Part 5

Sometimes complications are part of love

WISHING THE MOST ADORABLE AND ANGELIC DEER, LUHAN,  A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Picture is not mine

Story ---

Sehun stepped into Shihan’s room to find the child engrossed in a Disney cartoon. Apart from looks, if Shihan inherited anything from his birth father it was his love for all things Disney.

Sehun smiled at the sight before him.

Shihan lay on his bed with his knees folded under him, his little up in the air, his face supported by his palms.

He was so into the cartoon that he didn’t realize his Appa coming in.

“Am I being replaced by Donald Duck?” Sehun whispered in Shihan’s ear making the boy squeak in surprise.

“Appa” Shihan gave a big grin before launching himself in Sehun’s waiting arms.

“So? Is that duck better than Appa?” Sehun asked with a smile.

“Noooo” Shihan giggled, “Appa comed like ninja”

“Appa came” Sehun corrected his son, tapping on his button nose before kissing his forehead.

Shihan looked at Sehun with sad eyes, “Is- is Appa mad at Shihannie?” the little boy asked in a small voice.

Sehun frowned at that. Shihan sounded very upset and he had no idea why.

“What are you talking about buddy? Why would I be upset with you? You know Appa loves you so much Shihannie” Sehun held Shihan’s little face by his chin so that the child was looking at him. He was stunned to see tears shinning in his otherwise happy son’s eyes. “What’s wrong, Junior?” Sehun asked worriedly.

At that Shihan burst into tears, “Shi-Shhhihaa-n…Shihan sowee Appa, Shihan so sowee” the little child cried.

And that confused Sehun further. “Why are you sorry Junior? You didn’t do anything wrong” he soothed the child gently but Shihan shook his head, “N-no no Junior breaked Appa’s promise”

Sehun didn’t correct the child. Instead he looked at him curiously, “My Junior can never break any promise. I know that. So why are you crying?”

“Ap-pa telled Shihan to look after Baba, but Shihan no do that. Shihan … Shihan ma-maked Baba fa-fall. Shihan sowee” the four year old sobbed in Sehun’s chest.

Hearing his son’s words broke Sehun’s heart. A kid as young as Shihan and yet so sensitive was rare to find. The level of maturity that Shihan expressed at times always stunned Sehun and Luhan. He would be a perfect kid most of times but at times like that, Shihan showed how much he had grown up mentally despite his young age.

Sehun took his son’s little face in his palms and gently thumped the tears running down his round chubby cheeks.

“Baby look at me..hey hey..shh just look at Appa” Sehun called him in his soft voice and kissed his forehead to calm him down. It's like Sehun’s voice had magic in it, for every time it's the only thing that could calm Shihan fully.

The little boy looked at his Appa and sniffed.

“You did not break any promise to Appa, kiddo. You did take care of Baba in the hospital, remember? You were there with him when Appa wasn’t. So don’t say that you broke your promise. Arasso?” Sehun looked at him in the eye so that his son could see the truth in his words.

Shihan swallowed a few times then nodded slowly.

Sehun sighed, “And one more thing, you didn’t make Baba fall okay?”

“B-but Shihan did” the little child protested, once again looking down but Sehun nudged his chin again and made him look up into his eyes.

“No you didn’t. You slipped on the floor and fell on Baba. You didn’t do it on purpose Junior, it was just an accident” Sehun explained to him in a calm voice.

“Ba- Baba hurted his tum-tummy. Sh-Shihan felled Baba” he hiccupped and started crying.

Sehun shook his head and hugged the crying child to his chest.

“Shhhh Junior, don’t cry. It was an accident baby, nothing else. Baba did hurt his tummy but he is fine now, so don’t cry anymore. Shhh…” he rocked the child and rubbed his quivering little back.

“Baba okay?” Shihan asked in a small voice, his words muffled by Sehun’s chest.

“Yes he is Junior and he is missing you” Sehun replied with a kiss on Shihan’s crown.

The child sniffed, “Shihan miss Baba too” then hiccupped, “B-but Shihan so sowee”

Sehun pulled his son a little away from his chest, “Tell me something Junior, did you mean to hurt Baba? Make him fall? Did you?”

The little boy widened his eyes and frantically shook his head no.

“If you had not fallen on Baba, then you would have been badly hurt. Do you think Baba would have felt happy if you had been hurt? Or Appa would have felt happy if you were hurt? Hmm?” Sehun asked him.

Shihan bit his bottom lip and lowered his eyes, “Appa and Baba be sad if Shihan hurted” he said softly.

“Exactly. Do you know why Junior?” Sehun once again let Shihan’s wrong words slide. His priority at the moment was making his son to stop feeling guilty.

Shihan looked up and shook his head no.

“It’s because Baba and Appa can feel how Shihannie feels. If Shihannie is happy then we are happy too and if our Shihannie is sad then we feel sad too” Sehun explained in simple words.

“Really?” Shihan looked with wide surprised eyes.

Sehun smiled at that, “Yes really. So now you know how Appa is feeling to see you sad”

Shihan blinked a couple of times then lunged at Sehun, wrapping his pudgy little arms around his neck.

