.22

Blood is Thicker than Water

"AHAHAAA!" Our group was the loudest amongst the resturaunt.

"Ugh, that table is open, we should be next." Mr. Park impatiently tapped his foot. 

"And there she goes, doing a wonderful belly flop!" Mom giggled and pointed at the phone. Chanyeol once again erupted with laughter. I crossed my arms, "Wait till you jump." The next video was of Chanyeol diving.

"Our turn!" Dad crowed and we went to a seat in the corner. It was right next to a floor length window, the blue coming through. In the tan seats were striped pillows for us to lean on. Our booth was a semi circle with a small table in the middle. The restaurant was buffet style. Trees came out from the buffet and the wood beams on top made it airy. Lights coming from lamps filled the area with a mysterious manner. 

rivabella-los-angeles.jpg?w=584&h=328

It was around dinner time, after diving and deciding the winner. We took our starving selves to that fancy restaurant in our hotel. The men all had black suits and like I expected, Chanyeol looked absolutely dashing. His leopard print bowtie was a bit tilted.

dmu6la

I had the urge to straighten it. The moms didn't look half bad either, adorning gowns. I myself had a gown. I really liked it. It was nothing fancy. It was lavender with a huge bow on the back. Sadly, it was strapless but on the good side, it was knee length. A small purple flower decorated the front. It was fancy enough.

lavender-short-bridesmaid-dresses-tulle-

"Food!" We cheered and went to get in line to get the delcious looking and smelling food. Our parents were looking after our table since all the purses were there. Well, not all the parents, but our dads. Of course, ladies first.

"Whoa, that looks good," Chanyeol longingly looked at the dessert table on the side. 

"Nope! You have to eat first!" Mrs. Park turned Chanyeol's head around and we began to pile our food up onto our large plates. Pretty soon, the food on our plates were at least a foot high and every ince of the plate was covered. Finaly sastified, we made our way back to the table. Our parentt's astonished looks had us laughing as we stuffed our faces with food.

"You guys are gonna get fat," Mom commented, delicately biting into her piece of bread.

"Here that Chanyeol?" I poked his belly.

"Yah!" He poked me back.

"Let's eat in peace," Mr. Park sighed. In other words, shut up so we can eat. Giggling, I bit into the wonderfully thick steak. It was salted just right and had a peppery flavor added to it. The bread was soft and warm, mixing well with the cold butter. The salad was incredibly fresh and the sauce was thick and sweet. The corn was incredibly sweet, as well as the sushi that they called California roll. There was this meatball thing with ketchup that they called spaghetti and it was by far the most amazing thing on the menu. It blew my taste buds away. Finally, we were finished. I rubbed my still empty stomach and turned to Chanyeol.

"That was good,: he wiped his mouth and we stood up.

"More!" We shouted in sync and ran to grab plates. Our dumbfounded parents just watched us go. This time we got a platter of fried noodles and a bowl of soup noodles. They were made from whateer ingrediant that you wanted in the menu.

"Mmm," Chanyeol his lips, smelling the soup.

"Heaven," I agreed. Once back to the table, it was just us two and we were chowing the food down.

"Desserts next," I instructed. I was excited to see what desserts they had since the table looked incredibly delicious.

"Of course!" Chanyeol fist pumped the air while still his noodles.

"Stop slurping," I wrinkled my nose.

"Geez ok," Chanyeol ignored it whatsoever. We ate in silence, finishing within seconds of each other once again.

"Where are you kids going now?" Dad curiously asked.

"You're done!?" Mr. Park's jaw dropped.

"Desserts," I informed them and we grabbed plates and filled them with whatever sweets there were, including ice cream, tarts, cupcakes, slices of cake, crepes, macaroons, etc. It was so wonderful. The bad thing was that there was only one piece of cheescake left...and I saw Chanyeol eyeing it. If I were to get it I better be quick. I inched that way and snatched it at the exact same time as him. He tugged but I refused to let go. This was chocolate cheescake we were talking about!

"Mine!" I glared at him.

"I got it first," he stubbornly held it firmly.

"Ugh just bring it back and decide it there, noticing a line growing behind us. Chanyeol took it and we went back to our booth. 

"Whoever won diving gets it!" I triumphantly grinned.

"No fair!" Chanyeol pouted. 

"Share kids," Mom reprimanded us. We made a face but shared, taking a bite each. Just as I was about to scoop another bite, he took it on his fork and dangled it in front of my face.

"That's my piece!" I opened my mouth and leaned to eat it. At the last second, he yanked back. I glared at him but just moved on to eat my own plate. I didn't want to give him the sastifaction of him winning and being able to tease me anytime.

"Sheesh," Chanyeol prodded my mouth open and stuck the piece of cake in. Mischeviously smiling, he took some cream on his hand and placed it on my nose, which became wrinkled. Laughing, he took a picture of me.

"Hey!" I tried to delete it but the giant held it out of reach. 

"Cute," he laughed and then we finished our cheesecake and moved onto our own plates. 

So we know it, I won the diving competition and he was treating me out to breakfast. Watching Chanyeol's dive later on, I hooted with laughter. He straight on just belly flopped. Even if I did so as well, I managed to get Aeri to teach me a couple of flips and that came in useful.

But on the other side of the world, it was not as cheerful as it was here.

 

A/N- Jinna's brewing something! The next chapter will be in her POV and it's about her summer so far. I'm not that good at writing fluff, sorry :(