Part 3

Sometimes complications are part of love

First of all, I apologize for the super delay in posting *bows*. My internet went crazy and it was a pain to even open a simple page. Thank God for mobile internet! Or else I would have been completely cut off from everything! I posted the chappy as soon as I got my internet connection back to working :)

One more thing...when I wrote the prequel to this story, I didn't have anyone particular in my mind as Luhan's ex. But then I went with Myungsoo in this one. So for the sake of this story, lets pretend that Myungsoo is older than Luhan.

Now on to the story.....

 

 

Luhan woke up to soft sheet and a warm body pressed on his back. Sehun’s arm was draped over his waist and his warm breath fanned Luhan’s nape. Luhan giggled softly at the feel of Sehun’s lips on his skin. Early in their relationship Luhan had found out that Sehun had a habit of puckering his lips slightly in his sleep and that habit of the younger always had amused the older Chinese boy.

Luhan could spend an eternity like that, wrapped in Sehun’s warm embrace but his stomach had other plans. Although the urge to throw up had been nagging Luhan for like a couple of weeks, none of them came early in the morning, yet. But Luhan could feel the true meaning of ‘morning sickness’ just that morning. He had been suppressing the urge to throw up for some time for the sake of a sleeping Sehun. He didn’t want to wake up his boyfriend from his peaceful slumber. But logic wasn’t in his unborn child’s vocabulary, it seemed, for the little one was hell bent on making its father expel the dinner from the night before.

Unable to hold on any further, Luhan threw away the covers, shoved Sehun’s arm away and made a mad dash for the bathroom, one hand covering his mouth, trying to hold on till he reached the right place.

Seeing his last night’s meal the first thing in the morning was never a way Luhan wanted to start his day and he hated it with everything. Now don’t get him wrong, he loved his son and his loved his yet unborn too, one could say Luhan loved being pregnant. But that didn’t mean he loved heaving his guts out like that, especially in the morning. Some would say that labor was the hardest and worst part of pregnancy but Luhan didn’t think so. Yes, labor was hard and really ugly but what came after that hard and ugly labor always made the pain worth it. A new life. And that’s more than enough for all the hardship. For Luhan, it was the morning sickness or more appropriately ‘all-day-sickness’ that was the worst part of pregnancy. Nothing miraculous came out after throwing up, except the tiredness and discomfort. So yeah, Luhan hated throwing up.

But then again, he already knew that logic wasn’t in his unborn child’s vocabulary, so no point in feeling mad about it. That’s why Luhan decided to give in to his fate and throw up everything that his stomach hated.

And that’s how Sehun found him a minute later, kneeled on the tiled bathroom, worshiping to the porcelain God.

“Babe?” Sehun asked in a groggily, voice laced with worry, as he crouched beside his sick boyfriend. He softly brushed away Luhan’s bangs from his forehead and checked for fever. He hated to see the love of his life hurt or sick and he didn’t like the pale hue of Luhan’s skin.

“Hu-Hunni-e” Luhan moaned, exhaustion evident in his voice, as he threw up the last remaining bits and flushed the offending things away.

Sehun got up to run a towel under the cold water and filled a glass for Luhan. Sitting back he put the wet towel on his boyfriend’s neck and pressed the glass of water to his lips, urging him to drink. Luhan rinsed his mouth and took sips of the cool liquid that felt wonderful on his burning throat.

Exhaustion crept in his bones and he sagged back on Sehun’s strong chest, trying to catch his breath. He felt the younger boy wiping the sweat out of his face and chest with the wet towel and once again thanked heaven to having Sehun in his life. He couldn’t have asked for a better partner – not just because Sehun knew how to take of him but because Sehun was perfect, overall.

“Are you feeling better now?” Sehun’s soft voice penetrated his mind and he forced himself to wake up.

Unable to say something coherent, he only nodded in exhaustion.

Sehun pressed soft kisses on Luhan’s forehead and trailed down to his nose and lips.

