Contest

In the city

Chapter 12 : Contest

 

 

« CL ! Is it really you ?! », said Youngbae gobsmacked. He was so touched to find her after six years, his eyes were sparkling remembering their good memories. Tears started to form in Chaerin's eyes at the mention of her former nickname. She couldn't say a thing and they simply took each other in their arms. Seungri and Dara were there watching the moving scene, glad to had been able to help two friends to meet again.

After this sweet moment, they introduced themselve and sat on the couch with a few drinks. Top joined them at last completly depressed by his encounter with Bom who had kept an angry face the whole train ride. Everybody was here and Seungri went first on the matter :

« Tell them the story of you three in highschool » and Youngbae nodded.

« Well, I'll go on... The three of us met in highschool, I was younger than them and we were able to meet thanks to those two idiots who repeat two years !... We didn't have the same classes, so we met in different circumstances, at that time I wasn't as strong as I am, boys were bothering me and Jiyong save me once one jerk started touching me. I was very thankful and we became friends. Because we were both fans of hip-hop music he introduced me to his sort of crew where I met YB, that was my best youth time, rapping, dancing, just doing what we loved... Those two oppas were so good to me, but on the other hand I know they were into illegal business, sometimes I even help them... Jiyong's state became worse, he was behaving like a gangster, he wasn't the caring oppa anymore... then, Youngbae who was trying to calm him down went to jail, after that I moved, change my phone number and never see GD again, I search a job, made my life. Inside, I know he didn't try to search me either, to protect me from him in some way... I'm sure there's some good in him even now... »

Dara recalled those sad eyes, the more she was looking in them the more she wanted to help this man.

Everybody went silent after Chaerin's words, thoughtful.

« Oi, you can say something, this can't be even worse than Seungri reaction ! »

« Yah ! I was just crying for you because you act so tough woman ! », contested the sensitive guy and the others giggled.

 

 

« Unnie... »

« What are you going to ask ? You want to hang out this saturday ? »

« How do you know ? »

« I was young before you, you can go, breath some air, you need this, you're working so hard. »

« It's just the music festival of Minji's college, I'll be with my friends. »

« Good, have fun. »

Bom unnie was acting strange tonight, usually she was more curious about where she is going, with whom, it seemed like she was tired. What Hayi didn't know is that she already got her nerves on Top.

Hayi's thoughts drift slowly to Hanbin, this moody boy who had invited her, he had seemed embarassed and shy to ask her whereas he was usually more confident and agressive towards her. Though she can't help to be nervous for him, he will performed in front of many people but it can bring him some fans and he can become more known. Hayi thought she cared too much about this boy and reminded herself that he only brought troubles. Slumber taking her, she asked herself if she will dream about him, but it doesn't matter she rarely remembered her dreams in the morning.

 

 

« The question is do we want to send him to jail ? »

Everybody let escape a sigh, it was difficult to answer : on the one hand he deserved to be judge because he ruined the life of several people by taking their money but on the other hand he was a former friend who deserve a second chance because he had some good left in him.

« OK let's vote, the ones who want to send him raise your hand. », cutted Seunghyun as if he was a judge. He raised his hand as well as Seungri. « The ones who don't want. » Charin and Youngbae raised their hand.

« Dara ? », asked Seunghyun. The woman had her head in her hands, frowning, she didn't know what to do. Until this morning his face haunted her mind, she wondered what had happened to him after she escaped, after she had drived him in this trap.

« I can't make that choice... I want all of you to agree, I can't act alone anymore... and I don't believe I have the right to arrest him, I'm not even in the police... », she mumbled.

While silence was filling the flat, Seunghyun had suddenly an idea. « That's it ! We have to ask an investigator to help us ! I know someone... »

 

 

Hayi looked at her reflection in the mirror, she had worn a simply rétro dress and left her hair wild, she didn't want to look pretty she just wanted to have a nice day with her friends. She left the flat and met Jenny and Eunbi at the bus stop. There was another girl with them, a primary school friend of them : Kim Euna. Hayi greeted her, the girl seemed cool and funny. The three of them started to talk about rap but more especially who were the popular boys in highschool who will perform. Hayi wasn't so into rap and boys but it made her smile to see how the girls were involve in this contest.

 

It was a warm spring day, some rays of sun were brushing their faces. The contest had been set up outside the college gym in the park. The stage was finishing to be assembled and some food and game stands had flourished around in a joyful atmosphere. Some group of students were already there preparing some banners in order to support their favorite rapper.

And then Hayi saw Minji from afar talking with a girl with foreign look. Noticing her she wawed her hand and they all come to them.

« Hayi, this is Lee Michele, despite her looks she is korean, she is currantly working with Bom at Gummy's shop, I met her there and we realise we were in the same college. »

« Nice to meet you », smiled the girl and they greeted her cheerfuly.

