Part 1

Sometimes complications are part of love

Luhan was busy mixing the ingredients for a new batch of strawberry cupcakes when Sehun hollered from their bedroom upstairs.

“Babe, where’s my shirt?”

Luhan rolled his eyes, “On the bed”

“But it's not…oh got it! Thanks love”

Luhan smiled. Sehun could be a real silly boy at times. He wondered how Sehun managed to live on his own all these years when Luhan was nowhere in his life. But then again, Luhan himself was partly to be blamed for that. It wasn’t like Sehun was irresponsible by any means but Luhan had that nature to take care of everything. ‘Mother-hen’ as Jongin liked to say. So as he took care of his child, he took care of Sehun too. Sometimes, Luhan felt like he had two kids. And currently the older one was in need of his assistance.

“Lu where did you put my trouser?” Sehun hollered again.

Luhan huffed, “Sehunnie look through your closet, will ya? I’m working here”

He heard a few thumps of the closet being opened, rummaged and finally being closed.

“Got it” Sehun’s voice came.

Shaking his head, Luhan went back to his mixing. He had woken up with a sudden craving for strawberry cupcakes and he knew Sehun would eat anything he baked, plus Shihan was a mini-Sehun when it came to cakes and sweet things.

Speaking of Shihan, the little 4 year old was immersed in the cartoon he was watching on tv. Another trait he mustered from Sehun. They were too alike and to any outsider, they would seem real father and son. Hell, most times Luhan wondered how Shihan was so much like Sehun. But he was thankful for that. At times Luhan wondered how his little boy would grow up to be. Would he be like Luhan or like Myu--- No! Stop thinking about him Luhan. Shihan would never be like him. Shihan would be like Sehun. Your Sehun. The voice inside his head scolded him and Luhan decided to listen to it.

 It had been 4 years since he had left his life in China to come to Seoul and he was happy. He had his own bakery, his kid, the most loving boyfriend and a whole bunch of friends. What else could he ask for? He was content. And he had not even spared a single thought about his ex all these years.

 Not even a little.

That was until a couple of weeks ago when he found an old album. Luhan had completely forgotten about it and therefore he was surprised to find it. The album was filled with pictures from his life in China – with his family, his friends, his old workplace and his ex. And that had brought back memories from the past.

It would be a lie to say that Luhan didn’t have any good memories with his ex. Actually, up until he got pregnant, Luhan was happy with him. It was only because his ex never supported Luhan’s decision to keep the baby and then broke up because of that which made Luhan hate him.

A lot of that hate was pregnancy hormones induced and also the fact that it was a fresh wound then but after four years Luhan had learned to reason with that. It wasn’t that he still had any lingering feelings for him or anything like that or that he hated him any less for just bailing out like that. He was truly over him. But he was ready to hate him a little less for leaving him like that. And that’s only because he had someone in his life who loved him much more than his ex.

Aish! Why am I thinking about him again? Damn that album and those pictures. I should have burned them when I had found them, Luhan frowned at his own thoughts and started to concentrate on the work at hand.

He felt two warm hands encircling his waist from the back and then soft kisses were pressed on his nape, trailing to his shoulder and ear lobe.

“Mmmmm it smells so good in here” Sehun mumbled, burying his nose on Luhan’s neck.

The older smiled as Sehun’s breath tickled him.

“I didn’t know you liked the smell of my skin so much Sehunnie” Luhan teased the younger boy.

“I don’t. I was talking about the smell from the mix you are making”

Luhan narrowed his eyes and elbowed Sehun in the stomach.

“Hey! That hurt” Sehun whined.

“That’s supposed to hurt” Luhan replied with another elbow to the stomach.

“Ouch! Shihannie Baba is being a meanie to Appa!” Sehun called out, laughing, before Luhan turned around with a spatula in hand ready to teach his boyfriend a lesson for ratting him out to their kid.

But before he could so much take a step towards the said boyfriend, his kid came inside with a frown.

“Baba, no be a meanie to Appa” the little boy said, placing himself in front of Sehun, like he could protect that tall father of his.

Luhan put the spatula down and gave a nervous smile, “ Baba was just playing with Appa, bao bao”

Shihan looked at his birth father suspiciously for sometime then turned to his younger father.

