Part 4

Sometimes complications are part of love

WISHING A VERRRRRRRRRRY VERRRRRRRRY HAPPY AND LOVE-FILLED BIRTHDAY TO MY BABY SEHUNNIE! 

 

The pic is not mine.

I wanted to update sooner but then decided to make it on Sehun's birthday. Its still his birthday in my country so HAPPPY BIRTHDAY HUNNIE!!!!

 

Story - 

 

 

Pain.

Agony.

Fear.

That’s what Luhan felt.

One moment he was looking for things in his cart and the next moment he felt a little weight push him from behind and he toppled over, the metal handle digging on his belly painfully.

He cried out as he fell on his knees on the floor, clutching at his aching belly.

No no no no no! please God no! please please please! His brain kept on chanting.

He heard Shihan crying, probably out of fear, and realized he needed to put his son before him at that moment.

He stretched an arm out for the boy who ran to hug him.

“Soweee Baba, Shihan soweee” he cried his little heart out.

Luhan bit his lips to keep his tears at bay, as he rocked Shihan to calm him down, whispering soft reassurances in the child’s ear. His own stomach felt sore and he needed to know if his baby was okay. Please be okay, he prayed in his head.

“Are- are you okay?”

For a moment there, Luhan had completely forgotten that Myungsoo was standing there too.

He looked at him, his eyes filled with pain.

“Myung-s-soo, I need you to take me to the h-hospital, right now. Please?” he said trying not to break down completely. He needed Sehun, only Sehun.

“Why? Is Shihan hurt?” Myungsoo asked in concern.

Luhan shook his head, “N-no… Shi-Shihan’s not hurt. I need to check something, its urgent Myungsoo”

“What are you talking about?”

Luhan had had enough of Myungsoo’s questions.

“I’M PREGNANT, DAMMIT!” he yelled at the older boy.

“Please, I hurt my stomach, I need to go to the hospital right now” he said in a broken voice.

Myungsoo froze. His eyes reflected the shock that he felt at the piece of information he got from Luhan. His mind went back to China 4 years ago, when Luhan had surprised him with similar news.

“I’m pregnant, Myungsoo”

“Wh-what?”

“I said I’m pregnant with your baby”

“…..”

“Say something!”

“I- I don’t know what to say. I – just – I’m sorry, Han…I don’t think I can do this”

“Myu-ngsoo. This baby- this baby…its yours too”

“I’m really sorry Han, I’m not ready…I can’t. Just…I can’t. Sorry”

“Myungsoo!”

“Myungsoo!” Luhan’s shout brought him back to the present, where Luhan was on the floor, holding Shihan in one hand and rubbing his flat stomach with the other.

“Myungsoo, please. I- I can’t drive with Shihan right now. Please you got to help me”

Myungsoo stood unmoving, unable to say or do something.

“I- Luhan I –” he stumbled over his words, like he did 4 years ago.

That seemed to infuriate Luhan.

“Kim Myungsoo, I swear if you run away at the first mention of pregnancy once again, I will kill you and I am not kidding” he spat with venom in his voice.

The threat seemed to work, for Myungsoo shook himself from the astonishment and helped Luhan up.

“Ow” the pregnant boy moaned, as he bent over, an arm wrapped over his stomach.

“Are you bleeding?” Myungsoo asked in a panicked voice.

Luhan bit his lip and moaned. “No. But it hurts Myungsoo” he cried softly, rubbing his sore area.

“Shh… common give me your car keys” Myungsoo grabbed the keys from Luhan and helped him walk to the car with Shihan. The little boy never stopped crying and he held on to Luhan with an iron grip.

“You sit with Shihan in the back, he needs you now” Myungsoo said, before sliding into the driver’s seat.

Luhan hugged Shihan tightly to himself.

“Shhh bao bao, calm down, s’okay shhhh” he kept on repeating to the distressed child.

Pulling out his phone, he dialed Sehun’s number, but it kept on ringing.

Why can’t I ever get Sehun’s phone when I need to tell him about my baby? Luhan cursed in his mind and dialed Jongin’s number. After two rings he picked up.

“Hey hyung”

“Jongin, where’s Sehun?” Luhan asked urgently.

