.23

Blood is Thicker than Water

Jinna's POV:

A week after Soobin left with Chanyeol, I was lounging at a hotel in Frace with my four best friends. The twins, Candy and Minny, were on their phones. Candy's name was really Candice, but she hated it so she changed it to Candy. It was ironic though because she was like, "I changed it because I'm as sweet as a candy!" But in reality, she was insanely sarcastic and bitter to those she didn't know. Lina, my best friend since I moved to the states, was next to me. The four of us all shared 2 queen beds. 

(Lina in her usual attire)

tumblr_n5wjs2BJJ41skv8rto1_400.jpg

(Candy and Minny forced to wear dresses to this fair, Candy in polka dots, Minny in floral)

tumblr_n5wjs2BJJ41skv8rto2_500.jpg

"And he asked me out!" Lina, the tomboy, squealed and clapped her hands. We've been catching up for a while now. Since we got here an hour before we decided to eat dinner, we'd just chat.

"Mhm, like 8th time we've heard this," Candy snapped her gum. Lina giggled.

"That's so cute! You guys are dating?" I looked at her with a bit of jealousy. Lina was so freaking pretty and smart, and reminded me of Soobin. Of course guys would love her. Her love life was always great. I was always in the shadow of someone's great prescence.

"Any new boys at your school?" Minny was a true girly girl. I blushed and Candy caught it, "AHA! She's found someone!"

"Be quiet!" I shushed her, my blush getting deeper.

"Who is it?" Lina leaned in.

"Let her talk," Minny smiled at me as both of them tucked their phones away.

"Park Chanyeol." I blushed at the name.

"Korean name," Candy scoffed.

"Of course, he's korean," I rolled my eyes.

"Continue!" Lina urged me. I thought of him and my heart went overdrive, "He's tall, handsome, has a deep voice, funny, happy all the time, cheerful, sweet, thoughtful and HE ASKED ME TO A SCHOOL DANCE!" I couldn't help but gush over him.

"He did!?" Minny blinked at me, "A sure sign of love~" I really hope so.

"Sweet! Picture?" Lina was visual and wanted to see a picture of Chanyeol. A smirk formed as I took out my phone.

"You stalk him?" Candy thought that boys were all jerks and disgusting.

"No," Ok maybe I did.

"Whoa," Lina gaped at the picture I showed them. Chanyeol was waving to who? Of course, Soobin. And I caught a cute picture of him. His glasses were on his face and he was smiling widely.

large.jpg

"Good choice," Candy reluctantly agreed.

"So what's keeping you guys from dating?" Minny waggled her eyebrows. I slapped my forehead and shut off my phone.

"My sister," I simply replied.

"The pretty girl who's your screensaver?" Nothing escaped Lina's eyes. I felt kind of bitter, having my best friend call my sister pretty.

"Yeah." I shrugged and tossed my phone at the pillow.

"Just because she's pretty, what's so good about her?" Candy came to my defense.

"Well, she's insanely outgoing. Madly popular I mean, everywhere I go, I hear people talking about her in a good way. She's super nice to everyone, and not to mention considerate. Her grades have always been either 4.00 or higher and she doesn't even study! She's in every single sports team. I mean, volleyball, track, basketball, soccer, softball," I listedher qualities off. With each and every one of them, their eyes widened.

"More popular than us!?" Minny shrieked. The four of us used to be the most popular ones.

"And her good looks adds that up to a perfect girlfriend," Lina whistled, not helping my situation.

"Sounds neat. Tough nut to crack," even Candy agreed on this.

"What do I do??" I moaned and stared at them helplessly.

"Well, the only thing I can think of.." Lina trailed off and we met eyes. 

"SABOTAGE!" We all agreed.

"But she's been so nice," I opened my phone and remembered what my sister had done in the airport: jump onto the luggage claim and grab my luggage for me. 

"So?" Candy looked as though she couldn't care less.

"If you want him to be your man, you make him your man," Minny poked my chest.

"We've got to get yo beautiful, athletic, smart and popular," Lina dutifully glanced at me.

"Well, there's only one way!" Minny cheerfully grinned.

"Huh?" I was blank. Deep in my heart, it seemed so wrong to do this to my loving sister.

"We transfer to your school, take over the rule, give you a makeover and set you up with this Chanyeol dude." Candy confirmed. It was a great idea, having my friends with me again. I would no longer feel like a loner. I nodded happily.

"Well, tell us all about this Soobin," Minny leaned over. I couldn't really think of any flaws of hers. So I began with compliments.

"She has the most loyal friends ever. I swear, they would do anything for each other!" I was deeply jealous of that, seeing how fiercely they cared for one another.

"Anything?" Candy raised any eyebrow. I nodded.

"She's on vacation with Chanyeol right now," I pouted at that.

"WHAT!?" Lina shrieked, "Why?"

"Family vacation together, both families," I pretended not to be hurt by this.

"You idiot why'd you even come here?" Minny crossed her arms. 

"You guys are my besties," I pointed out. They nodded considerably.

"Next," Candy waited.

"Uh, she has a huge closet full of clothes that she'll probably never where." It was true. The first time I entered her closet, it awed me with its sparkliness.

"Something bad," Candy snapped.

"Be nicer," Lina nudged her. Candy glared at Lina who shrinked back.

"She is buddies with the principal." I noted. I've seen them laughing and talking once. They were like giggling girls honestly.

"She's good at sports hmm?" Candy ignored what I just said.

"Teachers pet," Minny snickered.

"She seems so good, it's hard to go against her then." Lina bit her lip, deep in thought,

"But we can," Candy smirked and told us the plan in whispers.

's going down. 

 

A/N- DOUBLE UPDATE WOOT WOOT!!! Not gonna be here for the next 4 days so :(((