“Appa no sad, please Appa. Shihan happy now. Shihan no sad no more” he rambled on kissing Sehun’s cheek making the older boy chuckle at his son’s antics.

“Okay okay Appa is not sad anymore. Is Shihan happy now?” Sehun asked pulling the kid back.

“Yes” the four year old gave his adorable smile.

Sehun kissed his nose, “Now that’s my Junior. No more tears okay?”

“Okay” Shihan nodded happily.

“Do you want to see Baba now? There’s something he wants to show you”

“What? What Appa?” Shihan bounced excitedly.

Sehun laughed, “You will know soon. Let’s go to Baba before he starts missing us too much”

---

Luhan looked up from the sonogram picture of his baby when the door to his and Sehun’s bedroom opened and his boyfriend walked in with their son in his arms.

“There you are. I was starting to think you two had left me alone to eat ice cream” he smiled.

Sehun settled down beside him on the bed and passed Shihan to Luhan outstretched arms.

“We were having some quality father-son time, right Junior?” Sehun ruffled his son’s hair.

Shihan nodded as he wrapped his arms around Luhan’s neck and gave his cheeks wet kisses.

“Shibao missed Baba” he said adorably making Luhan tear up in happiness. He loved how Shihan sometimes referred to himself with the name that Luhan called him.

“Baba missed Shibao too” he choked up and kissed Shihan’s forehead.

“Is Baba sad?” Shihan asked looking at his father’s tears, “Baba no sad no more. Shibao happy now so Baba be happy too”

Luhan smiled wiping his tears away, “Baba is happy too bao bao. These are happy tears. Baba is so happy to see bao bao”

Shihan smiled and let his father hug him tightly. His eyes fell on the sonogram picture beside Luhan.

“Baba? What that?” Shihan asked pointing towards them.

Both his parents followed his gaze and smiled.

Luhan picked up the pictures, “There’s something we need to tell you bao bao” he smiled at his son.

Shihan bobbed his head, “Mmm hmmm, Appa telled Shihan”

“Told” Luhan corrected him out of habit, “Shibao how would you feel to have someone to play with?” he asked his son.

Shihan’s face broke into a huge smile.

“Shihannie get puppies?”

Luhan slapped his own forehead and Sehun burst out laughing.

Shihan frowned, “Why Appa and Baba laugh?” he asked confused.

Sehun pulled the child on his lap, “That’s because my Junior is so funny”

“We are not getting a puppy, Shibao. We are getting a baby with whom you can play” Luhan said.

Shihan pouted, “But Shihannie want puppy”

Sehun stifled a laugh, “I know but babies are fun too. Babies can talk which puppies cannot”

That seemed to have changed Shihan’s mood. “Babies talk? Shihan can talk to babies? And play too? And watch Donald Duck? And eat ice cream? Appa, can Shihan?” he asked excitedly.

“Yes yes baby. You can play, eat, talk and watch movies and many more with a baby”

“Yayy” Shihan clapped his hands, “Then Shihan wants lots n lots of babies” he declared happily.

Luhan choked and Sehun couldn’t control his laughter any longer.

“Wh-what do you mean you want lots n lots of babies bao bao?” Luhan asked with wide shocked eyes.

Shihan shrugged his shoulders, “Babies are fun so Shihan want lots. When Shihan buy the babies?” he asked his fathers.

“Baby. Shihan, baby. Not babies. Just one baby” Luhan shook his head, trying not to think about him being pregnant with multiples.

“Aww why? Shop not have lots of babies?” Shihan pouted cutely.

Sehun bit his lip from laughing too much, “Junior, babies aren’t found in shops.”

“Oh” Shihan made a thinking face, “Then where Shihan buy babies?”

Sehun pointed to Luhan, trying to suppress his laughter.

“Baba sell babies too in cake shop?” Shihan asked in awe.

“No! no! Baba doesn’t sell babies in the shop. Selling babies is bad thing Shihan, bad bad thing and don’t ever say that again… Jesus, Sehun stop laughing will you?” Luhan exploded finally.

Sehun held his sides, as he doubled over in laughter, “So- sorry babe… but he just asked that so cutely”

“That’s why I am always the bad parent” Luhan sulked.

“Appa, Baba no sell babies then how Shihan get them?” the clueless little boy asked his father.

Sehun sobered up from his laughing fit, “Junior, babies aren’t sold okay? If you want one, then you need to ask Baba nicely.”

“Baba Shibao please get babies?” he turned to his other father.

Luhan groaned, “Baby just one baby Shihan. Baba can’t give you more than one”

Shihan pouted and looked at Sehun, “Appa see, Baba no give Shihan lots of babies”

Sehun hugged his son and laughed at Luhan’s wail of protest.

“Junior lets have one baby first. We will think about more later. Okay?”

Shihan pondered over Sehun’s words. If it had been anybody else, even Luhan, Shihan wouldn’t have agreed so easily. But since it was Sehun who said that, the little boy agreed instantly.

“Okay. Baba Shibao get one baby please?” he asked pulling out his sweet puppy eyes.