“You should have woken me up when you weren’t feeling well” Sehun said worriedly, holding his boyfriend tight.

Luhan snuggled closer to the younger’s chest. “I wasn’t feeling unwell before. Just woke up and felt sick. Besides, I didn’t want to wake you up. You looked peaceful” he replied with a kiss to Sehun’s jaw.

The younger boy sighed, “Doesn’t matter if I look troubled or peaceful. You tell me when you aren’t feeling well. And why on earth did you throw up?”

At the thought of that, Luhan’s throat choked up. He still hadn’t told Sehun about the pregnancy, hadn’t shown the four tests that he had taken to confirm his suspicion and still hadn’t told anything about Myungsoo. He knew that keeping the younger in dark was really a cruel thing to do on Luhan’s part but somehow he just couldn’t come up on how to tell both the news to Sehun.

“I – I don’t know. Probably the pizza didn’t sit well with me” he left the part where he had eaten the pizza with maple syrup. I will tell him soon, very soon. I just need the right time to tell him. Please don’t hate me, Sehunnie.

“Awwww I’m sorry babe” Sehun cooed kissing his neck tenderly. Luhan closed his eyes and leaned in the touch, trying to ignore the guilt in his heart for not telling Sehun the truth. But the next gesture from Sehun almost broke his heart.

The younger boy lifted up Luhan’s tee shirt and started rubbing circles on his rolling tummy. Luhan’s eyes teared up at the sweet motion. Unknown to Sehun, he was actually calming the baby down inside Luhan’s tummy, just like he used to do with Shihan. Luhan’s hand joined Sehun’s over his stomach and he wished if it was that easy to just tell Sehun about the baby.

The news was not the problem at all, but the pregnancy news combined with the news of Luhan’s ex – yeah that’s one hell of an explosive for one morning.

“—the bakery, today”

Luhan was so deep in his own thoughts that he missed half of what Sehun said to him.

“Huh?” he mumbled incoherently, making the younger boy roll his eyes.

“I said you are not going to the bakery today” Sehun repeated.

“Sehunnieeee” Luhan whined like a child but Sehun stopped all his attempts to persuade him to let him to go his shop.

“Don’t Sehunnie me Lu. Did you look at yourself? You can barely stand on your own and you feel a little warm too. So no, I am not letting you to go the bakery like this. Joonmyeon hyung and Jongdae hyung can handle it perfectly without you”

Luhan pouted but couldn’t stay mad at Sehun when the younger pressed sweet kisses on his cheeks and temple.

“I’m only doing it for your own good babe and you know it. Don’t be mad at me? Please?”

And who was Luhan to stay mad after looking at those adorable puppy eyes and pouty lips of his boyfriend.

“Alright fine” he gave in finally.

Grinning triumphantly, Sehun stood up and pulled the Chinese boy by his hands. The moment Luhan became vertical, the world started to spin around him and dark spots danced in front of his eyes. Had it not been for Sehun holding him, Luhan was sure he would have face planted on the bathroom room.

“Ahh, Sehunnie” Luhan mumbled squeezing his eyes shut to stop the spinning.

He felt Sehun’s strong arms around his waist. “Hey I got ya, babe, shhh…s’okay I got ya” he murmured in Luhan’s ears and the next moment Luhan felt himself being lifted up from the ground and safely in Sehun’s arms, as the younger walked out of the bathroom and put him on the bed.

Normally Luhan would have objected to such things, he wasn’t a fragile vase or something, but right then he was grateful for what Sehun did. He was too tired and too dizzy to take a single step.

Sehun kissed his boyfriend’s forehead and ran his fingers through the elder’s soft hair in a calming motion. He was so worried about Luhan. Sehun had been noticing the paler skin tone, the tiredness on his boyfriend for some time but didn’t say anything since Luhan had been acting a little emotional lately.  Sehun thought all Luhan needed was some rest and TLC but looking at his boyfriend, he felt worry gnaw in his chest.