“Appa tell Shihannie if Baba be meanie again” and with that the little boss went back to his cartoons.

Luhan blinked a couple of times with his mouth wide open.

“Did he just take your side over me… again?” he asked.

Sehun snickered, “Yeah. Like always”

“Why do I even bother to be in your lives? You two would be happy without me anyway” Luhan wiped imaginary tears and sighed dramatically.

Sehun wrapped his arms around Luhan, “Now now, when did we say that we don’t need you in our lives? Shihan and I would be lost without you, babe”

Luhan pouted, “You are just saying it. Look at Shihan. He had always loved you more, even when he was a teeny tiny thing inside my tummy”

Sehun smiled and kissed the older, “That’s true. Shihan always knew I was the better looking father” he teased but felt Luhan melting in his kiss. The older boy wrapped his arms around Sehun’s neck and kissed him. He broke the kiss and blinked the tears from his eyes.

Sehun frowned at that, “Hey hey what are the tears for babe? What’s wrong?” he asked cupping Luhan’s face.

The older boy smiled, shaking his head, “Nothing…just – nothing. They are happy tears. I swear. I just…” he took a shaky breathe, “Th-thank you Sehunnie, for loving me so much…for – for loving Shihan so much”

Sehun sighed. He hated when Luhan thanked him like that, like Sehun had done some charity or something. But he didn’t say it loud. Lately Luhan had been a little emotional, so the younger did what he did best – kiss him. Kissing Luhan always calmed him down.

“You don’t have to thank me babe. You know that. I am always here for you and Shihan, always here to love you, as much as you both need and then even more. You hear me? You don’t thank me ever again or else I’m telling Shihan that you are being a meanie to me again”

Luhan laughed at that as he nodded and let Sehun wipe away the tears from his cheeks.

“Yeah, yeah okay Hunnie. No more thanking you. I don’t want to be forever a meanie in Shihan’s eyes” he laughed.

Sehun kissed his forehead, “You know that he loves you right?”

Luhan smiled, “I know. And he better love me too. I did not carry him around for nine months and go through one hell of a labor for nothing.”

Sehun shook his head at the reminder of that. “Don’t remind me of your labor. I swear my head starts to hurt when I think of all the hits it took from you” he shivered.

Luhan chuckled and tweaked his nose playfully, “Go sit. I will bring breakfast”

---

Breakfast went by normally, only Luhan had the urge to throw the eggs away from Sehun’s plate because he couldn’t stand the smell of those. He pursed his lips and sipped his strawberry shake as he tried not to inhale any of the egg smell. He felt a tug on his sleeve and turned to look at his son.

“Shihan sit on Baba’s lap?” he asked sweetly to which Luhan smiled and nodded.

Shihan got down from his chair and climbed up on Luhan’s lap. He turned to his birth father and wrapped his tiny arms around his neck and kissed his cheek.

“Baba okay?” he asked cupping Luhan’s face in his chubby palms.

The older boy smiled at the gesture. He took Shihan’s hands and kissed them. “Baba is okay, bao bao. Do you want Baba to feed you?” when the child nodded eagerly, Luhan smiled, “Okay now sit and here comes the airplane” he scooped some scrambled eggs and made them fly to Shihan’s mouth making the little child laugh.

“Now Shihan feed Baba” Shihan announced and without wasting a moment, he took some eggs and put it in Luhan’s mouth before Luhan could stop him.

The older boy took deep breaths as he tried to chew the thing inside his mouth.

“It good, Baba?” Shihan asked innocently, unknown to his Baba’s discomfort.

“Mmmhmm” Luhan mumbled and washed it down with his strawberry shake. “It was very good Shihannie” he smiled at his baby.

Sehun frowned at his boyfriend. Luhan loved eggs, especially the scrambled ones. So it was weird to see him looking as if he was about to hurl while eating them.

“Babe you okay?” Sehun asked noticing Luhan’s pale face.

The Chinese boy nodded taking deep breaths, “F-fine Hunnie, I’m okay”

Sehun didn’t look convinced but didn’t press on the matter and left for work.