« OK girls let's enjoy the moment, I'll offer you some drinks to start ! », said Minji generous. The girls shouted different thanks happy to have a free fresh drink, Hayi was a little bothered to let her unnie pay but she decided to treat her later.

They started to walk around the place meeting some schoolmates waiting for the show to start. The winner of the contest would be able to record his song in studio. Most of the contestants were boys who had worn their fancy outfits for the occasion. Suddenly, she heard a familiar boy voice : « Hayi my friend ! You've come to see the best of me ! », said Bobby playfuly. Hanbin rolled his eyes beside him. He crossed Hayi's gaze but turned quickly his head saying a simple « Hi ». Hayi didn't understand why, it was him that had invited her, he should at least act more friendly after she pardoned him. Bobby was sending some winks to the girls and Yunhyeong was already offering them to come with the boys to have a good spot to watch the show properly on what the girls agreed. Soon Bobby and B.I had to leave to prepared themselve the contest was about to start. The crowd started to gather in front of the stage and so they did.

 

Hayi was feeling nervous for Hanbin, he had seemed stressed whereas Bobby was in his usual nonchalant behaviour. She read the flyer to know the running order and feel proud of the two boys to have their names writen on it.

Contestants were passing and the students cheered for each of them, the girls were excited and yelling at the cuttest ones. Bobby earned many fangirls with his seducing rap and her friends shouted louder beside her : « Go Bobby you're the best bro' ! » « You're so hot ! ».

When a certain Mino took his turn, Donghyuk who was next to her nudged saying : « He is a strong contestant, he can be a serious rival to Hanbin to win the price. » Hayi watched the guy's performance with attention and admited she liked his rap. Then it was Hanbin's turn, he rapped with energy completly imersed in his lyrics, Hayi couldn't help to find him talented on stage and somehow attractive. Her cheeks reddened when he took off his shirt but it was feeling wrong to be attract by this annoying boy. When the performance ended she told Jenny she wanted to go to the toilets, she left the crazy yelling crowd with girls who were ventilating themselve behind her.

 

The girl wanted to erase those weird feelings who were growing inside her for this boy, like if it was forbidden to her to fall for him. Plus, he surely didn't to hang with her either, he had just invited her because she had defended him at the store, he was just being polite. She shaked her head going back to the stage, the winner will soon be announced.

However, when she got back there the crowd of students wasn't cheering like before, tension can be sensed. She understand why : it was a rap battle between the finalists. She took her place between Jenny and Donghyuk and asked the later what she missed.

« It's the final battle between Mino and our Hanbinie. Bobby did a great job he took the fourth place. But there's something that it isn't right, Hanbin seems angry at this Mino boy... »

Hayi looked at the contestants and there was something wrong indeed : Hanbin's eyes were sending daggers to Mino who was smirking. Apparently Mino had insult Hanbin in his rap about his supposed fake behaviour with his family and friends, that he was just a mama's boy and other non gentle words. The boys started to make their way to the stage sensing a real batte this time and the girls followed them.

Suddenly, a commotion was heard and students started to shout supporting their favorite contestant. Hayi tried with difficulty to made her way because of her shortness tilting her her head to see the stage.

 

Hanbin and Mino had thrown a punch at each other and the respective friends of the boys were already there trying to stop them to go farer. Without thinking, Hayi climbed the stage's stairs worried for Hanbin.

She saw his bleedind lips and hateful eyes, he was trying to escape the boys' grip. Mino on his side was saying they had to stop this, that they were ruining the mood, that he had gone too far. Hayi felt numb seeing him in this state. Her legs took her to the boys and she abruptly placed herself in front of Hanbin.

« Stop it. », she said in a low tone. « Don't you think you had done enough ? »

Hanbin looked at her in shock, what was she doing ? He thought, it wasn't her business. He had enough of this strong girl who thinks herself better than him.

She saw him glaring at her and sighed but continued : « Look at your friends, do you really want to hurt them by hurting you ? Are you that stupid ? »

« I do what I want and you stop sermoning me country girl, madam is so perfect, in reality you're just a god damn little girl who can't take care of herself ! » He turned to his mates : « OK I'll stop, just let me go » he shouted out of his mind. They let him reluctantly, he had to calm down. Hayi looked at him in disbelief. Then, turning his dark eyes to her he said : « Get out of my way . » and left all of them like this.

Hayi's eyes were empty, why was he hurting her once again ?

 

 

 

*******

How was this chapter? I know Euna Kim, Michele Lee and Gummy aren't in YG anymore but it lacked of girls so...

I'm sorry for the long pause and I'm thankful to my suscribers who continued to follow me :) I want to finish this fanfic

I'm being harsh on hanhi, promise this is one of the last hurtful moment

I'll be away for a week so wait for the udpate

I love you guys!

-wanderingmood