“Hello hyung, how are you? I’m doing fine, thanks for asking” Jongin replied in his usual sarcastic manner, making Luhan grit his teeth.

“Not in the mood right now Kim Jongin” he said sternly, “Where is Sehun? He didn’t pick up his phone”

“He’s in a meeting” Jongin replied.

“Why aren’t you in the meeting?” Luhan asked back.

“I just got out. Nature’s call. What’s so urgent that you called me?”

Luhan’s breath hitched, “Jo-Jongin, please tell Sehun to come to the hospital, as soon as possible”

“What’s wrong? Are you okay hyung? Is Shihan okay?” Jongin asked in a worried voice.

“I can’t tell you now, please tell Sehun to come soon” Luhan cried.

“Luhan hyung, what’s the matter? Sehun told me you were sick this morning” Jongin asked, genuinely concerned.

“Shihan is okay. Just tell Sehun to hurry, please- please Jonginnie” Luhan’s voice broke at the end.

There was silence for a couple of seconds and then Jongin replied, “We’ll get there in 15 minutes hyung”

Luhan had a fraction of second to realize Jongin said ‘we’ instead of ‘he’.

“No Jonginnie you don’t have to come, just send Sehun” Luhan tried to stop the younger boy but Jongin cut him off, “We are coming hyung. Just hang in there” and the line went off.

Luhan sighed looking at the phone.

“Idiot” he muttered softly, shaking his head.

“Who did you call?” Myungsoo asked from the front.

Luhan looked at the older boy and thought about Jongin.

“My little brother” he replied, voice laced with fondness.

Myungsoo looked at him with a puzzled expression.

“I never knew you had a – ”

“I do have one” Luhan cut him off, “For the past 4 years”

---

Sehun was numb.

He didn’t remember how he had gotten himself out of the office, leaving the meeting midway but he wasn’t worried over it at all. His friends could manage that. The meeting wasn’t even the issue there.

All he remembered was Jongin taking him out of the room and saying something on the lines of Luhan and hospital. The rest were drowned in his inner anxiety. Just the words ‘Luhan’ and ‘hospital’ were enough to paralyze Sehun.

He felt himself getting pulled and guided by his best friend and vaguely remembered getting inside his car but on the passenger seat. He heard Jongin making frantic call to Kyungsoo and then the tanned boy floored the car.

All he could think was Luhan’s pale face with dark circles under his eyes, from the morning, his tired voice and fragile condition. Luhan looked sick and Sehun cursed himself for leaving his lover for work. If I hadn’t left for work, he wouldn’t have gone out of the house and wouldn’t have been in the hospital now, Sehun couldn’t help but blame himself.

His expression must have given it away for the next thing he felt was Jongin squeezing his shoulder in reassurance.

“Sehun-ah it's not your fault. Don’t blame yourself over something you had no control of”

“But Jongin…”

“But nothing. How could you have known that something would happen to hyung? Do you think hyung knew it? He wouldn’t have gone out too if he had known, right? But neither of you did. It was an accident Sehun. Besides, we don’t even know what happened. Hyung called me himself, so he was in a speaking condition. That’s a good thing man. Common…have some faith here”

Sehun hadn’t ever been more grateful to his best friend. He knew Jongin was freaking out from the inside. Luhan was like the big brother he never had. So for him to get a call from that said brother about being in hospital surely was scary. But Jongin was keeping it together for Sehun’s sake.

“He’ll be alright, right Jongin?” Sehun asked, like a child to its parent and Jongin nodded in a determined manner, “Ofcourse he will be. Hyung’s a tough cookie, you know that”

The rest of the ride went by a blur as Jongin broke every possible rule to reach the hospital. Even before the car could come to a complete stop, Sehun was out of it. Now that he was closer to Luhan, he needed to see his boyfriend as soon as possible. He couldn’t wait longer.

---

Myungsoo felt strange sitting in the waiting room beside Luhan, waiting for his name to be called. He hardly ever accompanied Luhan for any sort of medical issues when they were together. So for him to stay with Luhan then at the hospital was awkward to say atleast. And from the looks of it, Luhan wasn’t enjoying his presence either. His face was set with a frown and he hadn’t taken his hand off his tummy since. Shihan on the other hand was a crying mess. Somehow the little boy sensed that things weren’t really ‘alright’ with his Baba, if they were at the hospital and Myungsoo could hear whimpers coming out of his little mouth, despite being in Luhan’s arms.