“Stop thinking so loud, Sehunnie. I can hear you all the way from here” Luhan whispered against the boy’s chest and smiled when Sehun rubbed circles on his back.

“You don’t look so good to me, babe. I’m calling a doctor” Sehun said hugging the shorter boy to himself.

Luhan hugged back and opened his eyes, feeling a lot better than a couple of minutes ago.

“Worry wart” he teased the taller boy, “I am alright now. No need to call anybody. I just got a bit dizzy, Hunnie. I’m sure it’s because I threw up everything I ate last night. Don’t worry so much” he reassured the younger.

Sehun didn’t look convinced so Luhan did what he always did to win any argument with Sehun – he kissed him. At first Sehun was tensed, holding back obviously worried over the older boy but slowly Luhan could feel the tensed body relaxing against him as Sehun melted in the kiss.

When they broke away for air, both were feeling just a bit aroused.

“We shouldn’t continue, or else I won’t be responsible for my actions” Sehun chuckled softly, nuzzling Luhan’s ear making the shorter boy shiver slightly.

“Who said I’m going to hold you responsible?” he whispered seductively.

Sehun sighed and pulled back, kissing Luhan’s lips gently.

“As much as I want to, I shouldn’t. You’re sick and I’m not taking advantage of my sick boyfriend” he told the older.

Luhan rolled his eyes, “Barely advantage when I am begging you to come and take me”

Sehun laughed at Luhan’s dramatic expression, “Did all the puking make you ?” he teased his boyfriend.

“I don’t need to puke to get , Hunnie” Luhan winked seductively.

Sehun laughed, “Trust me, I know that but right now you need to take it easy okay? I’ll let Joonmyeon hyung know that you won’t be going today. Promise me you will take it easy?”

Luhan nodded, “Promise, Appa” he smiled.

---

It was 9 in the morning and Sehun had completely banned Luhan from stepping out of the bed.

The older boy kept quiet like an obedient child and watched as Sehun dressed himself for work, with Shihan snuggled up at his side.

As soon as the little boy had learnt that his Baba wasn’t feeling well, he had made himself glued to his birth father.

“You do realize that I am going to be bored out of my mind, staying home all day like this?” Luhan reminded his boyfriend.

Sehun kept on brushing his hair without looking at the older boy. He knew he would give in if he dared to look at Luhan’s doe eyes.

“You won’t. You can watch tv and play with Shihannie. Am sure he will love it, right buddy?” Sehun asked his son.

“Yes! Shihan play with Baba all day, Appa” the little child grinned widely at the prospect of having Luhan to himself for a full day.

Luhan smiled at his baby and ruffled his hair affectionately. He then turned to Sehun, “Sehunnie, I might have to go to the market later today” he informed.

“Write down what you need, I will get them after work” Sehun replied back.

Luhan rolled his eyes, “Really Sehun? Are you house-arresting me for feeling dizzy? I am not an invalid” he snapped loudly feeling annoyed.

But the next moment felt horrible for snapping.

Looking at Sehun, he saw the younger had not said anything back to him and continued with buttoning up his shirt. He watched as Sehun got dressed quietly and put his laptop in his bag, not uttering a word. Damn hormones, Luhan cursed in his head.

Sehun walked on the other side of the bed from Luhan and sat beside Shihan, who instantly went to hug his Appa and kiss him goodbye. Sehun smiled at his son and ruffled his hair.

“You be good to Baba, okay? Don’t trouble him and don’t play with your food. Listen to him” he instructed the little boy.

“Yes Appa. Shihan be good boy to Baba” he promised his younger father.

Sehun smiled, “I know you will be buddy. I know that. Now can you promise Appa something?” he asked. When the child nodded his head, Sehun continued, “Can you promise Appa that you will take care of Baba, today?” Shihan nodded his head sincerely and pinky promised his father. Sehun hugged the kid, “Thanks buddy and you take care of yourself too, okay?” he said kissing the child’s head.

“Okay Appa. Love you” Shihan peppered Sehun’s face with kisses like he did each day before Sehun left for work.

“Love you too buddy” Sehun smiled, returning the kisses on his son’s little face.

Luhan saw the scene and felt tears blurring his vision. He didn’t know what he had done to deserve Sehun but he was so blessed to have the younger boy with him. Surprisingly, even when he was with Myungsoo, he couldn’t picture the older man being that affectionate with kids.

When Sehun was about to leave without even a simple goodbye, Luhan couldn’t take it anymore.

“Sehunnie” he called him softly making Sehun stop and turn back, “Won’t I get my kiss?”

Sehun’s face softened as he sat back in front of his sick boyfriend and took his face in his hands. Kissing those plump lips he murmured against them, “I am only doing this because I worry about you, you big idiot. Don’t you know that by now?”

Luhan let his tears fall, unable to hold them back any longer, “I know. And I’m sorry for snapping at you. Don’t hate me please?” he cried softly.

Sehun was surprised at the sudden flow of tears and quickly hugged Luhan. “Hey hey…why the waterworks huh? S’okay babe, s’alright. Ofcourse I don’t hate you, I can’t. You know that. I love you so much”

Luhan sniffed, burying his face in Sehun’s chest, “I love you too. I’m sorry”

“Shhh…s’okay, don’t worry about it” Sehun reassured him rubbing his back comfortingly.

When Luhan calmed down, he pulled back, “Sehunnie I really need to go to the market. Please?” he pleaded, earnestly. He had been craving for certain things and knew Sehun won’t be able to get them for him, not without being suspicious.

Sehun sighed, “You won’t give up, will you?” to which Luhan only answered with another, “Pleeeeeeeease?”

Shaking his head Sehun finally agreed, “Fine. But only when you feel well enough. Is that clear?”

“Oh thank you thank you thank you, Sehunnie. You’re the best” Luhan giggled happily, wrapping his arms around Sehun’s neck.

“And you text me when you are going out. Deal?” Sehun asked.

“Yes yes yes deal! I love you Hunnie” Luhan kissed him on his lips.

“I love you too, babe” Sehun kissed back and left for work.

---

It was 2:30 in the afternoon and after showering and having lunch, Luhan felt perfectly fine to venture outside. He had been craving for strawberry milkshake and French fries for some time, and together. Yes, together as in dipping the fries in the strawberry milkshake and eat them. While the French fries weren’t an issue, Luhan was out of strawberry milkshakes at home.

He quickly dressed himself and his son and left the house after a quick text to Sehun, about going to the market.

Once inside the store, Luhan pulled up a shopping cart and started putting other things in it after grabbing his object of craving first. He saw Shihan running around the aisle, playing with himself.

“Bao bao, don’t run. You might slip and get hurt” he warned the child.

He was absorbed in deciding whether to take pomegranate juice or apple juice, when a voice startled him.

“Fancy meeting you here”

Luhan looked up to see Myungsoo standing there in front of him.

“Are you stalking me?” Luhan asked, playfully.

“In your dreams, Bambi” he snorted.

Luhan swatted his arm, “Yah! Don’t call me that” although he was laughing at the old nickname.

Myungsoo laughed.

“Shopping with family?” he asked looking around, trying to find anybody who might be with Luhan.

The younger boy only shook his head, “Nah. Just me and Shihan” he replied pointing to the toys aisle where Shihan was looking for something of his choice.

“And there I thought I would get to meet your boyfriend. We both now share so many pains together – what with having to deal with you in our lives” Myungsoo sniggered at Luhan’s mock furious expression.

The shorter boy shook his head smiling, “You have not changed a bit” he turned his head to Shihan and hollered, “Bao bao, common we need to get going”

“Coming Baba!” Shihan yelled in answer.

