Beautiful Dream; Waking up?

Secret; Don't keep me waiting for too long.

Chapter 2: Beautiful dream; Waking up?

 

Myung Soo P.O.V

I was deep in sleep and couldn't force myself to wake up. I was dreaming that Hyoyoung and I were in a really beautiful place, it was all green and filled with many colorful flowers all around. There were streams, birds, and waterfalls, It was beautiful. Hyoyoung was wearing a plain, mid-length, white dress, with her beautiful black hair being blown by the calm wind as she looked back at me and smiled.
"Is this heaven?" I asked Hyoyoung.
She smiled and held my hand. "You'll see" she said.
She was leading me somewhere.
Then we finally arrived in front of a big beautiful water stream.
She let go of my hand and smiled brightly. "See you later.. Oppa" she said before disappearing.
I freaked out, I didn't know what to do. Did that mean that Hyoyoung will die?
I kept thinking in my sleep ,until, i felt a grip on my hand.
I woke up immediately.
Then I looked at Hyoyoung and remembered that I was holding her hand tightly before falling asleep.
But apparently I let go for real when she let go of my hand in the dream.
But... What is this I'm seeing. Hyoyoung was the one holding my hand now. That must have been the grip I felt on my hand just now.
How did that happen? Did she move? I was worried with mixed feelings,I could feel my hands shaking and my heart beating really fast. I didn't know if I should be happy or sad. 
Until... I looked at Hyoyoung and widened my eyes. A chill went down my back, her eyelashes were moving. 
I jumped off  my seat as I could feel my heart beating, I was breathing heavily, I tried to calm myself down. I gulped and sat back. I held her hand tightly,

"Hyoyoung.. Don't worry I'll be there for you. Please wake up..".

 

Hyoyoung P.O.V

I could feel a grip on my hand.
A familiar voice was calling me. 
But I couldn't wake up.
I felt as though I was tied down. I could hardly breathe and I felt like the whole world was spinning. All I could see was black.
Then I had a lot of flashbacks and memories come to my mind all at once.
     

     •//FLASHBACK//•
 

"Hyoyoung-ah, you and Myung Soo set up the table and get the decorations ready. Your dad and I will be back as soon as we've gotten the birthday present you asked for."
My mom said as she smiled and walked out the door.

 

I felt as if I was living the moment, but... When was this?
I looked around the house. 

I saw the birthday cake and my brother Myung Soo and I preparing the decorations.

Oh.. It was my 13th birthday, 4 years ago..
I could see my self as I walked towards my brother and helped him with the decorating. 
 

    •//End Of Flashback//•
 

I remember that day we waited so long for my parents.. But they didn't come. Later that day we got a call from the hospital saying that our parents have passed away in a car accident. 

I remember a thought that came to my head instantly when I heard of my parents' death.

I was telling myself that it was all my fault. I couldn't even handle the feeling, I felt like fainting but at the same time I felt really guilty. 
It was my fault because I was the one that asked them for a phone as a birthday present. I was jealous of my brother and all my classmates because they had phones. I told my mom and dad that I'd want to call them first when I get my phone.

I was very excited. But it was my fault, it was definitely my fault.

At that time I didn't cry or yell. I felt dizzy, and my eyelids felt really heavy, I wanted to look at my brother Myung Soo to see how he was,

I wanted to make sure he was okay,I wanted to tell him that there's no need to worry about me, but then I lost sight of everything around me.

I was away from the world for those four years, and now that voice that was calling me earlier, it was a warm and gentle voice I've always known. It was definitely my only family left. The only trust and hope I have still, it must be my brother Myung Soo.
 

I mentally shook my head to wake up, but I failed. Then I had a thought in my mind, I knew that I must wake up, I can't leave Myungsoo alone, he must be suffering.

I wanted to wake up, I had to. I felt as if the chains I felt tied around my body were loosening. I forced my eyes open and looked at the ceiling. I felt very relieved.

I could finally breathe normally. I looked to the side saw Myung Soo holding my hand with his eyes closed tightly. *He didn't leave me..* I thought. I could feel my eyes getting watery as I looked at him.
He was the last thing I saw before I fell into this coma, and now.. He was the first sight I saw after four years of not seeing or hearing anything.


 

I looked around my hospital room, observing everything. Then I looked back at Myung Soo.
 

"Oppa.." I said in a low voice. 
 

Then I saw him as he lifted his head quickly and widened his eyes.

