Part 6

Sometimes complications are part of love

I am sooooooooo very sorry for the super delay in updating. Please don't hate me :( Work's been so hectic that I didn't get much time. And then there's my internet. It has decided that it wont behave properly. So thats another reason why I couldnt update.

Anyway, I want to thank every single of the subscribers for their support. Sorry I couldn't reply to some of you personally because my internet's being mean. But I want you to know that I value your support very much and love all of you. Thank you for reading the story ^_^ same goes for my reviewers. Thank you very very much for commenting and making me smile with your lovely words. Sarangheyo...Wo Ai Ni....I Love You <3

This story is almost done. After this only 1 more chappy to go. So prepare for a hormonal deer ;)

 

Story....

 

Luhan narrowed his eyes when he found Sehun chatting animatedly with someone – a female someone. He didn’t like the big smile on Sehun’s face and neither did he like how close that female was standing. To any other person it would seem like two normal people talking and nothing else, but to Luhan’s hormone induced mind, it seemed like the female was flirting and Oh Sehun was shamelessly flirting back.

Good thing I decided to come see him during lunch or else who knows what would have happened! He thought and glared at the female’s back as he waddled, there was no better way to describe his attempt to walk with an eight months pregnant belly, towards Sehun’s office. He winced at the cramp in his abdomen and stopped to rub at it. Don’t you try to stall me, darling. You can’t always save your Appa, he mentally told his little daughter in his belly.

“Hyung? What are you doing here? Whoa are you alright?” Jongin came all of a sudden out of nowhere. He didn’t like the frown on Luhan’s face. “Here sit down first. Jesus! Why did you come all the way here in this condition?” he lectured, pulling Luhan to sit on a chair.

“Why? I can’t come to visit my boyfriend and my little brother?” Luhan asked back.

“Of course you can hyung, but you could have just called before coming alone, so that one of us could have picked you up”

“Really? Now I need to call before coming? Why? So that you can inform that best friend of yours?” Luhan snapped.

Jongin furrowed his eye brows, “Hyung what’s going on? Did you and Sehun have a fight?” he couldn’t recall his best friend mentioning anything of such.

“Not yet. But we will” Luhan looked murderous.

“Why?”

“Because he is busy flirting behind my back! That’s why” Luhan exploded.

Now Jongin was completely confused, “Are we talking about my best friend, Sehun here? ‘Cause he doesn’t flirt. He can’t flirt to save his life”

Luhan glared at Jongin, “Don’t defend him or are you trying to save his now?”

Jongin rolled his eyes, “Hyung if Sehun had been a flirt then you two would have been together within a month of you coming to Seoul. That poor guy is hopeless when it comes to flirting”

“Then what would you call that?” Luhan pointed an accusing finger to Sehun’s office window.

Jongin looked to where Luhan’s been pointing and laughed, “That? Oh God! Luhan hyung that’s our client. She was just in my office before going to meet Sehun”

But Luhan didn’t find it amusing, “So you two are now sharing huh? Are you teaching your best friend the ropes now Kim Jongin? Does Kyungsoo know about your shenanigan?”

Jongin slapped his own forehead, “Hyung there is nothing going on between any of us. She is just a client! If you would stop jumping to conclusions you would see it too”

Just then the door to Sehun’s office opened and he walked out with the lady client.

“Babe?” Sehun called surprised to find his boyfriend there without notice.

“Disappointed to see me here?” Luhan asked angrily.

“I’ll leave you two to talk” Jongin left with a shake of his head and Sehun looked at the two with confused eyes.

“What’s the matter?” Sehun asked as he knelt in front of Luhan and went to touch his hugely swollen belly. He frowned when his hand was slapped away.

“Ow! What was that for?” he asked his pregnant lover.

Luhan glared at him, “Don’t act like you don’t know and don’t touch me. You were so busy flirting with your client

Sehun sighed, already knowing it was the hormone talking not his Luhan. “Babe I wasn’t flirting. Why would I flirt with anyone?” he said calmly.

“Why not? Look at me! I am big as a house and I feel like a beached whale. I can’t even see my own two feet. There’s nothing attractive about me. So why wouldn’t you flirt?” Luhan burst out in anger.

Sehun felt a headache coming, “Babe I told you so many times you look beautiful. You are carrying our baby girl, that makes you not just attractive but irresistible in my eyes. You don’t look like a beached whale, you look like a gorgeous glowing princess”

And that was a wrong choice of word.

“So you are calling me a girl now, Oh Sehun?” Luhan narrowed his eyes dangerously and for a moment Sehun feared for his poor head and ear, wondering if Luhan would start smacking him again.

“No that’s not what I …” he started but Luhan stopped him.

