking the bars hesitantly she tilted her head to see him better. Jiyong thought he saw an apparition. She seemed unreal by her beauty and fragility. She was like an angel illuminating his day. Nonetheless, he came back to his senses and noticed how tired she looked. She should fear every time she stepped out of her hidden place, fear that some men come to take her, harm her. This thought made Jiyong's heart jumped, he felt like he wanted to protect her. She was too beautiful for this filthy world.

Sandara glanced at him shyly, it had been a long time since they saw each other and he was in a pitiful state. She knew he had some good in him, that was the reason he was locked in here. She didn't denounce him when she had to, now she wanted him to return the favour.

« How are you ? », it was the first words that came in her mind and it was a stupid question.

« Better now that I'm seeing you. », he answered. Good, he still had some of his silliness left she thought.

« I wish for your trial to come soon, I'm tired of waiting... I'll pray for you to have a not too bad of a sentence. »

He was fixing her and she couldn't escape from his piercing eyes. Then, he extended his hand through the bars of the cell in an attempt to take her hand.

« Please, take my hand. », he asked.

Sandara hesitated a little but not too long remembering the sadness in his eyes, he was just a poor man at the moment. So, she kindly took his hand and pressed it gently.

Jiyong closed his eyes, he was for one minute in heaven, that pretty woman was taking his hand as she was saying it would be ok, he didn't have to worry, he would not die, he would not harm his friends, he would not harm that woman.

« Thank you. », he said.

Sandara removed her hand and bid him goodbye leaving him in his lonely cell. Jiyong touched his heart and felt warmth inside.

 

 

The sun decides to throw some of his rays in the end of the afternoon despite winter's reign. One of Seoul's most prestigious highschool was starting to free some of its students. The general mood brightened by the comforting weather, the young people were planning their activities happily. Three boys had decide to have a snack and were heading lightly to the city's food stalls. Jinhwan, Jiwon and Hanbin were chatting about how it would be good to play some sport before nightfall when the elder noticed familiar faces in a near restaurant.

« Over there, those aren't the guys who wanted to cause you trouble last time ? », he showed them.

Hanbin glanced at them carefully and recognized the five guys who had attacked them at the karaoke some months ago. But the one he remembered very well was the tall tanned one who insulted him during the contest. The dude was searching him but he didn't know why.

« It's the moment to ask him what does he want. », suggested Jiwon.

« I don't think that's a good idea, this guy seems to be easy at starting a fight. », warned Jinhwan.

Hanbin was thinking about the idea to confront the guy, most likely he would not be welcomed, but he was curious to understand why he wanted to affect him. After consideration, Hanbin headed for the restaurant, he wanted to be sure of it.

 

Th five friends were hanging at their favorite restaurant, spending some good time together. They were debating who had eat the most when new customers entered the peaceful place. Hanbin stepped in the restaurant first followed by Jiwon and Jinhwan, he directly made his way to the boys and slammed his hands on their table to inform his presence. Startled, the five guys stood up ready to face troubles. They were used to score-settling with rival gangs because they messed up their business. As they recognized Mihno's former target they relaxed a little, it was no time for a serious fight. Mihno on the other hand was pissed about G-Dragon's arrest and the sight of that Hanbin guy here only reminded him his failures.

Animosity started to rise between the two teams. Hanbin was the one who had to talk and they were waiting for his words. What happened would depend on what he would say. But it was without counting on Daesung to defuse the tensions.

« What's happening in here ? I told, I don't want violence in my restaurant, you promised. »

The boys stopped glaring at each other for a while to turn their attention towards Daesung. The owner upset by their behaviour ordered them to sit down. Then, when everybody was settled showing their amazed faces because they obeyed the man, he spoke : « So, what's the matter between you, hum ? »

Hanbin, Jiwon and Jinwon were looking at each other intrigued, caught out of guard by the situation. As they were placed all around the table, it was like going to some sort of of sharing and talking circle where Daesung was a mediator. Uneasiness replaced hostility under Daesung's encouraging smile. Jiwon nudged Hanbin to talk and free them of this awkward moment.

