The Tutor

I'll Teach You if You Teach Me

 

”Ouch!”

 

Jungahs hand flew up to where the book had hit her head. She turned her head and saw no one else than Hyeri and her little crew behind her. The culprit was discovered. The thing she wanted to do the most was walk up to Hyeri and give her a piece of her mind. She wanted to slap her tiny face until it was purple. She wanted to pull out her teeth and make her suffer.

 

But she didn’t.

 

Instead she held it in and looked down when Hyeri walked in her direction, just hoping she’d walk by. ”Omo, would you look at that... I’m soooo sorry for hitting you with that book! I mistook you for a pest there for a minute, and I just wanted to do everyone a big favor and exterminate it! Hope there’s no hard feelings!” With a hairflip that reeked of hairspray, she finished her monologue. Jungah fixed her gaze on the necklace around Hyeri’s neck. Anything was better than looking at her.

 

”It’s okay.” She said with a low toned voice. Just leave me aloneshe added in her mind. ”Oh daaaaarling, I’m so glad you forgive us! We are friends after all, right?” Hyelim, one of the Hyeri asskissers said and put her arm around Jungah’s neck. ”Unless you don’t want to be our friend.” She finished with a smirk. Jungah forced her gaze down to the floor. It was the only way she knew.

 

She wanted to tell them to go away and to never talk to her again. It would be better if they just never looked at her again. Instead she said nothing.

 

”And you know what friends do for eachother, don’t you?” Hyeri asked with the cutest voice she could produce. ”What would that be?” Jungah replied with the most composed voice she could produce. ”They help each other out in need.” Then she put out her arms as if she was waiting for something to fall down into them. ”Hyeseong!” She said and snapped her fingers.

 

Hyeseong, the remaining asskisser, flung her bag open and pulled out a pile of paper and placed it neatly in Hyeri’s arms. ”This, dear Dungah*...” (Hyelim and Hyeseong giggled at the bad pun on her name) ”Is our history assigments.” Hyelim took her arm away from Jungah’s neck and raised her arms instead. Hyeri dumped the papers in Jungah’s arms and brushed dust off her skirt. ”I want them finished by tomorrow evening. You got that? And don’t you even think about giving us a bad grade.” Hyerin slammed her hand next to Jungah’s face and leaned in closer. Then she put her free hand under Jungah’s chin and raised her head so she met her gaze. ”After all, that’s not what a true friend would do, is it?” Hyeri clapped Jungah’s cheek lightly twice before she walked off with her little crew, mumbling something about a papercut.

 

Jungah was about to start crying.

------

(* - Ddung in korean means poop. Source: My awesome korean skills learned from dramas.)