.14

Blood is Thicker than Water

I stared at Chanyeol for a long measure, my brain registering his words. When it finally hit me, I opened my mouth. The word 'yes' was at the tip of my tongue. But then a flurry of noise made me turn around. It was Jinna, beaming and laughing with Carmen. I gulped and turned to Chanyeol. His face was lit up with hope. I bit my lip; sadden Chanyeol or Jinna? I squeezed my eyes shut and turned my head down. My hair covered my face.

"I'm sorry, I have to go somewhere that day," I whispered. Chanyeol was completely silent.

"Keep the flowers..." he wasn't smile or frowning. He was expressionless.

"Thanks anyways. You can ask Jinna, she realy wants to go with someone," I suggested. He curtly nodded and left. I sank onto a chair and sighed. A heavy feeling was set in my chest. My heart clenched. I felt a great sense of lost. I shook my head. You can't feel these things. Before Jinna or Carmen could spot me, I ran away.

~~~

"Soobin!!!!! Chanyeol oppa asked me to the dance!" Jinna grinned as I walked in. I forced a half hearted smile.

"That's great! I have this dress... I was going to go but decided against it. It'd look fab on you!" I tried to act enthusiastic. I blinked a couple of times really quickly. I didn't want Jinna to see the tears forming in my eyes. 

"Can I see it on you first?" Jinna asked. I nodded and went to change. When I came out, mom gasped and started snapping pictures. Jinna was in shock. The dress was indeed beautiful. I patted it and took it off. Jinna tried it on. It was a bit too long but it could be trimmed. Nevertheless, she looked amazing in it. 

"Wow! Thanks!" She bear hugged me. Jinna was so so happy. It was worth it, wasn't it? Tears built up in my eyes again. This time, it brimmed my eyes and I couldn't blink it away.

"Why are you crying?" Jinna frowned. I wiped away an escapee, "Just because my lil sis is growing up to fast for me!" 

"I'm younger by 45 secs," she scoffed. I laughed.

Once in my room, I buried my face in my pillow. My mind told me it was totally correct that I chose to do this, but my heart, it ached so. I bit my lip and muffled a sob. Get it together Soobin, Jinna and Chanyeol are a forever thing. I looked at my reflection. I looked like a half dead zombie. My phone rang and I answered it.

"Hello?" It was Aeri.

"Hi." I kept my voice in control.

"I can't wait for the dance!" She gushed.

"Mhm," I replied and played with the edge of my blanket. 

"Are you going stag?" She wondered.

"No. I'm not going," I sighed and began to pace.

"What!?" Aeri screeched right into my ear. I winced.

"Yeah, I'm busy," my voice cracked. Dang it keep it together! Aeri, being Aeri, cauht the crack in my voice. She knew me long enough to know I didn't cry often, unlesss it was really important.

"Why are you crying? Are you ok? Did you fall off a cliff? Is your dad bald? Did Jinna get shredded?" Aeri came up with the bizarrest ideas ever. Despite everything, I released a laugh.

"It's...nothing." 

Aeri didn't quite believe me, "Really huh? C'mon~ I'll let you help me shop!!" Shopping, urgh fine. 

"I- Chanyeol asked. I rejected because Jinna would be happier," I let my thoughts out. Aeri gasped and if she was here, she'd whack me for being an idiot. 

"You're an idiot you know? He's been your crush since forever, and now your throwing away your biggest chance to make prissy sister happy? Come on you've got to be kidding me." Aeri ranted. She wouldn't understand...

"She's my sister!" I protested weakly. I knew she was correct though. What was I thinking? Jinna's happiness that's what.

"I know your really sad now. I'm coming over for a sleepover. Just..don't get to hurt when  bigger things happen ok?" Aeri warned me before hanging up. I stared at my swollen sstate and dashed to my own restroom to clean up. I heared Jinna singing a song next door cheerfully. 

Time to face the music, there was no way you could not like Chanyeol. And Jinna was just a mistake.

~~~

"We aren't dating of course! I did this to make you happy~" Chanyeol sang to me. He liked it when I was happy. He couldn't get rid of the feeling he got in his chest though he had no idea what it was.

"Happy.." I muttered. He didn't catch my scarcasm however. The bell rang thrice and I huried to get off the phone, "See you tomorrow!" Aeri was standing at the door with her duffel bag, arms crossed. 

"Come in!" She scoffed at my 'happiness'. 

"Wanna watch a movie or eat something or we could look through mags or-" I was cut of by Aeri's hand on my mouth.

"Stop it. Let's figure out your poblem first. Of course you want to go with him," the last part was muttered. I saw that Aeri was completely serious as she walked to my room. I grabbed some chips, candy and 2 bananas and ran up to my room.

"Eew bananas," she had a grossed out look on her face.

"They're for me." I opened one and chomped on it. She took the chips and began wolfing them down. Clasping her hands and sticker her feet onto my desk, she gave me a look. I sensed a long lecture coming. 

It was going to be a looooong night.

 

A/N- forgive me for the short chappie:( im not going to make u read my list of exxcuses(; anyways till next time~ im sad that soobin didnt agree to go :( it gets better i promise. please check out my oneshot that I finished.. it isn't that great but please, if you have time, it's greatly appreaciated.

Enchanted Room (Exo's Lay)