Luhan looked at him and sighed, “Yes one baby is good”

Shihan clapped in glee, “Yay!!! When do Shihan get a baby? Tomorrow?”

Luhan smiled, “Not so soon bao bao. You have to wait for some time”

“How long?” Shihan whined.

“A few months”

“Noooooooo! Shihan want baby now!”

“Sehun please?” Luhan looked at his boyfriend helplessly.

Sehun smiled, “Junior you remember how that Lily plant grew when Baba planted it?” he asked the little child.

Shihan nodded, “Mmm hmmm. Baba bringed…”

“Brought”

“Yeah brought tiny things and then puted them in soil and – and it grewed and haved flowers” Shihan explained in his childish words.

Sehun nodded, “That’s right Kiddo. Now babies are like that tiny seeds that Baba had put in the soil. You see just like the seeds needed time to grow and give flowers, a baby needs time to grow up too. So for that you will have to wait for a few months and then you can see the new baby just like you saw the lily flowers”

Shihan soaked up the information and his little lips formed a cute ‘o’ in amazement.

“Appa?” he asked after sometime, “Where the baby seeds? Can Shihan see them?”

“Well, how about we show you the picture?” Sehun asked and motioned for Luhan to hand the sonogram picture to Shihan.

“What this?” Shihan asked in wonder

Luhan pointed to the picture, “That’s Baba’s tummy and there is the baby” he pointed to the spot where his unborn was in the picture.

Shihan giggled, “Baba funny. It not Baba’s tummy. Baba’s tummy that” he poked one chubby finger on Luhan’s belly.

The older boy laughed, “Yeah its Baba’s tummy but that is too. That is the picture of how Baba’s tummy looks from the inside”

Shihan furrowed his brows, “B-but Shihan no see baby seed no more” he pouted as he lifted Luhan’s tee shirt up and searched of the seed.

“Bao bao the baby is inside Baba’s tummy. You can’t see it from outside” Luhan chuckled at his son’s innocent antics.

Instantly Shihan dropped Luhan’s tee shirt and looked at him with wide eyes.

He quickly turned to look at Sehun, “Appa!” he gasped cutely, “Baba eated a baby!!!!!” he whispered, trying to keep Luhan from hearing his voice.

“Oh God!” Luhan moaned covering his face as Sehun once again burst out laughing.

“It's okay Lu, no need to call me God. Oh Sehun works just fine” Sehun talked cheekily in between his laughs.

Luhan shot a glare at his younger boyfriend, “You are insufferable” he huffed.

“Baba hungry? So eated a baby?” Shihan now asked his birth father, since Sehun was still laughing.

Luhan shook his head, “Baba did not eat a baby, bao bao”

“But there baby in Baba’s tummy” Shihan poked at Luhan’s tummy to put emphasis.

“Yes there is. But not because Baba ate one. Just like the plant seeds grew in the soil, babies grow in tummies. So this baby is growing inside now” Luhan tried his best to come up with a child-version explanation.

“Oh” Shihan nodded again. “How baby come out?” he asked again.

Sehun took his little hand and placed it on Luhan’s soft belly, “There’s a hidden door in here. You can’t see it. It only appears when the baby needs to come out”

“OOO” Shihan looked in wonder.

---

It had been a couple of weeks since Luhan and Sehun had been able to satisfy Shihan’s queries about babies.

Luhan was napping with Shihan while Sehun was in charge of dinner.

Luhan opened his eyes when he felt something poking his tummy. He saw Shihan had lifted his shirt up and was looking at his tummy as if it was a science project and poking it here and there.

“What are you doing Shibao?” he asked groggily.

“Hmmmm” was Shihan’s only reply as the child stuck his bottom lip out in concentration.

“Shihannie?” Luhan called him again.

“Baba Shibao inside tummy too?” he asked.

Luhan smiled, “Yes you were. Right here” he placed his hand on his abdomen.

“Shibao go back there again?” the little boy asked cutely.

Luhan laughed, “No bao bao. Once you get out you can’t go back in there”

“Awww” Shihan pouted, “Shihan want to go in and meet baby there”

That made Luhan smile. He sat and pulled Shihan on his lap, “Is my Shibao excited about the new baby? You will be a big brother”

Shihan nodded, “Shibao want to see baby”

Luhan kissed his forehead, “You will have to wait for a few months baby. But you can talk to the baby and feel the baby”

“How?” Shihan asked curiously.

Luhan took his hand and gently pressed on his soft tummy, “You can talk to the baby now and within a few weeks you can even feel it move inside Baba’s tummy”

Shihan looked impressed, “Okay!” he clapped and leaned down to press a soft kiss on Luhan’s tummy. “Shibao love baby” he declared sweetly, making Luhan tear up in happiness.

When Sehun came to call them for dinner, he found Luhan lying on the bed, with Shihan’s head pillowed on his stomach. Sehun took out his phone and snapped some pictures as his heart melted at the sight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

And thats part 5 of the story. Its coming to an end now. Just 2 more parts to go. Till then take care :D