“I don’t want to hear anymore. I shouldn’t have come in the first place” his voice trembled as he tried to get up from the chair. It was hard for him so Sehun tried to help but once again Luhan slapped his hands away. After five tries, Luhan managed to push himself off the chair, one hand holding his aching back.

“Babe you …”

“Shut up Oh Sehun” Luhan yelled at him and waddled towards the elevator. Sehun went after him but Luhan pointed a finger at him, “Don’t you dare to follow me you . Go flirt for all I care” and with that Luhan walked out of the office.

Sehun stood still long after Luhan was gone, “What the hell just happened?” he thought out loudly and face palmed himself, “Idiot Sehun, you shouldn’t have called him princess” he scolded himself. But it wasn’t really Sehun’s fault because he had always called Luhan his princess in a loving way and the older boy always enjoyed that nickname. “Argh I hate hormones” Sehun grumbled under his breath.

---

When Sehun reached home, late than his usual time because work was kicking his , the house smelled of sweet baking ingredients. That could only mean one thing – Luhan was making something sweet.

Sehun went over, first, to the couch where Shihan was busy coloring his drawings and kissed his crown.

“How is my Junior doing?” Sehun asked looking at the picture Shihan was coloring.

“Junior good. Baba not good” Shihan reported like Sehun always told him too, behind Luhan’s back of course. The older would kill Sehun if he found out that Shihan’s been telling every single detail of the day to Sehun. In Sehun’s defense it was for Luhan’s own good. He only told Shihan to keep an eye on Luhan because the older boy was heavily pregnant and Sehun just wanted him to be careful.

At Shihan’s words Sehun frowned, “Why? Is Baba sick?” he asked worriedly. He didn’t like the pain lines in Luhan’s face when he visited Sehun at the office and he was worried as hell because Luhan just left all alone and didn’t even bother to pick up his calls or reply to any of his texts. Sehun had to call Joonmyeon and learn from him that Luhan had safely returned to the bakery.

The little boy shrugged, “He not look sick. He look scary” he replied with wide eyes.

Sehun mentally slapped himself for not handling his pregnant hormonal boyfriend better.

“What did he say?” Sehun asked, sitting beside Shihan tiredly.

Shihan looked at his young father, “He say nothing. He talk on his own and make scary angry faces. He happy when he made lotsa yummy cookies at the shop. But when Shihan asked to take some for Appa, he gotted angry again”

Sehun pinched the bridge of his nose, “Jesus!” he groaned in misery.

“What wrong with Baba?” Shihan asked, “He never so scary”

Sehun sighed, “He had been scarier than this but don’t worry, he will be back to normal soon. Just don’t say or do anything for now okay?”

The little boy nodded and Sehun left him to find Luhan in the kitchen.

When he reached there, Sehun saw amusedly how Luhan tried to reach something from the top cabinet which was out of his reach. The pregnant boy stood on his toes but still his fingers were inches away from it. Curiously Sehun squinted to look up to see what exactly Luhan wanted so bad and rolled his eyes went his gaze fell on the bottle of bbq sauce.

Unlike his last pregnancy, Luhan did not crave for pickles. Instead he went crazy over bbq sauces, so much that Sehun had to put away the bottle far from Luhan’s reach when the pregnant boy had vomited right after eating some disturbing mixture of bbq sauce with something.

“Dammit!” Luhan cursed under his breath when his hands failed to reach the bottle of sauce. He wasn’t particularly craving it but he needed to eat it, just because Sehun had banned him from doing so.

Sehun watched as Luhan dragged a small plastic stool, which was usually kept for Shihan to stand on, and got up on it to reach the bottle. The taller boy almost laughed at his boyfriend’s face but he decided not to. He was already in deep , although for no fault of his own, and he didn’t want to make the situation worse.

Soundlessly he walked up to Luhan and stood behind him. Even after standing on the stool, Luhan was unable to reach the bottle.

“ing tall giant” Luhan cursed again as he dropped one hand to rub at his waist. He might have been mad at Sehun but his body wanted to feel Sehun’s magic fingers.

“Looking for this?” Sehun asked from the back as he casually grabbed the bottle of sauce.

Luhan jumped at his sudden voice and turned around to find the said ‘ing tall giant’ standing behind him, holding the bottle Luhan wanted.

He glared at the younger boy and held out his free hand, “Give me back my sauce” he demanded.

Sehun rolled his eyes but frowned when he saw Luhan rub at his lower back and wince.

He gently touched Luhan’s waist, “Babe are you feeling okay?” he asked worriedly.

Luhan flashed him a glare, “You have the audacity to ask me if I am okay?”

Sehun internally groaned, “Lu please listen to me” he pleaded.

Luhan got down from the stool and waddled away from Sehun.

“I don’t want to talk to you right now Sehun” he spat at the younger boy and checked on his cake.