“So how long are you going to be here?” Luhan turned back to Myungsoo.

The taller boy shrugged, “Just tonight. I’m leaving tomorrow morning”

Luhan nodded but before he could answer, Shihan came running with a box of power ranger toys.

“Shihan what did Baba say about running?” Luhan reprimanded the child.

“Sowee Baba” the little boy pouted.

His father ruffled his hair, “It's alright. This is Baba’s old friend. Say hi” he said looking at Myungsoo.

The older boy widened his eyes at Luhan’s words. He never thought Luhan would want to introduce him to his son.

“Annyeong haseyo. Oh Shihan imnida” the little boy bowed politely, introducing himself.

Myungsoo blinked in surprise at Shihan’s name. Ofcourse he didn’t expect Luhan to put Kim as Shihan’s last name but he was very surprised that he didn’t even use his own last name for his son. But he didn’t say anything about it. He knew that it wasn’t his place anymore, it was never his place.

Instead he looked at the little boy and smiled at him, “Annyeong haseyo, Shihan-ssi, Kim Myungsoo imnida”

Shihan giggled at being called so formally by an older man.

Luhan smiled at the two. Even though they were nothing alike and Shihan would probably never see Myungsoo again in his life, Luhan still felt his heart swell in pride. Granted Myungsoo wasn’t really father material, but atleast he made an effort. Luhan knew Myungsoo must be wondering about how Shihan was an ‘Oh’ but still he didn’t ask anything to Luhan. That was something coming from Myungsoo.

“Shibao, have you gotten everything that you needed?” he asked his son.

The little child bit his lip and looked through the cart.

“Baba!” he gasped, with wide eyes, “Shihan forget something”

“Forgot” Luhan corrected him, “What did you forget?”

“Bub tea” the little boy said urgently, “Shihan forge-for-forgot bub tea” he stumbled over the word trying to follow his Baba’s correction.

Luhan mentally rolled his eyes. That was another thing Shihan got from Sehun. Who would say he wasn’t Sehun’s kid?

“Fine. Go get it and get one for your Appa too” before Luhan could finish, the little boy was running to the bubble tea aisle. “And don’t run” Luhan said again although he knew his son barely heard him.

“Bub tea?” Myungsoo asked curiously.

“Bubble tea. My kid already has an addiction to name” Luhan sighed, with a small smile.

“Looks like your boyfriend has that too” Myungsoo smiled.

“Where do you think Shihan got his habits from? I love bubble tea alright, but I am not in love with it” Luhan explained.

Myungsoo laughed shaking his head.

“Luhan…” he started but the younger boy cut him off with a knowing smile, “I know. How come Shihan uses Oh as his last name right?” Myungsoo gave a small nod. “Sehun adopted him, officially, after Shihan was born. He said he didn’t want Shihan to grow up wondering who his other father is. And I didn’t object either. It only makes sense. Sehun is Shihan’s father, no offence” Luhan explained with pride in his voice.

Myungsoo nodded slowly, processing the information, “Yeah none taken. It’s alright Luhan. I am glad you and Shihan have someone like Sehun”

“So are you going straight to England or visit China before that?” Luhan asked, bending over the cart handle to look if he had missed out something.

Myungsoo opened his mouth but he never got to reply.

A series of things happened in front of his eyes.

He saw Shihan running back in full speed, his little arms carrying one bottle of bubble tea each. The child was a ball of energy. He came too fast to be able to control himself and slipped on the polished floor, falling forward.

Luhan was still bent over the cart and didn’t know when Shihan came from behind him.

For a split second, Myungsoo thought Shihan would fall on the concrete floor and hurt himself badly but when he fell on Luhan, he felt relieved that the child’s fall was cushioned by Luhan.

But his relief was short lived as Luhan cried out in pain when Shihan’s weight caused him to lose his balance and crash on the shopping-cart’s metal handle, on his stomach.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!

*hides behind Kris*