Virtual Love Affair (Part 2)

Fata Morgana - Virtual paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

Virtual Love Affair

Chapter 2

 

  Jiyong stared blankly at the road in front of him, stopping the car he was driving at the front of the house he just bought a week ago for him and Dara. It wasn’t that big since he doesn’t want to use every points that he has gained on the game just for a house and he knows how Dara is fond of simple things, too extravagant would make her uncomfortable.

 

He went out of the car and then slowly, step by step made his way to that house’s front door. He has no courage to even see what’s inside of that home.  Jiyong never thought that he would be alone right now, what he had imagine was Dara smiling and hugging him as she sees the house… but those were just his imaginations and with such bad luck it really did not happen.

 

He slumped himself on in front of the door, kneeling on the concrete as he cry his eyes out, holding the door knob with his right hand while the was on his face trying to stop the tears from falling out from his eyes.

 

He then stared at the sky scraper buildings that were on his view from the house. He noticed how perfect the world he was in right now. Buildings were too high that some seems like they’re touching the sky. Everything is clean and very organized, that’s why he loved it here.

 

This world gave him the fun he had always wanted, the freedom he desired and a love that he believed finally felt real.

 

But everything in this world would remind him of her, and he doesn’t want that. So before he ends up dying from his love depression he needs to take an action to put an end on everything that happened on this world.

 

He needs to bring himself back to reality… that’s his only solution.

 

Wiping the remaining tears on his eyes with his right hand, he used his left hand to swipe the air. And magically a screen popped out in front of him.

He clicked the options button and it gave him three choices to choose.

Save

Save and Logout

Erase and Quit

 

He took a deep breath before placing his pointing finger near the Erase and Quit button, with that option everything will be gone, and it would be a new game from the start once again. He was hesitating for a bit knowing how much he worked hard to reach his certain level on the game, how much time he spent to improve his status and of course all the memories he has from the time he met Dara on the game until she suddenly just disappeared.

 

But this is the only way to stop his addiction, his way to move on since he himself admits that there would be no chance for them to see each other again, plus he has the real world waiting for him; there are people waiting for him.

So in the end he gathered up his courage and clicked the ERASE AND QUIT option…

There is no turning back, he needs to say goodbye to that world.

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

  Jiyong opened his eyes and blinked for a few more times to fix the blur. He’s finally back after such a long time of choosing to stay asleep, more of lifeless in the real world.

 

Unlike Dara, Jiyong barely log out from the game and this time it actually took him a long time to come back. Two weeks? or probably a month already. He even had the thoughts of not coming back.

 

Dara on the other hand leave the game every time she’ll sleep, she wasn’t like Jiyong who is brave enough to abandon the life he has on reality.

 

Jiyong hated his life here that he used the game as an escape. He was overwhelmed with the responsibilities thrown at him; the name he was holding was too much that he got suffocated from it.

 

He always thought the being part of the Kwon family is like a curse or maybe worse than that. He has no freedom like a bird caged on his own prison. He hated it so damn much that he wanted to run away from it.

 

He suddenly felt someone stir up from the side of his bed. He cussed inside his mind seeing who the person was.  How could he… how could he forget that he has someone waiting for him on this cruel world of reality.

 

“Jinah” he called her name, wanting the lady to be aware that he was conscious now.

 

He was aware that he was gone for a long time; it maybe not for a year but the pain that Jinah felt was probably too much that he deserves a slap by this time. Jiyong was actually amazed on how she was even worried as soon as she noticed that he was awake. He felt a prick of guilt building up on his system; it was hard to see such a lady like her being so patient with an awful man like him.

 

 “oh… my god you’re awake”  Jinah exclaimed in relief. She immediately trapped Jiyong into her arms while letting out the tears forming at the sides of her eyes fall onto her pale white cheeks.

 

She missed him so damn much and the pain that she felt when she saw Jiyong lying on his bed with a game console attached on his head was so obvious with her cries.

 

It’s been almost a month since he heard his voice, because they failed from waking Jiyong up from his deep slumber. They tried multiple times but they never dared to destroy the console that was connected on his dead, too afraid of the consequences that may happen. But she never failed to visit him every day.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter