Chapter Three

I'm Not Who You Think I Am


"C'mon loser!" Kibum yelled from the bottom of the stairs, and if Jongdae knew his brother, his eyebrows would be furrowed in frustration, "We're not waiting forever for your sorry !"

Jongdae groaned as he finished up his hair rolling his eyes. Kibum was always impatient, thinking he ruled over the twins. He straightened the skinny black tie and opened the bedroom door, shouting as he did so, "I'm coming!"

Although he put a fake tone of urgency in his tone, Jongdae sauntered down the stairs at his own, slow pace and joined his family in the hallway in front of their door. Thoughts about how his family looked dysfunctional passed through his mind as he looked at his parents and siblings. His mother, father and Kibum work smart clothes and acted as if they were too good to be with the other three. Hyoyeon wore a tastefully casual dress with her hair in a messy ponytail. If she had it her way she'd be wearing some leggings and an oversized jumper with her hair down messily, however his father had reminded the four that they were his prides and joys and they must dress so. The Jong twins partook in their usual twin get up - Jongdae wore a light blue shirt with a black tie and light brown skinny jeans whereas Jongin wore the reversed. Jongdae felt happy to say he looked better of the two for once in his life, outfit wise at least. Looks wise Jongin would still get more attention at their destination.

"Now remember," Their father said as they piled into the taxi he had called prior to leaving, "The Kim's are very good friends of mine. You four will not embarrass me and your mother, will you?"

"No father," The four chimed in unison.

The taxi ride was spent in silence as the six inside looked around. Jongdae preferred it that way to be honest, he enjoyed the silence as it gave him time to think, be away from the torture he called Kibum speaking. It wasn't until his parents talked about how the Kim's had a son named Joonmyeon in their own sons' year did Jongdae perk up, "Ooooh Joonmyeon?"

Jongdae's mother looked at her second oldest son through the mirror of the car, "You know him?"

Jongdae opened his mouth to say something in return, however his father's look of disgust and disapproval made him close his mouth. Although his mother was oblivious to it, Hyoyeon noticed and she smiled, "How do you know Joonmyeon?"

The question sparked the attention of everyone in the car, excluding the driver, as Joonmyeon, a rich boy like him, wouldn't be seen dead talking to the only Kim who didn't have a talent. Jongdae coughed slightly, "We're, er, partners on this science project."

"Oh, make sure you don't weigh him down with your uselessness," His father snorted as they reached the grand house.

"Don't listen to him," Hyoyeon whispered to Jongdae as they walked through the door, "A few more months and you're living with Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. That's the dream, right?"

"That or with a guy who can handle my self-hatred," Jongdae muttered as he scanned the room for Joonmyeon.

Before he could scope out his project partner his father had grabbed a hold of his collar of his shirt and presented him before the Kim's, Joonmyeon and his parents.

"Ah, Ryeowook-hyung!" Joonmyeon's father greeted, "So this is the family I've been anticipating to see!"

Jongdae's father grinned, "Sure is. Here's my eldest and only daughter Hyoyeon."

Hyoyeon smiled and bowed in respect, "Nice to meet you."

Joonmyeon's mother praised her on her beauty.

"Next," Jongdae's father continued, "Is my son, Kibum, or Key."

Key smirked and bowed himself, recieving some swoons from some girls in the background.

"And finally," Their father rounded off, "Are my twin songs, Jongdae and Jongin."

Jongdae and Jongin bowed in unison, "Nice to meet you Mr Kim."

Joonmyeon's father bowed back before turning to Joonmyeon, "Which one's your partner for the project."

Joonmyeon smiled sheepishly and grabbed Jongdae lightly by the arm and pulled him foward, unaware of the pain he was causing by putting pressure on Jongdae's cuts, "Him, Jongdae."

"Tell you what, since this is a rather, adult party, why don't you two go upstairs and get a head start on the project?"

Jongdae's eyes lit up and he put on a fake pout to Joonmyeon, causing the older to laugh, "Thanks Dad."

~

Upstairs Jongdae sat down on Joonmyeon's bed, "Do you usually go upstairs when your father throws parties like these?"

Joonmyeon turned around after previously looking for some supplies, "No. When I'm paired with a cute boy for science projects I do."

Jongdae flushed and shook his head lightly, "You know, you shouldn't go round calling boys cute, you never know how they'll react."

"I know, but you don't seem to be the type to be like that."

Jongdae laughed, "All you know about me is my name."

"I also know you're a joker."

Internally, Jongdae cringed at Joonmyeon's words but he plastered a goofy grin on his face regardless, "Yep, that's me~ Full time troll."

Jongdae watched as Joonmyeon came and sat beside him, a little too close to suggest friends. Although it was too close, Jongdae didn't move away and watched as Joonmyeon glanced at the gap and smiled at Jongdae, "See, you're not that type. If you were, you would've pushed me away or something."

"I...er."

Jongdae glanced back at Joonmyeon as the older leant in. He wasn't too experienced in what was going to happen next but he found himself not wanting to pull away. He shook his head slightly, "Nobody'll know?"

Joonmyeon shrugged, "If you don't want them too."