Sehun sighed and walked behind him. He tried to wrap his arms around Luhan’s middle but the older boy turned back and pushed Sehun away from him.

“You” he pointed an accusing finger at him, “don’t get to hug me”

“But what did I do Lu?” Sehun asked frustrated, “Do you honestly think that I would do anything to hurt you? How could you think that I would flirt with my client?”

Luhan looked teary, “I didn’t think Sehun. I saw you with my own two eyes. You were smiling, grinning actually and she was standing too close to you and yet you had no problem with that. You didn’t even see that I was outside your office”

“Lu I was in a meeting with a client. You didn’t call or text, babe as much as I would love to say it but I don’t have sixth sense. How would I know that you were there? And she was standing close to me because she was looking at the presentation on my laptop” Sehun explained tiredly.

Luhan took a deep breath, “Didn’t look like a meeting to me” he grumbled and just then his child gave a strong kick. He moaned in pain, bending down, holding the kitchen counter.

“Babe!” Sehun called out in alarm and wrapped his arms around Luhan, “Hey what’s wrong, tell me?”

Luhan shook his head and shrugged Sehun’s hands from his body, “It’s nothing. I am tired Sehun. Please I can’t talk to you right now”

Luhan’s voice broke Sehun’s heart. The tone he used sounded pretty serious even for a hormonal Luhan. Sehun raked his brain for any missing clue – anything that he might have done to make Luhan so mad at him but came up with nothing. They rarely fought so whenever they did, Sehun felt utterly helpless. He looked at Luhan and how much in pain the older boy seemed to be in, most probably because he had been on his feet the entire day cooking and baking uselessly. Sehun bit his lip and tried to rub Luhan’s waist for him, for he knew the older boy must be hurting there.

But once again Luhan pushed his hands away.

“Just- just let me take care of you, please? I hate to see you in pain” Sehun literally begged.

Luhan shook his head, “You should have thought about that when you were busy flirting”

“Jesus! I wasn’t flirting!” Sehun raised his voice, just a bit, making Luhan shoot daggers at him with his eyes.

“Don’t raise your voice on me Oh Sehun” he warned but gasped when he felt his baby girl kick his stomach again. Don’t you take his side, he thought but got a series of hefty kicks in return.

He collapsed on the chair tiredly, “Look please just leave me alone for now Sehun. I don’t feel too well so stop making me talk too much”

Sehun closed his eyes and took a deep breath, “Okay fine. I’ll leave you alone. Just- please tell me if you are feeling too sick, please Lu” he said softly and left the pregnant man alone.

---

Dinner was a quiet affair in their household that night. Sehun and Luhan sat opposite to each other and didn’t utter a word, well Luhan didn’t. Sehun made several attempts at conversation but only got silent treatment as his answer. Even little Shihan remained quiet. It was as if he knew something was wrong between his Appa and Baba. He didn’t do his usual mischief during dinner.

After dinner Sehun got up to do the dishes but Luhan stopped him, “I will do it” he said firmly.

Sehun sighed, “Lu please. You have been on your feet the entire day. I don’t know what you are trying to prove here but you have got to stop pushing yourself like this” when he saw Luhan trying to protest, Sehun pulled out the last card which he knew would work on Luhan, “Think about Peanut first. You want to stay mad at me? Fine, do as you please. But don’t do anything that would hurt the two of you”

As expected Luhan kept quiet, his face softened as his hand caressed his swollen belly with care.

“Thank you” Sehun said softly as he gathered the dishes. When he was almost at the kitchen he heard Luhan’s voice, “I’m taking the couch”

Sehun spun around, astonished, “What do you mean you are taking the couch?”

Luhan looked right into his eyes, “Just what you heard. I am sleeping on the couch tonight”

Sehun wanted to scream at Luhan’s childishness, “Babe, don’t . Please”

“It's either that or I do the dishes” Luhan said defiantly.

Sehun sighed, “I’ll take the couch. You can sleep on the bed. It's either that or nothing”

Luhan glared at him for a few seconds then rolled his eyes, “Fine. Clean them up properly” he pointed to the dishes and waddled into the bedroom.

About 20 minutes later, Sehun came in making Luhan look at him suspiciously.

Sehun rolled his eyes, “Still want to sleep alone here?”

Luhan turned his back to Sehun and covered his head with the blanket. He felt the bed dip beside him under Sehun’s weight. His baby girl was hell bent on proving herself to be a perfect soccer player and kept on targeting Luhan’s insides. He knew if anybody could get the little one to settle down, it would be Sehun. But Luhan was still mad at him and so didn’t turn back , not even when Sehun left with a quiet ‘Night babe’.

---

Luhan turned for the hundredth time that night and looked at the digital clock.

12:07 it glowed in red.

Luhan scrunched up his face in pain and rubbed his belly with both hands.

