The First Meeting

I'll Teach You if You Teach Me

 

Jungah unlocked the door to the tutoring centre and dropped down in the couch by the window. She unloaded the pile of paper on the table in front of her and just stared at it. She forced her gaze up at the clock on the wall. Her new student wouldn’t arrive for another 10 minutes. She could might as well start the history papers.

 

This was normal. She was used to getting pushed around by Hyerin, but she hated it. She hated having to just take it and it in. The truth was that she wanted to just say no and make them do it themselves, but she couldn’t.

 

Because she was her tutor.

And girls with self-proclaimed authority scared her.

 

She didn’t want to be a tutor, but her uncle, teacher Kang, was responsible for the tutors. She had been late in paying her tuition by two months, and as a way to help her, he had offered her a way of paying off her tuition money through working as a tutor. The pay wasn’t amazing, but some students didn’t like to admit they were being tutored, and would pay a little extra to have their lessons in secrecy. Those students were the reason Jungah got to go to school at all.

 

And Hyerin was one of those students.

 

As much as she wanted to tell Hyerin she had missed the concept of tutoring by a mile, she knew that could lead to Hyerin complaining and making up a fake story that would eventually get her expelled. Jungah hated getting pushed around by everyone, but she was smart enough to see that if she stood up to herself, she would work on McDonalds as a human dishwasher for the rest of her life.

 

Just as she had finished reading the history assigment and was about to get started, the door opened. She looked up and saw a boy pop his head inside. He wore shades and a black hat. He almost looked as if he was in a disquise.

 

Jungah got up and walked up to meet him. ”Uhm hello? Can I help you with something?” ”Yes. I am Cho Kyuhyun. Nice to meet you.” The boy flashed a charming smile and finally showed his whole body as he walked into the room. He was tall and well buildt. Once the door was closed, he removed his shades and cap. Jungah sighed. Great. Another one who didn’t like to admit he’s being being tutored.

 

Kyuhyun coughed and looked Jungah directly into the eyes. Then he held a finger in front of her face. ”Let me make one thing perfectly clear.” He said and started to lean over Jungah as he spoke. Jungah jumped back a little and re-adjusted her glasses before nervously signalizing to Kyuhyun he could go on. ”I do not need tutoring. I just need... assistance.Do you see where I’m going with this?” Kyuhyun had leaned dangerously far over her by now.

Jungah coughed and forced her gaze on the floor and escaped the now narrow space between them. ”I-I’m sure you can tell me m-more about that when we go into the tutor classroom. It’s right this way.” Jungah pointed towards the doors in the room, gaze still down. She hated it when she got male students. She was not good with the opposite .

 

Kyuhyun just smirked. ”You don’t get it.” He said and put his backpack on the floor. ”You see...” He started as he dug around in his backpack. ”I’m a smart guy. I’m just too busy for schoolwork. I normally wouldn’t have any trouble with this, I just don’t have time.” He had found what he was looking for. He pulled out a folder with ”Assigments” labeled on it. Jungah had a bad feeling. Hyeri had a matching one.

 

”Therefore, I just need you to do some minor stuff for me.” He handed her the folder. Jungah just stared at it, but didn’t take it. ”I won’t make you do this with nothing in return, of course! If you do this, I can guarantee you...” Kyuhyun walked up to her and put his free hand under her chin and led her head up so that their eyes met. ”... a good time.” He finished.

 

Jungah felt the blood rushing to her cheeks and her heart racing. She slapped his hand away and walked over to the door, facing away from him to calm down.

 

Kyuhyun looked at his tutor confused. What the hell...he thought. Not a single girl has declined to have me sing to them before...”I’m not a loose girl!” Jungah said loudly. Kyuhyun felt his jaw drop. ”I won’t sleep with just anyone!” Jungah exclaimed and stamped on the ground. Kyuhyun felt very confused.

 

Determined, Jungah turned around and faced Kyuhyun with a serious face. Kyuhyun didn’t know what to say. ”Listen, that’s not what I meant! I’m a singer! I just wanted to sing to you or something.” He finally said and raised his hands to prove his innocence. When he confessed the truth, Jungah looked down and her face went red again. ”O-oh...” She whispered after a while. In order to lighten the mood, Kyuhyun laughed a nervous laugh. ”It’s okay.” The laugh became more genuine, and it didn’t take long until Jungah dared to look up again.

 

”It’s funny you’d assume that though, since I would never eversleep with someone like you! After all, I could get anyone!” Kyuhyun said while still laughing. He had meant it as a joke, at least the last part, but when Jungah forced her gaze down again he noticed how the mood fell drastically.

 

He made the laughing into a silent stutter. Jungah didn’t say anything. ”Uhm.. Miss Tutor?” He tried carefully. ”Finished assigments are 5000 won extra per day it takes to finish, and 10 000 on weekends. For an extra 5000 I make cover stories for when Mr. Kang checks on your attendance.” Jungah walked up and snatched the folder out of Kyuhyun’s hands and placed it on top of the pile of paper on the table. ”Don’t worry about coming in to hand in your assigments. I’ll get them somehow.” She said, her back facing Kyuhyun.

 

”I want you to leave now.” Kyuhyun didn’t believe his own ears. ”A-are you serious? You’ll do it? That’s gre-” he started, but got interruppted. ”I said LEAVE!” Jungah yelled. Startled, Kyuhyun picked up his backpack and exited the room. After he had closed the door, it was locked from the other side right after. Just as he was about to leave, he heard sobbing on the other side. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

Wow, I'm really slow with my updates. o.o

 

Anyway, yeah.. Still working on this, lol. 

Please comment!