« Well », he started stuttering a bit because of the unreal nature of the scene. « I think I'll say it simply… I want to know... » He gulped, that was ridiculous.

« What do you want to know ? Ask somebody. », said Daesung taking things at heart.

Hanbin glanced at Mihno who was being cocky, just the sight of him annoying him so much. Nevertheless, he continued : « I want to ask you », he pointed at Minho, « why was you looking for trouble with me ? I never saw you in my life and you punched me with no reason. », he finally let out.

« That's a good question », commented Daesung, « but don't be so angry, it's over now. »

Mihno was dismayed. First, he was shocked by that easy-going atmsophere built by Daesung. Secondly, everybody seemed to be under the spell and that Hanbin boy was speaking like a wining kid.

« Minho ? », Daesung called.

Minho exchanged a glance with his friends, did he have to tell the truth ? Indeed, now that the dragon was in jail, it didn't matter anymore. What was preventing him to do so was because he would exposed a part of his personal story.

« Tell him, you don't have to spill everything, just the necessary. », said Taehyun. He was right, the guy wasn't useful anymore anyway.

« Ok, I'll tell why I manage to meet you. », he started sternly. « It was not exactly you I was aiming at, but your hyung. G-Dragon the thief, the multi-talented swindler. »

Hanbin's body shuddered at the name of his hyung. Jinhwan and Jiwon eyed at him worriedly, they knew what a difficult character was Jiyong hyung.

« By attacking you I wanted to reach him. », Mihno continued. « I thought that if he knew his dongsaeng was beaten up he would move his . But all this is over now because he is jail, I couldn' avenge myself on time. »

Hanbin understood better the guy's actions, even though he wouldn't have chose violence to achieve his aims. This revelation also made him sadly realize that his hyung could sometimes be a threat to his life, take him into trouble whereas he hadn't done anything to deserve it.

« Why were you searching for this man ? », Daesung asked curious, forgeting his mediator role caught by the story.

Mihno sighed soundly, he didn't want to display his life, but Jinwoo's persuadind eyes were telling him to give some explanation, a minimum.

«I was in some fishy business two years ago, I was not with you at that time », he explained motioning to his friends. « Iwasn't respectable, I was a delinquant, a big jerk… Anyway, I had commited myself in a business and I had to work with G-Dragon. », he paused, then exhaled and ended to say : « He played a dirty trick on me… I was associated with him in a deal but he deceived me and brought me into some other . »

Everybody was listening to him carefully, the restaurant was quiet as you can heard a fly. Mihno was embarassed, he was receiving too much attention. He mumbled : « I just wanted to avenge myself for what he did to me. »

Silence was wrapping them, allowing time to the young boys to think about their own matters. However, it was short because Daesung interrupted this stillness : « Thank you for your honesty Minho, I think Hanbin is not mad at you anymore. » His role got back on top, proud to have resolve some fight between the two teams. « You can have a drink now. », he offered them.

The boys were avoiding to look at each other, they didn't know how to behave now things were setlled between them. They couldn't feel sympathy for one another in such a short time. Hanbin decided it was time to leave.

« Thank you Sir, but I think it's better if we leave now. Sorry for the disruption. », he told Daesung who was filling drinks behind his counter.

« It's alright kid, come back whenever you want with your friends ! »

Before they passed the exit, the five guys nodded formally at them and they politely reply to it. Once they were outside, they didn't know what to say, it had been so weird. But strangely they felt lighter, as if they had made a good deed or something. Jiwon smiled, it had been a good idea to enter this restaurant in the end. Hanbin and Jinhwan smiled as well and the tension releasing they started to laugh nervously.

« I'll come back », said Jiwon,« the owner was cool. » And they bursted out laughing.

 

 

 

*******

Finally, the chapter is here! I'm sorry for the wait, I hope it had divert you! Unfortunatly there is no hanhi, but it's coming in the next chapter, priority to the story. Hope you enjoy those new longer chapters. I'm also so happy to welcome new subscribers!

Thank you for reading,

-wanderingmood