Myungsoo reached out to take Shihan from Luhan’s arm, so that the other boy could get comfortable but Luhan stopped him with a “Don’t!”

Myungsoo looked startled, “I – was only going to calm him down. You have been cramped in that seat for a while now”

But Luhan shook his head, “I am fine, as much as I can be. Let Shihan stay with me. You can’t make him calm down”

Myungsoo felt a bit insulted at that, “I get that I haven’t known him much but Luhan I think I can handle a crying kid, just fine”

Luhan gave him a sharp look, “Do you? Name one kid you have taken care of. Just name one kid you even know of” when Myungsoo remained silent Luhan rolled his eyes, “Thought so. Besides, even if you can take care of crying kids Shihan is different”

Myungsoo sighed, “Luhan I can –”

“No you can’t. Not Shihan. Have you not observed anything till now?” Luhan asked him.

“What do you mean?” Myungsoo asked not getting where the younger was going.

“He has been sitting on my lap since we got in my car but still he hasn’t stopped crying. I am his Baba and still he is crying. What does that tell you Myungsoo? Still think you can handle a crying Shihan?” Luhan countered back.

Myungsoo widened his eyes in realization. He felt a tiny pang in his heart but he knew he had nobody but himself to blame. He truly realized how late it was.

Looking at Myungsoo’s face Luhan nodded, “Sehun’s the only one who can calm Shihan down. I- I am not trying to make you feel bad or anything Myungsoo. Don’t take it otherwise. But you can see him right now. Shihan only ever listens to his Appa. You can buy him the toys of the world but you can’t make him stop crying. Not until Sehun’s here”

Myungsoo swallowed hard and nodded, “Yeah. Yeah I get that. Sorry, I was just trying to help”

Luhan looked at him with sympathetic eyes, “I know you were. Thank you for bringing us here”

Myungsoo waved his hand to stop Luhan from thanking him over and over.

Just then Luhan’s name was called and Myungsoo got up to help Luhan stand with Shihan still in his arms, wrapped like a little koala bear.

They walked in the doctor’s room to find an elderly lady doctor.

“Hello dear. What seems to be the problem?” she asked in a calming tone with a motherly smile.

Luhan took a deep breath, “I was shopping when I lost my balance and fell on the shopping cart. I hit my stomach on the cart handle. I – I am pregnant” Luhan’s eyes teared up.

The doctor gave him an encouraging smile, “Now dear let’s not think the worse yet. Tell me, have you been feeling any cramps around your stomach? Or was there any bleeding after the accident?”

Luhan shook his head, “N-no but my stomach feels sore when I touch it”

The good doctor nodded, “How far are you in?”

Luhan bit his lips, “I don’t know yet. I have been feeling nauseous and a little under the weather for a couple of weeks, so I took a home pregnancy test yesterday.”

“Okay, get on the bed and lie down. Let’s get you and your little one checked” the doctor motioned for Luhan towards the examination bed.

“And you are the father” the lady looked at Myungsoo. It wasn’t a question. She naturally thought if Myungsoo came with a pregnant boy and a child then he must be the partner.

“NO!”

“NO!”

Both Luhan and Myungsoo replied together loudly, making the doctor look at them in surprise.

“He’s just a friend. My partner’s on the way now” Luhan answered taking a seat on the bed.

The doctor nodded and didn’t ask any further questions and waited for Luhan to lie down properly.

“Bao bao, can you let go of Baba a little bit?” Luhan asked softly to his whimpering son. Shihan shook his head ‘no’ and tightened his hold around Luhan.

“Baba’s not going anywhere I promise, bao bao. Just for a few minutes. You need to move just a little bit so that the doctor can see Baba” Luhan tried again.

 But Shihan only whimpered and didn’t move. Luhan sighed and looked at the doctor apologetically.

The lady smiled kindly at him. She walked up to Shihan and rubbed his little back in a slow motion.

“Hey honey, why are you crying?” she asked in her motherly tone.

Shihan turned his face at the source of new voice.

“Shi-Shihan m-maked Baba fa-fall” he hiccupped as fresh tears ran down his chubby cheeks.