“Shhh Peanut, stop kicking Baba so hard, please?” he asked quietly but his child was not in a mood to listen.

He had been tossing and turning since he had gone to bed about a couple of hours back. Luhan’s logical mind knew that his attempt at staying mad at Sehun would be futile since he couldn’t bear to sleep without the younger boy. But his hormonal mind liked to be stubborn.

He pushed himself to a half sitting half laying position and stuffed a pillow behind his back.

“Go to sleep baby girl, please. Baba is tired” he cooed rubbing circles on his belly but to no avail.

It was as if his voice had a negative effect on his babies. When he was pregnant with Shihan, it was like he hated Luhan’s voice. Shihan always seemed to recognize Sehun’s voice and touch and always settled down when Sehun was near. With his second pregnancy Luhan had hoped it would be different. But alas! His little Peanut too turned out to be just like how his little Junior was. “Appa’s favorites, huh?” Luhan asked with a fond smile and got a kick for an answer.

He reached back to rub at his waist which was killing him and so was his feet. He had been on his feet longer than needed, mostly to show his anger on Sehun, and now he was feeling the after effects.

He thought back to the morning at Sehun’s office and sighed. Truth was, he knew Sehun would never as much as look at another male, let alone another female, so it was pretty harsh to accuse him of being a flirt. But Luhan liked to blame his hormones for that. For some reason, seeing Sehun standing so close to another female had fuelled Luhan’s anger, when Sehun was being nothing but professional.

His baby girl kicked him again and Luhan gave in, “Okay fine I’m going to Appa. It’s like you don’t even care about me Peanut”

The next kick was softer than the previous ones.

Luhan rolled himself out of the bed with much difficulty, what with a belly the size of a house and all. After several attempts he managed to push himself off the bed. His feet and back protested at being used again but Luhan ignored them. He got out of the room and made his way to the couch in the living room where Sehun laid with a blanket covering his body.

Luhan slowly plopped beside him, grabbed his hand and guided it under the layers of his clothes to rest right over where his Peanut was staging a coup.

Sehun inhaled sharply and blinked his eyes open.

“Babe?” he asked in his sleep filled voice, “What’s the matter?”

Luhan winced quietly at a strong kick, “Peanut’s getting stronger. Make her stop” he demanded, but in a really soft voice, very unlike his tone from the evening earlier.

Sehun seemed to be fully awake at the kicks that he felt on his palm. He winced at the thought of how Luhan must be feeling.

Not removing his hand from the elder’s belly, Sehun sat up and pulled Luhan in between his legs. When he felt the older boy snuggling back, he wrapped his other arm around his waist to rest on his belly. Slowly and soothingly Sehun massaged the tight stretch of skin across Luhan’s belly.

He felt the older boy relaxing as the kicks got lesser.

Luhan sighed in slight relief, “Why do I even bother to carry them? I go through all the hardships and they turn out to be your pets even before they come out” he whispered but his voice had a fondness in it.

Sehun smiled, “Not my fault if I am irresistible”

“Your ego is getting harder to fit in this huge house, already” Luhan commented back.

Sehun only smiled as he lowered his head to kiss on Luhan’s exposed right shoulder. After a couple of kisses, he moved to at the spot right behind Luhan’s ear lobe.

“Don’t” Luhan stopped him, “I’m still trying to stay mad at you” he said in a quiet voice.

Sehun chuckled, “Really now? Well in that case, my work is done. Peanut has calmed down so you can go back to sleep”

“Fine” Luhan rolled his eyes and removed Sehun’s hands from his body. He made a move to get up but the next instant he groaned holding his belly.

Sehun snickered, “Peanut kicked again”, it wasn’t a question.

Luhan pouted, “It's like she is psychic. How is it possible for her not to kick when you touch her but show me no mercy at all?”

Shaking in head in amusement, Sehun lowered himself so he was at Luhan’s stomach’s level.

“Hey Peanut” he kissed on the warm soft belly, “I hear that you have been keeping Baba awake. Go back to sleep baby girl and don’t hurt Baba now. He is tired and he needs to sleep too. Okay?” he finished with a few more kisses, effectively putting the baby inside to sleep.

Sehun looked at Luhan’s face and kissed his forehead.

“Do you want to eat anything?” he asked knowing the pregnant boy’s weird cravings at weird times.

Luhan shook his head, “Come to bed with me, Sehunnie” he said softly.

Sehun wrapped his arms around Luhan and carried him bridal style to their bedroom.

“Sorry I kicked you out of the room, earlier” Luhan apologized looking down.

Sehun smiled and kissed his pouty lips, “Forget about it”

When Sehun woke up the next day, a fresh batch of chocolate cookies and a slice of raspberry black forest cake were waiting for him at breakfast.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------