I'm sorry, what?

I'll Teach You if You Teach Me

 

”I’m sorry, what? Tutoring?”
 

Kyuhyun was angry and confused. Why did he have to be tutored!? He was perfectly fine as he was. Mr Kang just looked at him through his dangerously large glasses. ”Yes Kyuhyun. Tutoring. You’re falling behind in your classes. If this keeps up, you won’t graduate!”

 

Kyuhyun leaned back in his chair, not believing his own ears. Since day one, he had been one of the smartest kids in his class, and now he needed tutoring? This was ridiculous.

 

”But teacher, I don’t need tutoring! I can catch up by myself! I know I can do it, just have faith-” ”You are behind with 6 months of schoolwork. Considering your line of work, you’ll only kill yourself if you try to do this without any help. I’m offering this as a friend, Kyuhyun. Not as an enemy.”


Mr. Kang looked at Kyuhyun with a pleading look, but Kyuhyun merely brushed it off. ”I won’t accept this! This is just a lame prank! Just because I’m a singer-” ”WOULD YOU SHUT UP ABOUT YOURSELF!?” Mr. Kang flew out of his chair so fast his glasses nearly fell off. Kyuhyun grabbed a hold of the sides of the chair. Mr. Kang’s sudden outburst had given him a fright.

 

”You WILL listen to me, and you’ll listen to me good. Do you hear me!?” Mr. Kang whispered intensely and leaned in so his face was only a few inches away from Kyuhyun’s. Kyuhyun just nodded and swallowed hard. He didn’t even dare to breathe.

 

”You are going to take the tutoring classes, and you’re gonna do it with a smile on your face. I don’t care if you want to rip your body to pieces rather than wound your pride like this, you’re doing it. If not, you will not graduate. Do you understand me?” Mr. Kang asked with an intense atmosphere filling the room. Outside the office, curious teachers and secretaries had started to peek in the small glass window in the door to find out what was going on.

 

”I said, do you understand me?” Mr. Kang asked again as Kyuhyun did not reply. ”Y-yes sir.” Kyuhyun stuttered, completely terrified. ”Well, that’s just great!” Mr. Kang burst out  with a smile and clapped his hands together. ”I’m glad we could work this out in a gathered and sophisticated manner!” He said as he leaned in to shake Kyuhyun’s hand. Kyuhyun laughed nervously and nodded as he shook the old teacher’s hand.

 

What the hell old man... 

 

”Now this is a copy of your tutoring timetable.” Mr. Kang said as he handed a sheet of paper he found in his desk to Kyuhyun, but pulled it back just as Kyuhyun reached out for it, forcing Kyuhyun to look him into the eyes. ”Note how I said copy. That means I have the original. Now, do you know what that means, Kyuhyun?” Kyuhyun just stared at him before he stuttered out an answer. ”That you will be paying attention.” Mr. Kang grinned. ”You are indeed as smart as you think you are.” Kyuhyun smirked and snatched the sheet of paper out of the old mans hands.

 

”Bye teacher. I’ll be going to class now.” He said and bowed to the old man. Mr. Kang waved him off and said ”Right, right! Go on now. Don’t be late for your first tutoring session!” Kyuhyun didn’t reply. He just put the timetable in his backpack and left the office without saying another word.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t go to class. Instead he made his way up 5 stories of stairs to the roof. At the top, he slammed his backpack by his feet and screamed with all his might. He was angry and his pride was damaged. To think that the old geezer thought he knew what was best for him! It made him furious.

 

After a short while the screaming turned into extreme laughter. He threw himself next to his backpack and just laughed. How could he have been so blind! This was the perfect opportunity to earn himself some freetime. He sat up and started digging in his backpack for the timetable. All the tutoring classes were set up after regular classes. He clenched his teeth at the sudden mass of extra schoolwork. Then again, if everything worked out the way he hoped for it to, things would get better instead of worse.

 

On the top of the paper, his name was written in big letters, and under it was the name of his tutor, what he had been looking for.

 

Go Jungah.

 

The name didn’t ring a bell. He dug up his yearbook and started flipping the pages. After studying every picture carefully for about an hour, he found her. He frowned at what he saw.

 

Go Jungah had not been lucky with her picture. Her glasses were obviously old. The glass was scratched on the top corner making it look like she had a scar over her eye. She had worn a ponytail when the picture was taken, and her braces lit up like a lightbulb. He sighed at the sight of his tutor. Then again, she could be exactly the type of girl he needed.

 

He looked at his timetable once more and noticed that his history tutoring class would start in 15 minutes. He had to get going.