---------------------

Myung Soo P.O.V

As I was holding on to Hyoyoung's hand, I suddenly heard a familiar voice calling me.
A voice I've been waiting to hear for years. Could it be..

 

I opened my eyes, and to my surprise, I saw Hyoyoung looking straight at me with her beautiful innocent eyes.

My eyes widened at the sight of her awake again.

 

I felt relieved, excited, and nervous all at once.
I was breathing heavily and smiling at the same time.

I let go of her hand and immediately grabbed her shoulders.
"Hyoyoung-ah! Kwaenchanha??"
I said fiercely.

She just continued looking at me and smiled.
 

That beautiful smile.. How long have I waited to see it again. And now, here I am seeing it again after four years of looking at her sleeping body.

Hyoyoung P.O.V

"Hold on a bit, I'll go call the doctor."
He said as he hurried out of the room.

I smiled happily as I saw him again.

I've missed him so much, for four years I've been wanting to hear his kind, soft voice talking to me, and here I am, hearing it again.

Author P.O.V

Around 5 minutes later, Hyoyoung heard the door open and saw the doctor and the nurse hurrying in with Myung Soo with them.

"You're one lucky girl". The doctor said to Hyoyoung.
"Thank you" Hyoyoung smiled at him brightly.
"If it wasn't for your brother, we would have given up already, but he insisted that we keep you here, he was sure that you would wake up, and he was right, you are awake now."
The doctor said as he was preparing to to examine Hyoyoung.

Hyoyoung looked at Myung soo in a sorrowful smile," Oppa .. I don't know how to thank you.."

She said as her smile faded.

Then Myung Soo began,
"No. Don't worry about it.
That was my job, the only reason I'm still alive is to care for and protect you. Also you're the only one left after our p-" Myungsoo paused and thought,

he shouldn't be mentioning the misery of her parent's death after it was the cause of all of this.
He smiled and continued "You're the only one for me."

Hyoyoung smiled and looked at the doctor as he was checking up on her.

"Surprisingly, she's completely fine"
The doctor said as he smiled at the two.
Myung Soo and Hyoyoung looked at each other, smiling happily.

"You might have to help her with the walking though, during this time she could lose her balance easily and fall." The doctor instructed. "Also make sure nothing stresses her out."

Myung Soo looked at Hyoyoung then back at the doctor "Does that mean I can take her home with me today?"
He asked.

"Yes, Of course!" The doctor nodded.
"That's great!" Myung soo said excitedly.

 

Hyoyoung smiled lightly then looked down as she didn't look as happy as her brother was. Then she looked at Myungsoo with a worried expression.
 

Myung Soo looked back at her and she quickly smiled not to make him feel worried. He smiled back and looked away. 
 

He sighed in relief and looked up at the ceiling, closing his eyes.
He was really happy.
----------------
*On the way home*
The taxi car drove into a small building's parking lot and stopped.

Myung soo got out of the car and closed the door behind him.
He took out some money from his wallet and gave it to the taxi driver from the window.
Then he went to the other side of the car and opened the door for Hyoyoung.

 

He grabbed her hand as she stepped out of the car, shielding her eyes from the sun as she was looking up at the building they were about to enter.
"This..."
Hyoyoung said as she looked at Myung Soo while pointing at the building.

"Ahh that.." He said hesitating.
"Not too long after you fell into that coma, Dad's brother and his family came to me asking for the inheritance that our parents left behind. He claimed that he and his family were the legal heirs to all my Father's belongings, Including our house. So I worked at a couple part-time jobs and paid the monthly rent to stay at this apartment."
He continued as the two entered the building and walked through the hallway.

Just as they reached the stairs, Hyoyoung stopped and said "What are you talking about?"
 

Myung Soo stopped and looked at her, as she continued "You and I are the only legal heirs to our parents' belongings. Unless we die, but we didn't. I was in a coma although they thought I was dead, but that doesn't change anything. You were supposed to earn everything since you were the only one left from the family".
I looked at her "Well that could've been possible, but in this case I wasn't the legal inheritor, I wasn't re- I quickly stopped as I realized what I was saying.

"What do you mean?" Hyoyoung said as she looked confused at her brother.

He looked away and stepped up the first stair. "We'll talk about it later."
He said.
Hyoyoung couldn't sense what was going on, she shrugged and followed as she was leaning on her brother's shoulder to help her up the stairs.

 

Then the two continued walking up the stairs.

 

____________________________________

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, please subscribe if you like it and comment with feedback on the story. o^-^o

I will continue to work hard. Fighting! 

 

Hyoyoung ~