The doctor wiped them with her thumb, “I am sure you didn’t mean to make Baba fall. Am I right?” she asked to which the child nodded.

“Do you want to help Baba, Shihan?” she asked.

Shihan looked surprised, “Shihan c-can help?”

“Ofcourse you can” the doctor smiled encouragingly, “Will you do what I tell you to do?”

Shihan lifted his head from Luhan’s shoulder and although tears were still running down his cheeks, he nodded bravely.

“Good boy” the lady praised him and ruffled his hair, “Now I want you to let go of your Baba and sit beside him on the bed”

Shihan didn’t look convinced or willingly, for the matter.

“Trust me, it will help Baba. Don’t you want that?” the doctor asked again.

Shihan looked down for a few moments then he slowly got off Luhan’s lap to sit beside him on the bed.

Luhan looked at the doctor with a grateful smile and mouthed a ‘thank you’ to her.

The doctor smiled as she nodded and waited for Luhan to lie down, fully. She turned to Shihan.

“Now honey you take Baba’s shirt and pull it up, above his tummy” she instructed.

Luhan’s eyes teared up and his heart swelled at his little son helping him, “Thank you Shibao” he smiled at him.

“Wonderful” the doctor once again praised the little child, “You did so good honey. Now you hold Baba’s hand tightly and don’t let go of him, okay?” Shihan did exactly that.

The doctor put a cold gel on Luhan’s stomach, making the boy shiver.

“Sorry. It’s a bit cold” the lady apologized, and brought a wand to rest on Luhan’s gel covered stomach. She turned the wand a few times looking intently at the screen.

Luhan held his breath and kept his eyes shut. His heart sank lower when he found no words coming from the doctor’s mouth. He waited for the dreaded ‘I’m sorry but you have lost your child’ to come out of the doctor’s mouth.

“—looks absolutely healthy”

The lady’s voice made Luhan snap his eyes open.

“What?” he asked; not believing his own ears.

The doctor smiled at him, “Your baby looks absolutely healthy, dear. Whatever happened, it didn’t touch your baby a bit. You might feel a little sore around your tummy for a few days but that’s only because of the impact of the fall. You don’t have to worry anything about your little one. And you are about 10 weeks pregnant”

Luhan closed his eyes as tears of relief rolled from under his closed eyelids.

“Oh thank God” he sighed in content. “Thank you so much” he thanked the doctor, looking at her.

“Just doing my job dear. But you need to be very careful from now on” she said, wiping the gel from Luhan’s stomach.

“Yes yes I will be. God! I will be extra careful” Luhan promised. “10 weeks you said? But I never felt anything until a couple of weeks ago” Luhan asked the doctor.

“That happens a lot, dear. No need to worry about that. I have had patients who had been almost five months pregnant, without their knowledge” the doctor reassured Luhan.

Luhan nodded and touched his belly, “Can you print the sonogram pictures please?” he asked the doctor, to which she nodded with an “ofcourse”.

“You can get up now. I will be back with the pictures in a moment” the doctor left Luhan with Myungsoo looking at him with relieved eyes.

“Thank God you both are okay. You had me worried there” he said to the younger.

Luhan smiled at him, “Sorry for making you do this. But thank you so much, Myungsoo. If you hadn’t been there today, I don’t know what I would have done. Thank you so so much”

Myungsoo shook his head, “Stop doing that now. I am glad I could help you. It's the least I could do after…” he paused, “…after everything that happened in the past”

“It’s alright, L” for the first time since they met after 4 years, Luhan referred to him by his nickname, “I have forgiven you. Don’t think about it anymore”

Myungsoo looked surprised at Luhan’s use of his nickname, “Thanks. I appreciate it” he smiled in gratitude.

Luhan went to sit up and winced at the soreness of his stomach, making Shihan burst into tears once again.

“Ohh Shihannie, shhhh shhhh, no more tears bao bao. Baba is alright. You heard the lady say. Don’t cry shhh” Luhan wiped the tears from his son’s face but fresh ones kept flowing. He heard a few familiar voices from outside the room and looked up to find Sehun, Jongin and a panicked Kyungsoo standing right out of the door.

