Chapter 4

I'll Teach You if You Teach Me

 

Ms. Kim, the history teacher, had called in Jungah’s father for a parent – teacher conference – and once again had her father decided not to show up, like he always did when someone linked him to his daughter. It was no surprise to Jungah. She had learned to live independent of her father. He didn’t really care much for her, and she didn’t care much for him. It was better this way. If anything else, someone would always end up getting hurt. And it was always Jungah.

 

”I think it’s a lost cause, Ms. Kim. He’s not coming.” She said and stood up. ”I have a lot of work to do, so if you’d excuse me.” She bowed and turned around to leave, but Ms. Kim stopped her. ”That’s what I’ve been wanting to talk to you about. Is everything okay at home? You’ve been sleeping in class a lot lately. You’re awfully tired. I’m worried about you!” 

Jungah bit her lip. Things weren’t okay back home, but it had never been. That wasn’t the reason for her sudden exhaustion. Three weeks had passed since her meeting with Kyuhyun, and things had progressed as they had planned. He had left all his assigments in her locker, and she had picked them up and left them in his locker when they were done. That way they didn’t have to meet, and no one would link Kyuhyun to the tutor centre. However, the extra work had been tough on Jungah. She was falling behind on sleep and her own school work. If she kept this up, she’d either collapse or get thrown out of school.

 

”I must be brewing on something, I guess. I promise I will get it together for the next test.” She said and bowed again. ”You better. It’s in tomorrow.” Ms. Kim said and started gathering her things. Jungah got a bad feeling. ”Tomorrow!? I thought it wasn’t for another week!” Ms. Kim sighed. ”No, Jungah. We cleared it last week that we’d move the test for tomorrow. You must have been sleeping when it was decided.” Jungah stared at the floor. This was bad. ”I will leave now.” She said and bowed her head slowly one last time. Ms. Kim watched her with a worried expression as she left the room.

 

She decided to head for the tutor centre to study. It wasn’t in use other when the tutors had students there, and no one did today besides Jungah. She had to study for that test, there was no way out. With a troubled look she stared at the pile of science reports that was due tomorrow. Not her science reports, of course. It was Hyerin and her little group os asskissers assigments.

 

She sighed and leaned her head against the wall. She then picked up her history book. She had to prioritize herself just for once. As she started reading, she had a bad feeling she was going to regret it later. 

 

--------------

It's been months.. D;