Luhan cleared the table, all the while suppressing the urge to throw up. His tummy rolled at the smell of anything and everything. Unable to stop himself, he rushed to the bathroom and threw up the breakfast. Making a face at the disgusting thing, he brushed his teeth and looked in the mirror. He skin looked pale, he felt really tired although he had a good night’s sleep, he couldn’t stand the smell of eggs despite the fact that he loved them, he felt sudden weird cravings and he had been throwing up at odd hours for over a week or so, which till then he had been able to hide from Sehun.

 He could be --- Luhan’s eyes widened at the thought. He touched his stomach tenderly wondering if there was already another little life growing inside of him. The thought brought tears of joy to his eyes. Although he and Sehun had never talked about it, he knew Sehun wanted more kids – yeah plural. And he had been a bit emotional lately too. Now, come to think of it, Luhan could connect the dots. As the reality hit him, Luhan looked down at his still flat tummy, rubbing a hand over it.

“Hey there little one” he cooed with a fond smile. He couldn’t wait to give Sehun the news but before that, he needed to be sure himself.

Dressing himself and Shihan quickly, Luhan locked the door behind them and got into the car. Before going to the bakery, he went to the nearby store and bought four pregnancy tests, just to be ABSOLUTELY sure. He couldn’t wait to take the test and it was evident in his appearance. There was a bounce in his steps and smile graced his face for no apparent reason. If Shihan noticed something different in his Baba, he kept quiet.

The bakery was already filled up with the morning regulars and Luhan could see Jongdae and Joonmyeon rushing between taking orders and serving.

“Nice of you to join us, hyung” Jongdae greeted him before picking up Shihan and tickling the kid.

“Ssstoooppp Uncle Jongdae, it tickle” Shihan giggled as Jongdae tickled him under his chin.

Luhan smiled at the sight, “Sorry I had to go somewhere before coming here. It was urgent”

Joonmyeon looked at Luhan seriously, “Everything alright Luhan?” he asked in his big brother manner.

Luhan smiled, “Perfect” and with that he slipped in the back to the washroom. He couldn’t wait to take the tests.

The next ten minutes were the longest ten minutes of Luhan’s life. After following the instructions given on the boxes, Luhan waited for the required time. He could barely sit still and paced the whole bathroom, even picked on his nails in worry.

Atlast, the wait was over as his phone beeped in alarm. The time was up and the results were ready. Luhan bit his lip and took tentative steps towards the four tests on the bathroom counter. For a moment fear gripped his heart. What if it was all a false alarm? What if he wasn’t pregnant? What then?

Shaking his head off the worries, Luhan closed his eyes and blindly grabbed one test. His heart pounded as he opened his eyes and stared at the stick.

Positive.

Luhan blinked a few times and rubbed his eyes to make sure they weren’t playing tricks on him. But the result was still the same.

Positive.

Luhan quickly grabbed the next test, and the next and the next. They all showed the same result.

Positive.

Tears filled his eyes as he bit his lip and lifted his shirt to look at his belly. There really was a little life growing inside of him. A life that was made by him and Sehun.

“Hi baby” Luhan cried softly, as his hand rubbed circles over his belly, “I’m your Baba. I’m so happy for you and I know your Appa would be too as well as your big brother. You will have lots of uncles too. You will be a precious baby. I can’t wait to hold you in my arms”

After a while, Luhan washed his face and put the tests in his bag for a later surprise to Sehun. He couldn’t wait to give him the good news.

Shihan was happily coloring on his sketchbook and Luhan ruffled his hair on his way to the front counter. He was making a list of the ingredients he would need to bake blueberry shortcake when the bell above the door jingled. Luhan didn’t bother to look up as he heard Jongdae greeting the new customer. He was almost done with his list when a voice came to his ear.

“Han? Luhan?”

The voice was all too familiar. The voice that Luhan didn’t hear in years. The voice that Luhan never thought would hear again. The voice that belonged to him.

Luhan looked up with wide eyes.

“Myu…” he stopped short at the sight of the man standing in front of him, the father of his first born – the biological father of Shihan, Luhan’s ex ---

“Myungsoo?”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

 

 

 

 

And there's the first part. 

I would like to dedicate it to LuluEXODeer12... :)

PS: In case you are wondering its our beloved L :D

PSS: Shihan's words are simple baby language.... not bad grammer Lol.

What are your thoughts regarding it? Do tell me :)

xoxo