“A-Appaaaa” Shihan cried loudly, jumping out of the bed and dashed towards Sehun, who picked him up instantly in his arms.

Myungsoo’s eyes followed Shihan and found his ‘Appa’. He saw the scene unfolding in front of his eyes and looked away. He would be lying if he said he wasn’t a little jealous but that wasn’t for Luhan’s love for Sehun, it was Shihan’s love for his Appa. Myungsoo realized that he was over Luhan but even though he didn’t particularly feel like a father to Shihan, still it stung to see someone else having the ability to comfort his son. Stop saying that, he isn’t your son. Shihan never was. He belongs to Sehun, his rightful Appa, he rectified himself. He could see Shihan slowly calming down and his tears ceasing as Sehun rocked him in his arms.

“Told you. Only Sehun can do that and nobody else. Not even me” Luhan murmured, looking at the same direction as Myungsoo.

The older boy nodded, “Sehun- he seems very good with Shihan. I am glad both of you have someone like him in your lives”

Luhan only nodded when the door opened and Sehun rushed inside to Luhan, still holding Shihan in one arm.

“Babe” he called in an almost choked voice.

Luhan took his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, “It’s okay, everything’s okay. Don’t worry about anything”

Sehun nodded blinking back tears, “When Jongin said you were in the hospital, I …”

But Luhan cut him off with a deep kiss.

“Sorry I made you worry so much. But I’m fine now. We are okay. All three of us” Luhan smiled at Sehun.

Sehun looked at him with confused eyes, “Huh? Three?” he asked clueless.

Luhan rolled his eyes and flicked Sehun on his forehead, “Pabo Sehunnie” he smiled softly before grabbing Sehun’s hand and placing it over his stomach, “Three” he repeated once again.

Realization hit Sehun, as he widened his eyes in surprise and happiness and looked from Luhan’s face to his hand resting on the elder’s belly.

“You… you’re!” he grasped for words.

Luhan chuckled, “Yes, I am pregnant. You are going to be an Appa, again”

“Oh my God babe, that’s the best news ever” Sehun grinned before crashing his lips with Luhan’s for a hot kiss.

The clearing of throat from the room, made the two love birds break the kiss and blush.

Sehun turned to look at the stranger standing near the door.

“Umm… Luhan, I should go now. Feel better soon” Myungsoo rubbed his neck.

Luhan could feel Sehun’s gaze on him and he decided that it was now or never. He had had enough of keeping things from Sehun.

“Myungsoo this is my boyfriend Sehun. And Sehun this is Myungsoo, my – my fr-friend from China. He was the one who brought me to the hospital” Luhan introduced the two of them.

Sehun and Myungsoo looked at each other silently for a few moments, as if measuring one another from head to toe. After a while, Sehun extended his hand towards Myungsoo, who accepted it with a small smile.

“Thank you for helping Luhan and Shihan” Sehun thanked in a soft voice. Myungsoo shook his head, “Anybody would have done that. Please don’t thank me anymore. Luhan had done enough to last me a lifetime” he smiled making Sehun smile too.

“It was nice meeting you Sehun. I should let you be with your family now. Take care, all of you” Myungsoo said in a genuine voice.

Sehun nodded, “You too”

Myungsoo looked at Luhan, “Goodbye, Han, take care”

When Luhan didn’t correct him, he smiled.

“Take care L, bye” Luhan smiled.

Myungsoo looked at Shihan in Sehun arms and waved at him, “Good bye Shihan-ssi, grow up healthy”

Shihan waved at him, “Bye bye” he smiled shyly.

With a smile and nod to Sehun one last time, Myungsoo walked out of the door.

---

Sehun walked up to Luhan and leaned down to kiss his forehead.

“Are you okay?” he asked softly.

“I am now. I’m fine” Luhan nodded with a smile.

Jongin and Kyungsoo walked in with big grins on their faces.

“Congrats!” they said together making Luhan wonder how they knew.

Jongin waved the sonogram pictures, just as Luhan’s doctor came in.

“He is a very persistent young man” the doctor lady looked at Jongin with a motherly smile.

Luhan shook his head, “I apologize for anything and everything that came out of his mouth. He was dropped on his head as a baby”

The doctor laughed and Jongin gave a very un-manly wail of protest.

“It’s good to see you smile dear. And it's even better to see such a lovely family” the doctor smiled before leaving the room.

“Hyung” Jongin said softly before wrapping his arms around Luhan. The older boy rubbed his back gently.

“I’m okay Jonginnie. Hyung’s alright” Luhan ruffled his hair when they broke the hug.

“You scared the shi-” Jongin stopped at Luhan’s glare at his choice of words in front of Shihan. “Ship, scared the ship out of me” he finished lamely.

Luhan rolled his eyes at Jongin’s attempt to frame his sentence Shihan proof.

“Sorry about that. But it’s all good now. We are all fine, so no worries” Luhan smiled brightly.

---

Luhan moaned in slight pain at his sore stomach as Sehun helped him lie on the bed, propped up with pillows.

Sehun pulled his shirt up and started to tenderly rub around the hurt area.

“Does it hurt a lot?” he asked worriedly.

Luhan shook his head, “It’s just sore, nothing else”

“Can I get you anything? Water? Food?” Sehun asked, trying to get up but Luhan grabbed his arm to stop him.

“Sehunnie, stay here. I need to tell you something” Luhan waited for Sehun to settle back before talking, “I took a few pregnancy tests at home, yesterday. All four of them came positive. I – I wanted to tell you so bad, Sehunnie. Please don’t think I was trying to keep you in the dark.”

Sehun kissed his nose, “It’s okay babe. I’m not mad at you for that. You must have had a good reason why you couldn’t tell me last night. I know you would never keep something like this from me. So don’t worry” he comforted the older boy.

Luhan nodded, “Thank you” he took a deep breath, “Sehunnie, the guy you met at the hospital, Myungsoo, he is –”

To his surprise Sehun finished his sentence, “Your ex. Shihan’s biological father. Yeah I know”

Luhan opened his mouth to say but closed it. He opened it again but still nothing came out from his throat.

“You- you d-do? H-how?” he asked surprised.

“His face is exactly like Shihan’s when he poops” Sehun deadpanned.

Luhan chuckled and hit Sehun’s arm, “Are you saying that I dated a poop-faced guy?”

Sehun laughed and shook his head, “Nah kidding. He looks well”

“Then how did you know?” Luhan asked.

“Could you two be any more awkward around each other? Anybody would have guessed that the two of you shared a not-so-pleasant past” Sehun laughed, “Besides you had mentioned his name a few times when you were pregnant with Shihan. How you wanted to chop off his body parts and feed them to vultures” Sehun sniggered.

Luhan shook his head, smiling, “I am terrible when pregnant”

But Sehun smiled and claimed his lips, “Just don’t wish such a thing on me”

“Never. But you can’t hold it against me when I’ll be in labor” Luhan sighed, “I didn’t know he was in town. Neither did he. We just met by pure chance at the bakery. I- I wanted to tell you but I just couldn’t figure out a way to give you both the news, without making it sound really wrong”

Sehun shook his head and kissed his older lover, “You worry too much babe. I wouldn’t have doubted you for meeting your ex by co-incidence. I wouldn’t have doubted you, period”

Luhan nodded, “I know that, I know you would understand. I don’t know why I was worried. Hormones I guess”

Sehun rolled his eyes, “Yeah right. Blame your own stupidity on my kid now. Nice Lu” he teased the older earning an adorable pout.

“Sehunnie so mean. I should tell Shihan that you were being a meanie to me”

Sehun chuckled, “I would like to see you try. Shihan would forever take my side. We both are made of awesomeness. Speaking of, should we tell him the big news?”

Luhan nodded with a big smile, “Bring him in here. I can’t wait to tell him”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

How many of you actually thought that I would hurt the baby???? :P I can't do that to my Sehunnie and Luhannie....never XD

Sooooo....thats the last of Myungsoo. I did initially plan to make him a real jerk but I couldnt. I love him too much! So I just had to make him turn out to be a good person. And remember that if he hadnt been a jerk to Luhan all those years ago, then Luhan wouldnt have had any reason to leave China and therefore HunHan would have never met. So its all thanks to Myungsoo XD

Next chappy would be based on Shihan and what's going on inside his head and how he takes the news about being a big brother :) 

Till then....love you all !!!!